2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,866 - $19,533.

10/7.0

Based on 223 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Best car I've ever owned!!!

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Seat comfort, ride quality, interior, power,"

"I got my Legacy slightly used with only 4200 miles on it. I think this is the best car I've ever owned!!! I couldn't be happier with my decision. The interior is beautiful with the black leather and the seats are extremely comfortable. The ride is smooth and quiet and the power is amazing. The engine shifts through gears so smooth you don't even notice unless you keep an eye on the RPM's. If you even have a hint of buying this car, please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!! This is the best mid sized car out there, believe me, I looked around. Now, I actually look forward to going to work so I can drive my Legacy!"

Tough not to buy another when the time comes

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Car compares well to others that cost $10K more."

Cons: "HVAC controls need simplification - not intuitive."

"So many cars; so little time. I've owned many different brands but the Legacy might be the one I stick with. Mine is a 2010, 76K, and adding 2K per month. Symetrical AWD is tops -- always on, no doubts about grip. I average 32mpg on summer blends and 29+ on winter blends. Large, comfortable, fairly quiet inside at speed and definitely reliable. Only non-routine service points have been headlight bulb replacements. They are owner-serviceable but it's well worth the few bucks the dealer charges. My OEM tires lasted 65K before I replaced them -- unbelieveable. CVT with paddles is sufficiently engaging. No race car, but I get a lot out of the combination when I want to play. Really nice build quality and quite decent interior materials. Overall styling could be better but that is subjective. No hesitation to take clients and customers out in this car. The car always elicits compliments."

Best Car in its Class

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "safe, stylish, semi aggressive look, AWD, roomy"

Cons: "could get better gas mileage"

"Over the last 25 years I've owned Toyota, Honda Hyundai Mazda all economy commuting cars. The Subaru Legacy is by far the best Quality car I've owned out of all of these. My 1st Subaru and it is such a pleasure to drive. The styling, the safety the frame, the AWD, the Boxer, the traction control system, the attention to details the details the details. I comparison shopped for 3 months compared the Accord the Camry the Mazda 3 the Mitsubishi and Subaru. For the slight difference in prices Subaru beats them all and what a ride it gives, no other cars feels like this Subaru. I feel very very safe in this car its not a tin can very thoughtfully designed with adequate power in every gear. I cant say enough about this car except I think it is a very smart and wise choice. I drive 150 almost all highway miles every day in every weather and wow I feel secured to the road and go in style."

I want to like it...

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I traded in a 2002 VW Passat manual, so the AWD CVT Subaru Legacy Limited is quite a change. Its mileage is equal to the Passat. It has a pleasing interior (black leather), and attractive ruby red exterior. The paddles are good for quick downshifting to a stop. The engine and CVT produce enough power to meet my needs. It can bcome noisy under acceleration. The ride is comfortable, but inconsistant, with some bumps surprisingly jarring. It is sensitive to wind shear. It's good about town, but a little tiring to drive on a highway trip - it seems subject to "drift", so one has to pay attention. The jury's still out on this Subaru. A longer test drive might have led to a different choice. There is a lot to like about this car. Paddles, remote start, Bluetooth, interior, front end sheet metal, great paint job, headroom, comfortable seats, easy cruise control. Automatic headlights. Needing improvement: A little more work on the suspension. Crisper handling so highway driving is less of a chore. More sound-deadening for the engine compartment. A less tinny sounding trunk lid."

Does the Trick

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I have owned my 06 Legacy GT for over one year now. I bought it used with 19K and it is still running strong at 49K with multiple cross country trips. I perform my own maintenance with the car, and can safely say that "I know my car, inside and out." I purchased the car knowing that I would be living in Colorado, and needed an AWD vehicle to get me up to the mountains over snow and high elevations. With that in mind, I chose the legacy gt with knowledge that a turbo is more efficient at higher elevations, power-wise - and of course, AWD with winter tires would ensure my safety. It is now upgraded with a few performance extras, and I've never been happier - and I still have money in my pocket. I average 22-23mpg with both highway & city daily driving. Pros: -Everything about the car, minus the cons. -With a few small tweaks, even better power and handling can be had. -Basic maintenance is straight-forward and shown/taught in the manual. -The "Sleeper" effect is great. -5EAT transmission is always ready to have "fun" when you finally hit an empty road. -Subaru has posted "Service Bulletins" that can be acquired on the internet. These are common issues that are "gladly" replaced under warranty. Some of these issues are extended to 100,000 mile warranties. Cons: -See the last comment above. -The paint is extremely soft, after a year in harsh weather, my front bumper is "sandblasted" pretty bad. -The stock tires, Potenza RE-92's, are a horrible tire to match the power of the car - the first thing you should do is change them. -The OEM windshield is poor quality. I've been through 3 of them this year. -You cannot fold down the rear seats of the sedan. (You can in the wagon.) -A transmission cooler should be added to the 5EAT (auto) transmission - ESPECIALLY if you plan to tow with your car. (You can purchase one for about $50.) Hopefully, this helps someone. The car all-around is a blast. It's safe, and fun to drive. With a couple extra dollars, it will outrun anything going up to the mountains. And one last thing for all, !!DO NOT TOW THE CAR UNLESS ALL WHEELS ARE OFF THE GROUND!! (I Suggest getting a small sticker to put near your VIN that says the same.)"