2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,828 - $20,506.

10/7.0

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

wasnt my first choice but i love it!

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, lots of room, big trunk"

Cons: "dislike the dash display, hate the bluetooth thing"

"I was looking for a newer car that was great on gas. I found this car at a local dealership and to be honest it wasnt my first choice. But Im glad I got it! Its great on gas! I know the reviews say 18city/27hwy But I get around 34 on the hwy which is great compared to what I was driving. Now I read some other reviews on the car about the interior not having enough room. I think there is pleanty of room especially in the back seat for car seats. The trunk is huge and the front seats are fine. (now Im only 5'4" so im kinda short) Overall I like the car its good on gas and looks good too."

The drivers seat is shear agony to sit in

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficiency, great in snow"

Cons: "absent driver seat ergonomics, land-barge handling"

"I'm a tall guy. I fit in the drivers seat but it is shear agony to put in the usual 2+ hours of driving I do per day. There is no support in the seats. In addition, there is a distinct angle to the seats,and this forces me into the worst posture imaginable... since the seats sit so low in the car, that my legs are splayed out to the side and I cant use them to help me use proper posture. Simple things like trying to turn my head to back up kills my back and neck, and I live in almost non-stop back spasm from the poor posture these seats force me into. I've rented several cars from other makers and they not give me this problem. In addition, the rounded contours of the the car make it difficult to see exactly where the edges of the car are. Makes it near impossible to park in busy and cramped city streets. Oddly, my old Forester was much more agile than this land barge, although those seats were murder too. I cannot wait to get rid of this car. Sad to say that as much as I love the way Subies drive, and love their overall reliability, I may well have to switch to another maker with better built seats and driver comfort features."

Great Car.Lousy Tires.Suspension a bit too stiff

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "visibility, AWD, comfortable seats, handling"

Cons: "Horrible OEM tires, harsh ride"

"Love it overall BUT the OEM tires are hard as rocks..Bridgestone Turanza el400-02..terrible! My last Subaru had OEM Yokohamas...fabulous! Thinking of putting new tires on already..just for ride quality. 2013 revisions made stiffer suspension which may not be that bad if the tires had more give! Other than that, seats are awesome...good heating/AC...great handling/steering response..handsome looks overall. Great visibility!"

Cheapest yet comfortable AWD vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "AWD. great on regular gas. Harman Kardon sound."

Cons: "CVT lacks of performance on city driving."

"I owned this car since 43k miles. Great gas mileage and great comfortable car. Great in snow and rides like a dream. The CVT might feel rough on city driving but you can always use paddle shifters for faster shifts and it does work great. Over all, this is the limited trim 2.5i; Which comes with heated leather seats. Harman Kardon stereo which is phenomenon. There is a Harman Kardon Sub in the back along with 6 speakers. Limited trim comes with 18 inch premium wheels which looks great with this package. Once you drive an AWD, you can't drive any other FWD car. Great Handling of AWD put you in control in both Wet and dry roads. SIMPLY AMAZING! WORTH EVERY PENNY!"

Love the Legacy

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "performance, safety, all wheel drive, MPGs, space"

Cons: "Could use an extra cup holder in the back"

"We are a family of 5 and needed a Sedan that would fit all of us, including our teenagers. We chose the Legacy for several reasons including the interior legroom, all wheel drive, handling & safety rating and how much car we got for the price. Not to mention, this car is fun to drive but get's great gas mileage. We drove 900 miles to Florida on 2 tanks of gas. I will definitely buy this out from the lease or get a new one."

See if you qualify for