2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,576 - $19,331.

10/7.0

Based on 243 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Best car I've ever owned!!!

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "Seat comfort, ride quality, interior, power,"

"I got my Legacy slightly used with only 4200 miles on it. I think this is the best car I've ever owned!!! I couldn't be happier with my decision. The interior is beautiful with the black leather and the seats are extremely comfortable. The ride is smooth and quiet and the power is amazing. The engine shifts through gears so smooth you don't even notice unless you keep an eye on the RPM's. If you even have a hint of buying this car, please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!! This is the best mid sized car out there, believe me, I looked around. Now, I actually look forward to going to work so I can drive my Legacy!"

Tough not to buy another when the time comes

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Car compares well to others that cost $10K more."

Cons: "HVAC controls need simplification - not intuitive."

"So many cars; so little time. I've owned many different brands but the Legacy might be the one I stick with. Mine is a 2010, 76K, and adding 2K per month. Symetrical AWD is tops -- always on, no doubts about grip. I average 32mpg on summer blends and 29+ on winter blends. Large, comfortable, fairly quiet inside at speed and definitely reliable. Only non-routine service points have been headlight bulb replacements. They are owner-serviceable but it's well worth the few bucks the dealer charges. My OEM tires lasted 65K before I replaced them -- unbelieveable. CVT with paddles is sufficiently engaging. No race car, but I get a lot out of the combination when I want to play. Really nice build quality and quite decent interior materials. Overall styling could be better but that is subjective. No hesitation to take clients and customers out in this car. The car always elicits compliments."

Best Car in its Class

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "safe, stylish, semi aggressive look, AWD, roomy"

Cons: "could get better gas mileage"

"Over the last 25 years I've owned Toyota, Honda Hyundai Mazda all economy commuting cars. The Subaru Legacy is by far the best Quality car I've owned out of all of these. My 1st Subaru and it is such a pleasure to drive. The styling, the safety the frame, the AWD, the Boxer, the traction control system, the attention to details the details the details. I comparison shopped for 3 months compared the Accord the Camry the Mazda 3 the Mitsubishi and Subaru. For the slight difference in prices Subaru beats them all and what a ride it gives, no other cars feels like this Subaru. I feel very very safe in this car its not a tin can very thoughtfully designed with adequate power in every gear. I cant say enough about this car except I think it is a very smart and wise choice. I drive 150 almost all highway miles every day in every weather and wow I feel secured to the road and go in style."

Enjoyable Every Day

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, nice handling and road feel"

Cons: "A little sensitive to strong winds"

"I got my first Subaru in 1978. One of the first front wheel drive cars around and I loved driving it (in the snow, especially). Then, I inherited my dad's 97 legacy wagon and got tired of it at 230k. I must say, this 2013 is not my father's Subaru. It's the nicest iteration of the line to date. Subaru's drive train and engine here is fantastic. Handling is precise and quick, car is glued to road. High winds can push the car around a bit but not scary. (My Mazda 6 does better in high wind situations). Subaru listened to customers like me and made many of the improvements we've been asking for. Better and bigger seats, more rear leg room, nicer handling, improve stereo.They did it all. I have the Premium cvt for 8 months . Great family car too. We have 4 cars (3 Mazdas). I like all of them but the Subaru really shines and the mileage is very good for an awd. Average 26mpg in mostly local driving. Highway does very well if you don't speed but the car loves to move so it's hard to resist those 75 to 80 mph jaunts. It seems like there is a disconnect between the consumers that own this and the "professional reviewers". Many of them don't seem to "get it". They don't understand the level of quality Subaru builds into these cars and they get better with age. I agree with the consumer reviews as opposed to some of the pro reviews by people who barely drove the car."

Great ride nice looking

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "good value"

"I truly think this is a safe reliable vehicle handles well in rough weather looks great and added creature comforts"