2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,485 - $19,264.

10/7.0

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Best new car I have ever bought.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "I'm bad, but love to pass other cars stuck in snow"

Cons: "Some sun glare on Data display."

"1st item: I do not understand why anyone would buy a 1/2 traction car when Subaru has 4 wheel drive on their cars. It not only is far superior in snow and ice, but is also better on dry, sandy, or bad roads as well.The braking is better as well as acceleration. My gasoline milage is consistently above 32-33 MPG. Absolutely no repairs in 30,000 miles. 2nd item: I love this car?"

UNLESS YOUR RICH, YOU CAN'T GET A BETTER CAR

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD!"

Cons: "NONE"

"THIS CAR BEATS ALL OTHER CAR MAKERS HANDS DOWN. THE ONLY THING YOU WILL FIND IN ANOTHER CAR WILL BE BETTER GAS MILAGE. BUT THE DIFFERENCE ISN'T THAT MUCH. THIS CAR IS HAS ALL WHEEL DRIVE. YES OTHER CAR MAKERS DO TOO, BUT SUBURU INVENTED IT, AND HAS THE BEST ALL WHEEL DRIVE AVAILABLE. THIS CAR IS INCREDIBLE ON THE SNOW AND ICE. IT'S LIKE A TANK, AND GOES THROUGH EVERYTHING. IN THE WINTER, I ONLY DRIVE THE SUBURU. ALSO, THE BOXER ENGINE GOES U N D E R THE CAR IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISION. NOT THROUGH THE FRONT WINDSHIELD LIKE THE REST. THE WINDSHIELD ON THE SUBURU, IS MADE TO FLY A W A Y FROM YOU IN THE EVENT OF A COLLISION. THE DOORS ARE REINFORCED WITH 3 LAYERS OF STEEL, AND DESIGNED SO YOU D O N' T NEED THE JAWS OF LIFE TO GET YOU OUT. I'M NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT ALL THE AIR BAGS IT COMES WITH, EITHER. FRONT,SIDE, TOP, AND KNEE. THE REAR OF THE CAR IS COLLAPASIBLE UPON IMPACT, KEEPING YOU UNHARMED. YES, YOU CAN GET A CHEAPER CAR, BUT THIS ONE IS WORTH SPENDING A FEW MORE DOLLARS. IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT, YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF SURVIVING. WITH THE OTHER CARS YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF DYING. SUBURU DOESN'T FOOL AROUND. CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, AND YOU WILL SEE THEY HAVE A VERY LOW DEATH/INJURY RATE FROM ACCIDENTS. THE OTHER CARS ARE J U N K COMPARED TO A SUBURU. I WENT TO ABOUT 10 DEALERSHIPS, AND WALKED OUT OF THEM ALL, BUT WHEN I WENT TO SUBURU, THEY GOT MY MONEY IN 15 MINUTES, ONCE I SAW HOW MUCH S U P E R I O R THIER CAR IS. I FORBID MY WIFE TO DRIVE A N Y T H I N G ELSE, AND WILL ONLY BUY SUBURU FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES. THANK GOD FOR SUBURU!!!! JOHN G. CT"

4 subaru family

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful on the outside, all wheel drive"

Cons: "Poor gas milage, interior not wearing well"

"Original owners. The outside has very nice styling. Wish it had better gas milage and better interior quality. With only 75,000 miles...very disappointed with Subaru’s interior. Quality of fabrics and carpet are poor. Husband wore a hole in the carpet at the gas peddle. Seats are showing wear and there is NO stain resistance. Light colored interior shows dirt and its hard to clean. I’ve been driving a Toyota prius for 6 years with double the miles and it still looks new...compared to this car looking like we need seat covers as constant attempts to clean spots leaves water marks and stains. I inherited this from my husband and am totally disappointed with the the condition at half the miles of my Prius especially since I am much more of a slob then him. For a car only 3 years old it should be in much better shape. Goal is to pay this off...park in the drive for winter and go buy another Prius. Subaru needs to improve the quality of their interiors."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

"Love the awd and mpg, Perfect Colorado snowy weather car!"

