2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,603 - $20,393.

10/7.0

Based on 244 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Best car I've ever owned!!!

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Seat comfort, ride quality, interior, power,"

"I got my Legacy slightly used with only 4200 miles on it. I think this is the best car I've ever owned!!! I couldn't be happier with my decision. The interior is beautiful with the black leather and the seats are extremely comfortable. The ride is smooth and quiet and the power is amazing. The engine shifts through gears so smooth you don't even notice unless you keep an eye on the RPM's. If you even have a hint of buying this car, please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!! This is the best mid sized car out there, believe me, I looked around. Now, I actually look forward to going to work so I can drive my Legacy!"

Tough not to buy another when the time comes

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Car compares well to others that cost $10K more."

Cons: "HVAC controls need simplification - not intuitive."

"So many cars; so little time. I've owned many different brands but the Legacy might be the one I stick with. Mine is a 2010, 76K, and adding 2K per month. Symetrical AWD is tops -- always on, no doubts about grip. I average 32mpg on summer blends and 29+ on winter blends. Large, comfortable, fairly quiet inside at speed and definitely reliable. Only non-routine service points have been headlight bulb replacements. They are owner-serviceable but it's well worth the few bucks the dealer charges. My OEM tires lasted 65K before I replaced them -- unbelieveable. CVT with paddles is sufficiently engaging. No race car, but I get a lot out of the combination when I want to play. Really nice build quality and quite decent interior materials. Overall styling could be better but that is subjective. No hesitation to take clients and customers out in this car. The car always elicits compliments."

Best Car in its Class

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "safe, stylish, semi aggressive look, AWD, roomy"

Cons: "could get better gas mileage"

"Over the last 25 years I've owned Toyota, Honda Hyundai Mazda all economy commuting cars. The Subaru Legacy is by far the best Quality car I've owned out of all of these. My 1st Subaru and it is such a pleasure to drive. The styling, the safety the frame, the AWD, the Boxer, the traction control system, the attention to details the details the details. I comparison shopped for 3 months compared the Accord the Camry the Mazda 3 the Mitsubishi and Subaru. For the slight difference in prices Subaru beats them all and what a ride it gives, no other cars feels like this Subaru. I feel very very safe in this car its not a tin can very thoughtfully designed with adequate power in every gear. I cant say enough about this car except I think it is a very smart and wise choice. I drive 150 almost all highway miles every day in every weather and wow I feel secured to the road and go in style."

Enjoyable Every Day

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, nice handling and road feel"

Cons: "A little sensitive to strong winds"

"I got my first Subaru in 1978. One of the first front wheel drive cars around and I loved driving it (in the snow, especially). Then, I inherited my dad's 97 legacy wagon and got tired of it at 230k. I must say, this 2013 is not my father's Subaru. It's the nicest iteration of the line to date. Subaru's drive train and engine here is fantastic. Handling is precise and quick, car is glued to road. High winds can push the car around a bit but not scary. (My Mazda 6 does better in high wind situations). Subaru listened to customers like me and made many of the improvements we've been asking for. Better and bigger seats, more rear leg room, nicer handling, improve stereo.They did it all. I have the Premium cvt for 8 months . Great family car too. We have 4 cars (3 Mazdas). I like all of them but the Subaru really shines and the mileage is very good for an awd. Average 26mpg in mostly local driving. Highway does very well if you don't speed but the car loves to move so it's hard to resist those 75 to 80 mph jaunts. It seems like there is a disconnect between the consumers that own this and the "professional reviewers". Many of them don't seem to "get it". They don't understand the level of quality Subaru builds into these cars and they get better with age. I agree with the consumer reviews as opposed to some of the pro reviews by people who barely drove the car."

Great ride nice looking

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "good value"

"I truly think this is a safe reliable vehicle handles well in rough weather looks great and added creature comforts"

Gotta love this Subaru!

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Luxury features and great handling"

Cons: "Wish it sat up a little higher."

