2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,586 - $19,266.

10/7.0

Based on 235 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

A very good car - not snobby, but a nice ride

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Performance, ride, purchase cost"

Cons: "Doors feel hollow. I dislike the Subaru logo"

"I traded in a 2006 Infiniti M35x for this Subaru Legacy. I loved my M35x but it was nearly 10 years old and had over 100K miles on it. I wanted to sell it while it still held resale value. Unfortunately I couldn't find a new comparable Infiniti M series for less than $35K, so I chose the Legacy Limited with the 6 cylinder engine. For about half the price of an Infinit M, it is a great ride... The 6 cylinder engine is quicker than the Infiniti's engine... just not as "stately" in ride. If money was not an object, both in gas and purchase price, I would probably be driving a new Infiniti M45. But since I am cursed to be middle-class until my last breath, I will make do with an excellent alternative - the Subaru Legacy Limited."

Great handling, lousy construction

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Sporty ride, spacious back seat, large trunk"

Cons: "Transmission dynamics and reliability"

"Great interior design, comfortable, practical, fast enough to be fun without being scary to drive, great handling in snow and bad weather conditions. Very good stereo (if you get the premium Harmann system). You can comfortably fit a baby and 2 adults in the back seat and fit a truckload of groceries in the trunk. The finishing details seem to have been done by a 5 year old though, fit and finish of the interior and sunroof is sub-par. Fuel economy is OK when driven conservatively, had to replace a windshield and side mirror after a -8 F deep freeze night because these shattered as soon as I turned the engine on, also the transmission after 15K miles because it just stopped shifting and started slipping bad. Service has been excellent though, I may have had the one in 1 million bad transmissions?"

Best car in the snow!

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "safe, weatherization package, gas mileage, & looks"

Cons: "NONE"

"I live in Hamburg, NY (south of Buffalo, NY) and we have had some crazy snow this year!!! On Friday there was a foot of snow on the road and the car was fantastic! I made it home safe, while other cars were stuck not in the ditch, but just stuck on the road! I am so fortunate to be able to afford such a safe and efficient car. If you can pay a little more for this car you will not regret it! This is my 3rd Subaru, my mom, sister, and husband all have Subaru and we will NEVER get another brand!"

Best new car I have ever bought.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "I'm bad, but love to pass other cars stuck in snow"

Cons: "Some sun glare on Data display."

"1st item: I do not understand why anyone would buy a 1/2 traction car when Subaru has 4 wheel drive on their cars. It not only is far superior in snow and ice, but is also better on dry, sandy, or bad roads as well.The braking is better as well as acceleration. My gasoline milage is consistently above 32-33 MPG. Absolutely no repairs in 30,000 miles. 2nd item: I love this car?"

UNLESS YOUR RICH, YOU CAN'T GET A BETTER CAR

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD!"

Cons: "NONE"

"THIS CAR BEATS ALL OTHER CAR MAKERS HANDS DOWN. THE ONLY THING YOU WILL FIND IN ANOTHER CAR WILL BE BETTER GAS MILAGE. BUT THE DIFFERENCE ISN'T THAT MUCH. THIS CAR IS HAS ALL WHEEL DRIVE. YES OTHER CAR MAKERS DO TOO, BUT SUBURU INVENTED IT, AND HAS THE BEST ALL WHEEL DRIVE AVAILABLE. THIS CAR IS INCREDIBLE ON THE SNOW AND ICE. IT'S LIKE A TANK, AND GOES THROUGH EVERYTHING. IN THE WINTER, I ONLY DRIVE THE SUBURU. ALSO, THE BOXER ENGINE GOES U N D E R THE CAR IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISION. NOT THROUGH THE FRONT WINDSHIELD LIKE THE REST. THE WINDSHIELD ON THE SUBURU, IS MADE TO FLY A W A Y FROM YOU IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISION. THE DOORS ARE REINFORCED WITH 3 LAYERS OF STEEL, AND DESIGNED SO YOU D O N' T NEED THE JAWS OF LIFE TO GET YOU OUT. I'M NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT ALL THE AIR BAGS IT COMES WITH, EITHER. FRONT,SIDE, TOP, AND KNEE. THE REAR OF THE CAR IS COLLAPASIBLE UPON IMPACT, KEEPING YOU UNHARMED. YES, YOU CAN GET A CHEAPER CAR, BUT THIS ONE IS WORTH SPENDING A FEW MORE DOLLARS. IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT, YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF SURVIVING. WITH THE OTHER CARS YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF DYING. SUBURU DOESN'T FOOL AROUND. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, AND YOU WILL SEE THEY HAVE A VERY LOW DEATH/INJURY RATE FROM ACCIDENTS. THE OTHER CARS ARE J U N K COMPARED TO A SUBURU. I WENT TO ABOUT 10 DEALERSHIPS, AND WALKED OUT OF THEM ALL, BUT WHEN I WENT TO SUBURU, THEY GOT MY MONEY IN 15 MINUTES, ONCE I SAW HOW MUCH S U P E R I O R THIER CAR IS. I FORBID MY WIFE TO DRIVE A N Y T H I N G ELSE, AND WILL ONLY BUY SUBURU FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES. THANK GOD FOR SUBURU!!!! JOHN G. CT"