Good car with AWD

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive, safe"

Cons: "GPS is disfunctional, Consumes engine oil"

"Our Subaru Legacy is a good car, but has some quirks that may drive some people crazy. Quirk #1 is the archaic GPS system. It is standard with the exceptional Eyesight system. In the first year of ownership it prevented one accident when I accelerated at a green stoplight. A car ran the red light and into the intersection. I stopped in time as the car warned me and started stopping it before I could hit the brake - and I missed the car by inches. The car next to me was not as lucky as they took the full force head on (no Eyesight) as they could not stop in time. We looked but this person sped around a blind corner so fast there was no way to see him in time. Eyesight saved me costly repairs on a six month old car. However, the GPS system is horrible to use and inpossible to make work correctly. We struggle with it to get where we want to go. Quirk #2: Engine oil. Our H6 engine does leak oil, but it showing signs of consuming oil from the start of ownership. We tend to need to add a quart of oil between oil changes. Not a good thing at all. This may be fixed by the dealership but we are not holding our breath on that."

best vehicle ever ,owned, I am79yr.old

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

"this Subaru is the limited legacy,fully equip, even puddle lights. Nav. back up cameria tow hitch, I have ordered around $1,000 worth of extra things, car is garage kept,deetailed everyweek looks brand NEW, reason for selling buying new Subaru SUV we really LOVE this car and was blessed to never had a problem with it. Thanks and may God bless who ever buys this Subaru."

Best vehicle i've ever owned. Subaru all the way!!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great sound, safety"

Cons: "avg. gas milage, more Hp!!"

"Bought my 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited used last year (2013) and it has been an amazing car so far. I have never had an issue with anything. It has had all scheduled maintenance completed only at my local Subaru dealership. Drive terrain is impeccable and very much comparable to other sedans that i have driven in the past. My favorite thing about it is the comfortable heated seats that make long trips and memories just wonderful. I have added things to it like factory installed XM satellite radio, puddle lights (snake lights), and wind deflectors. My Subaru legacy has never left me stranded and has lots and lots of miles ahead of it! Being a little biased, but you seriously can't go wrong with a Subaru. Here in the south, there isn't much use for the standard AWD but it does keep us safe in bad weather, PERIOD. I will never buy another brand again. Subaru customer for life."

I love this, my fifth, Subaru!

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

Pros: "My son-in-law has always raved about this car!"

Cons: "Supports at windshield edge are thick."

"I named my 2010 Subaru "Thor" because it was the year of a styling change and Thor looked pretty fierce. I cannot remember having a problem of any kind with this car and I always feel safe and comfortable in it. I might just keep it, but there is always an economic aspect so I need to consider whether I should leap to a 2015. Love. It's a Subaru. For sure."

Great mileage, excellent in bad weather

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Great value, great handling car."

Cons: "Needs better road noise insulating quaIities."

"Easy handling car, excellent in bad weather, great MPG."

GREAT CAR !!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Everything !!"

Cons: "Mileage"

"Love this Legacy.. My 2nd one.."

wasnt my first choice but i love it!

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "great on gas, lots of room, big trunk"

Cons: "dislike the dash display, hate the bluetooth thing"

"I was looking for a newer car that was great on gas. I found this car at a local dealership and to be honest it wasnt my first choice. But Im glad I got it! Its great on gas! I know the reviews say 18city/27hwy But I get around 34 on the hwy which is great compared to what I was driving. Now I read some other reviews on the car about the interior not having enough room. I think there is pleanty of room especially in the back seat for car seats. The trunk is huge and the front seats are fine. (now Im only 5'4" so im kinda short) Overall I like the car its good on gas and looks good too."

Great Car.Lousy Tires.Suspension a bit too stiff

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "visibility, AWD, comfortable seats, handling"

Cons: "Horrible OEM tires, harsh ride"

"Love it overall BUT the OEM tires are hard as rocks..Bridgestone Turanza el400-02..terrible! My last Subaru had OEM Yokohamas...fabulous! Thinking of putting new tires on already..just for ride quality. 2013 revisions made stiffer suspension which may not be that bad if the tires had more give! Other than that, seats are awesome...good heating/AC...great handling/steering response..handsome looks overall. Great visibility!"