"I chose this as my first ever brand new car, purchased in January 2010. It is the perfect combination of luxury and reliability. Living in upstate New York, having AWD was an important consideration for me. Having all the "bells and whistles" - every available option - sealed the deal for me - and I use every one of them! My favorites include the navigation system, Bluetooth phone, heated leather seats. Even the back seats are roomy and comfortable. We just took our second road trip of the summer, and this car handles like a dream. Great acceleration on the highway and good gas mileage for a six cylinder. Average mpg for me is 21 mpg in good weather, drops slightly in winter driving. Highway mpg on our last trip reached 28! Since we also own a 2005 Subaru Outback, LL Bean edition, our next car will probably be another Subaru!"

you don,t need an Outback, sedan is better

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Great price and adaptable to bike racks"

Cons: "Small trunk lid"

"Allways bought outbacks because of roof racks, but the 2012 outbacks are too darn high to put my bikes on the rack. The Outback swing away crossbars are no good, they rattle and extender crossbars cannot be used. At a recent bike race in Colorado, most Outbacks removed the swing bars and added adaptors to mount better crossbars. The standard optional sedan cross bars are fantastic. They are very solid and are about 10" lower then Outback bars. They are very quiet when driving at 65 mph. The back seat has lots of room to change into bike shoes or ski boots. Skis fit with back seat down. The sedan is basically same car as outback and less expensive. Best car I every had, handling is very good and it serves my sporting needs. Look into this vs the more expensive Outback."

Driving Perfection

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "AWD, value, reliability"

Cons: "Put dual exhaust on the 4-cylinder Legacy's again."

"After numerous new cars, this will be the one that sits in my driveway for a very long time. The value of getting an AWD Legacy loaded with options right under 30K, getting over 30 mpg combined city/highway rivals any other vehicle in this class. The handling and stability when driving in sunshine, rain or snow/ice is superior to any other vehicle, bar none. In the market for a new car, go see your Subaru dealer and take a test drive. I guarantee, with little exception, you will drive away with the Subaru."

Very comfortable drivers seat

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, handling, many cup holders, bluetooth"

Cons: "Speakers rattle"

"My 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium handles so well in all weather, including rain, slush, and snow. The driver's seat is very comfortable. I drive about 1,000 miles per week, and other cars made my back hurt, but not this Subaru. I feel great! The kids (teenagers) even say the back seat is comfortable. The only things I wish for are faster automatic acceleration and better speakers. Maybe I'll get that with the 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium I just ordered. LOVE this car."

Very good and dependable 38K use 80% for business

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "runs great"

Cons: "engine loud and metalic sounding"

"Boomer still working... owned 50 cars over 45 year. a basic small sedan price right and built well. 2011 AWD does exacgtly what I want and expected. Only second Subie still have my 2009 Tribeca."

It's a Subaru

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Style, safety, reliability, durability, resale"

"This is my 3rd Subaru. The Symetrical AWD is far and above superior to anything on the road. It handles well in all weather conditions and gives a great feel for the road. The CVT is very smooth. The 2.5l boxer engine provides more than adequate power. It is not going to win a lot of races, but being able to get over 30 mpg in an AWD more than makes up for that. I consistantly get around 38mpg on the highway.(Cruise set on 80) I agree with some of the other reviewers out there. If you drive it you will buy it. Good job Subaru."

Love it!

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"The ONLY things missing are folding side mirrors and signal lights on the driver and passenger sides of the car. Peppy, roomy, confortable, safe, reliable, fun, good looking!!"

Great all around car.

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"I bought this for my wife about a year ago. I drive a Acura Tl which is fast but no where as practical as this vehicle. Its great in the snow, gas milage is excelent, and rides alot smother than my Tl. We would definetly buy it again, my wife loves this car."

Legacy 2.5 ltd

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I shopped this car against the Accord and chose this. This car handles better and feels more agile and I love the new design; inside and out. The Accord felt big and ponderous. The 4 cyl in the Accord can't move that car and the V6 is almost 30k. I like the white pearl paint and the leather seems very high quality. The engine is plenty powerful for me. It's what I'd expect from a 4 cyl. Looking forward to winter driving."

