2000 Subaru Outback

8.3

Based on 645 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

What a Lemon!!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Bought my 2003 Outback last year ('07) for a reasonable price, but have put over $4,000 into repairs in ONE YEAR!!! Everything has broken down: axle, CV joints, differential, head gaskets, throttle sensor - you name it! I bought this car because I believed a Subaru would be a dependable car, and maybe they are - but not this one! Am dumping it ASAP!!!"

Solid, dafe car, but not too sporty

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I bought a 2002 Subaru Outback with 12,000 miles on it, now the car has 85,000 miles and it's still running well. I really can't complain too much. I was in an accident with a big SUV that crushed the right front side of my vehicle and I walked away without a scratch (I was surprised that the airbag didn't go off though). The entire engine compartment took a beating, but the passenger compartment was fine, so it is definitely safe. It also has performed very well in the snowy Wisconsin weather. Both head gaskets needed to be replaced, but luckily one was under warranty and the other Subaru replaced for free; this seems to be a problem with these vehicles. The only complaints I have are that Subarus are relatively expensive, older models like mine are pretty homely looking, and the 4-cylinder engine I have is a bit under powered. I definitely recommend Subarus to my friends and I will be looking to buy either the diesel Forrester when it comes out (50mpg!) or the new Forrester 2.5 XT when my wife's car finally dies."

One of a kind

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"driven through unreal snow storms in Colorado, where the hi winds were forcing SUVs off the road, while I simply passed them. Incredibly well tuned suspension for comfort through bumps, and rough terrain, while having sportie handling. Underpowered though as a heavy vehicle...get the 6 cylinder, not the 4."

good car/car seat issues

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"bad points are premeium gas needed or car coughs, snow gets stuck in wheel wells and can't go over 30mph till cleaned or melted and rearview mirroe sticks on dim too dark to see, car seat can not be placed in the middle of back row and also heated seats are not hot enough...otherwise an good car with no problems"

Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"The 1996 Suburu Outback has the best design of all the Outbacks. I've been waiting for a better one to come along, but so far it hasn't. When it does, I'll buy it. Until then, my Outback just keeps going and going. I may just have to put a new engine in it when this one finally wears out. Suburu--little creature comforts are important to drivers. Give special attention to good cup holders -- at least two in the front. The little speakers near the windows on the doors are the best--continue to install those. A little more power for climbing hills would be nice too. Thanks!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals