2015 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,609 - $26,258.

8.3

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2015 models.

Good but not great

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Power, AWD, Interior & Storage Space, Styling"

Cons: "Handling, Stopping power, and CVT"

"After driving the vehicle for sometime now, I have some thoughts to share if you're considering purchasing one. Overall, I like the car. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drive through a pretty bad winter season. For it's size and power it was amazingly confident in the snow. From start to stop, the vehicle did not slip and did not make me feel like it was going to do something unpredictable. For daily driving, I've found that the car soaks up potholes fairly well (I do try to avoid them) and it is comfortable enough on long trips. There is a lot wind noise. I'm not sure if it is only to my car, but I do have problems with smooth acceleration from complete stops, and there is a lag in gear shifts (from R to D) before there is response from the car. I don't like the virtual gear shifts, and it's occurrence during normal driving only highlights how unnecessary the feature is on a vehicle equipped with a CVT. Braking and cornering isn't especially confidence inspiring either. My legacy leans quite a bit in corners, and take considerable pedal effort to bring the vehicle to a halt (from 50 mph). However, the trunk is spacious as is the cabin. It makes good power, and gets very reasonable fuel economy for an AWD vehicle. The cabin is solid and the pieces fit together well. I like the overall styling of the vehicle, it is very mature, handsome, and will age will over time. The engine bay (on the 4cyl model) is very roomy, and the oil filter is located right at the top of the engine. It makes it very convenient for future service needs."

First Subaru

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Great value for money, All wheel drive"

Cons: "Didn't have push button start - no biggie"

"Haven't driven it much (just bought it yesterday) but did a lot of research. It appeared to me to be the best value for money and most critical was it's safety rating being the highest. I got the Eyesight system (pretty cool - pre-collision braking, lane departure, adaptive cruise control) + Navigation (pretty neat - messages are also displayed near the speedometer so you don't have to look away) + Rear cross traffic and blindspot monitoring. Do your research (build a car to your specifications on the subaru website to understand what your options are) and test-drive it. Consumer reports just released their review and it's rated very high. For pricing, ask for internet prices from various dealers."

Love the safety aspects

By on Friday, May 15, 2015

Pros: "Hard to find a better sedan for the money"

Cons: "Smart cruise can only adjust at 5MPH increments"

"Legacy is cosmetically attractive inside and out. Four cylinder gas mileage is outstanding. Inside materials are ascetically pleasing which contributes to a quiet and comfortable driving experience."

Traded an Accord for a Legacy?.... YES!!!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Upgrades, AWD, CVT as good or better than Honda"

Cons: "No grab handle to shut trunk lid"

"After 20 yr's owning multiple Jeep's, the fuel cost of owning finally drove us away from the brand. The women in my family feel AWD is a must, in '10 (gas $4gal) I relunctantly helped my daughter (100 mile daily commute) buy a new Subaru Legacy 2.5i because of the 28 mpg. To our amazement she has averaged 33mpg. The car has been trouble free (180,000 miles, 2 sets/tires & 1 Brake job). My wife was so impressed that we purchased a '12 Legacy for her (48K Trouble free miles).After enduring a snowy winter in a '13 Accord, I decided I needed AWD again. Seeing and test driving the re-designed '15 Legacy, I quickly decided to trade my Accord. WOW!!!!!, CVT as good or better than the Honda, 33mpg,Upgraded interior and infotainment. It was a NO BRAINER to buy another Legacy.Upgraded to a "Loaded" Limited 2.5 for under $28,500. If you are thinking of buying a car in this catagory (ie; Accord, Camry etc.) do yourself a favor and at least test drive the new '15 Legacy. You won't be disappointed!"

Excellent AWD Sedan

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Drive, Transmission, Technology, and AWD"

Cons: "Maybe a turbo 4 cylinder?"

"This is a great vehicle. I drove to Honda, title of my old car in hand, ready to purchase an Accord. Drove the Accord and it was a bit underwhelming. So, at the last minute, I decided to take a drive over to Subaru and try out the 2.5 Limited. Beautiful ride, smooth transmission, and tons of technology. Purchased it on the spot. AWD is a very nice piece of mind. I can say it felt more stable and secure than the Honda. The 4 is good, but I'm sure the V6 is way faster. I find I spend more time playing with the tech, than worrying how fast I can go from 0-60...and a great reason to get eyesight! Overall, I am very pleased with the Legacy."