Don't want to give it up - Purchasing at lease end

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Ride, Confidence of AWD, Reliability"

Cons: "Heater Controls not intuitive, some road noise"

"I have had this car 36 months now and it has been great. Smooth ride and solid handling make it one of the best cars I have owned. The AWD is outstanding in all winter conditions and a total asset living in northern Illinois with snow and ice. The ride is great though road noise is somewhat prominent. The heated seats (even when new) seem slow to heat up compared to other vehicles I have ridden in. The only caveat to this car is the heater controls being less than intuitive. They are located really low and I still find myself searching for buttons while trying to keep my attention on the road. Going off pictures I have seen of newer Legacy models I think Subaru has corrected this with better controls. I drove this car 120+ miles a day to commute for college and I couldn't ask for a better all-around car with the smooth ride and the confidence of the AWD in myriad weather conditions."

very nice auto

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "heated seats, comfortable seats, large trunk good"

"this is my 3rd Subaru Legacy and my 2010 is by far the best car I've owned. Very comfortable, easy driving and has many great options. I get better mileage than my previous Subarus."

Good Value

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Bought this car a few months back. A lot of bang for your buck. Fully loaded except the 3.6 motor. 2.5 gets better mileage. The AWD is great. The seats are comfortable. Handling and braking very good. The only items this car needs are full up"

Great Value

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"Does a great job in the snow. I have a 30 mile drive to work and I get about 30 miles to the gallon. Lots of room and a nice ride. The only two faults are that it has the worst rear defrost ever. Plus, the climate control has two temps, freeze and roast. If they would fix this the car would be almost perfect."

This car handle awsome

By on Saturday, October 04, 2008

"From the outside it looks like your average sedan, although not alot of people have heard of a legacy. I cannot even count how many people have asked me what kind of car "that is". With the AWD and the suspension the legacy has, the handling is something you just have to witness yourself. I have swirved from hitting a trash can, deer and most scary of of all, a small child who ran out in front of me. All of which I'm conviced I would have hit if I would have been driving any of my past cars."

Great Buy, Great Car

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Ive owned my 07 Legacy for a few months now. This is my second Legacy and fifth Subaru. This car is built and designed for the long haul. The car is quiet and refined, yet sprightly and agile for a four door midsize with a 4cyl. The engine is fantastic. The controls are all well designed. The seats are VERY comfortable, moreso than my Mercedes SUV and Mini Cooper were EASILY. I would DEFINITELY recommend Subaru and the Legacy to anyone looking for a great value and a long-lasting investment. My last Legacy went 250,000 miles!"

Best Value!

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"We bought the Limited Edition Spec B. in Jan of 2006, having owned a 2004 legacy. Boy, were we in for a surprise! This car is AWESOME! We live in the mountains, and this baby zips up and down the hills like it's nothing. We did put snow tires on it, but that's it. It's luxurious and more fun to drive than some BMWs! Highly, highly recommended."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have had my 06 Legacy sedan 2.5i Ltd for a year and a half, and I love it. It has been the best car I have ever owned (previous car was an 03 Corolla - cheap!). For not being turbo (I would if I didn't have such a long commute!) it has good power, I LOVE the AWD and 'winter/heat package' - especially for the winter - it has never had any problems, and gets great gas mileage (avg is 32 mpg for me)! It's only downfall for me is the driver's seat does get uncomfortable for long drives (I have the leather seats). Other than that, it has been a wonderful car! I would definitely recommend this car!"

A fun car to drive!

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I recently purchased the Legacy Special edition wagon for my wife. What a fun car to drive. My wife traded an Infiniti 1-30 and was used to alot of power and luxury. This car won her over in days!"

Great Car, afterall its Subaru...

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"A great car for the prize ur paying. I can confidently recommend it to anyone. But this rose come with few thorns. The Cons being, little less power, but good torque. Very less rear legroom but very spacious in the front. Other than these i found it to be very good. Not many people have a legacy so you can be sure that u'll catching few curious looks..."

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"This is my second legacy GT and overall it's awesome. I only have two concerns - the interior fabric is not wearing well but I will get it replaced before my warranty expires. Also, the top of the roof is not designed properly - when you put your window down in the rain the rain runs from the "gutter" on the roof right into the front seat. I know most people don't put their windows down in the rain but sometimes you go to a drive-thru that doesn't have an awning by the window. Other than that I would definitely by another one. I do expect to have this one for a long time."