2000 Subaru Outback

8.3

Based on 634 Ratings for the 1996 - 2004 models.

The car that just won't quit

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "reliable durable and worth the price"

Cons: "sound system is weak"

"I live in upstate ny and the winters are cold and the snow gets deep. I have never been stuck somewhere because of the weather. General maint. and a little tlc and this car is going to drive me for another 100K easily. I don't do any mechanical work so it does get a little expensive around break and rotor changing time, but other than that I put $1500 into her over the last 2 years in tires and preventative maint. Tape deck and cloth seats are the only con. Never thought I would own one car this long. My wife bought the 2011 model when she needed an upgrade from her camry. She will never own a two wheel drive car again. We will always have two Subaru's in the driveway! Love this car"

Great Value, Useful, Sporty(see complete review)

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Drives nice, goes everywhere, HAULS STUFF"

Cons: "Roof rack adjstmnt screws, wind noise at side mirr"

Looks blue but it's really green.

"We had the heads redone due to oil leaks $2K. I replaced the antiroll bars with heavier ones from RalliTek $300.00 and changed the shock/struts to KYBs $400.00. K&N air filter $40.00. Weatherstripped the side mirror to stop the wind noise $3.00. The thing drives like a new car! More power and handles much better. It's a keeper!"

Looks blue but it's really green.

stylish and comfortable but beware

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"I have loved this car since the day I bought it, and I have taken very good care of it. Sadly at 170,000 mi. the head gasket has begun to leak and my engine overheats and now needs to be replaced. I have been told by more than a few people that the 1998 Outback has a problem with this particular thing, and it is best to buy a different year."

Comfy hwy car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"1999 DOHC 2.5 was a noisy motor, piston slap was taken care of in later years with a shorter piston skirt. Reliable, but somewhat noisy. Still used a single-layer head gasket in these years which requires full removal of the motor to remedy, usually between 80 and 100 thousand miles. All wheel drive is one of the best on the market, and has been trouble free. The car (outback limited) is comfy with nice leather seats and adjustable lumbar. Lots of options like seat heaters, wiper heater, mirror heaters, seat height adjustment make it creature comfortable, and fold-down rear seats with the wagon make it a decent hauler when needed. It's moderately nice looking, for a wagon. Nice car for snowy climates."

Well cared for 2001 Subaru Outback LL Bean Edition

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "condition, care, new tires, recently serviced"

Cons: "some rust starting"

"Get a great car for a good value. Our 2001 Outback is in great shape in spite of the mileage. It has been garaged for it's life with us and has many great features that are standard with the LL Bean edition."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Outback near Honolulu. See local deals