Cheapest yet comfortable AWD vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "AWD. great on regular gas. Harman Kardon sound."

Cons: "CVT lacks of performance on city driving."

"I owned this car since 43k miles. Great gas mileage and great comfortable car. Great in snow and rides like a dream. The CVT might feel rough on city driving but you can always use paddle shifters for faster shifts and it does work great. Over all, this is the limited trim 2.5i; Which comes with heated leather seats. Harman Kardon stereo which is phenomenon. There is a Harman Kardon Sub in the back along with 6 speakers. Limited trim comes with 18 inch premium wheels which looks great with this package. Once you drive an AWD, you can't drive any other FWD car. Great Handling of AWD put you in control in both Wet and dry roads. SIMPLY AMAZING! WORTH EVERY PENNY!"

Love the Legacy

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "performance, safety, all wheel drive, MPGs, space"

Cons: "Could use an extra cup holder in the back"

"We are a family of 5 and needed a Sedan that would fit all of us, including our teenagers. We chose the Legacy for several reasons including the interior legroom, all wheel drive, handling & safety rating and how much car we got for the price. Not to mention, this car is fun to drive but get's great gas mileage. We drove 900 miles to Florida on 2 tanks of gas. I will definitely buy this out from the lease or get a new one."

A great value for a very reliable/comfortable car

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Solid, feels "planted", good highway cruiser"

Cons: "Subaru sound systems not the best"

"Just turned in a 2011 Premium lease 31,000 miles wihout a hiccup - just a headlamp replaced free under warranty. It was a very comfortable car for trips, and if you stayed around 60 mph, would get 35 mpg. Freeway cruising was always 30+. About the only brand that offers heated seats in cloth - leather is a bother in the winter/summer, and slippery in most cars. Just took delivery on a 2014 Premium lease. This is a much tighter car, handles sharper, transmission much improved, seats more supportive. It seems like a big upgrade for only $10/month more than the 2011. Lease deal good - waived disposition fee and first payment on Subaru. Liked the 2011 Legacy so much, bought an Impreza Sport last fall - nice car for around town,great in the snow, but the Legacy is definitely built for the highway."

Really like! Feels so solid on road.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Pass every 1/2 traction car in snow. Very solid."

Cons: "Lighting center dash display"

"Love this car. Worry free, no trouble in 31k miles. Feels so solid, unlike other mid-sized cars that feel tinney, noisy and flimsy. Drove 4 others before buying this Subaru. All were best sellers. Question? Why would anyone buy a 1/2 traction vehicle when you can get a full time all wheel drive for less money? Even on wet or dry pavement it feels more secure than a 2 wheel drive. On snow there is no contest! get a consistent 32-34 MPG on every tank. The only thing I don't like is the lighting on the center dash info display. It's difficult to read when the sun is out. Otherwise I highly recommend."

This is one of the best cars I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"It drives great - low maintenance - I can go anywhere in any weather! Never even slid in the snow. I leased this vehicle and am going to look at either keeping it or going for a new lease. For Toyota and Honda fans - they need to take a look at this car. I think they would be impressed."

Driving Perfection

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "AWD, value, reliability"

Cons: "Put dual exhaust on the 4-cylinder Legacy's again."

"After numerous new cars, this will be the one that sits in my driveway for a very long time. The value of getting an AWD Legacy loaded with options right under 30K, getting over 30 mpg combined city/highway rivals any other vehicle in this class. The handling and stability when driving in sunshine, rain or snow/ice is superior to any other vehicle, bar none. In the market for a new car, go see your Subaru dealer and take a test drive. I guarantee, with little exception, you will drive away with the Subaru."

needs better suspension

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "safety and dependability. sporty"

Cons: "rough on bumpy roads.....expensive satellite radio"

"I feel the road bumps more than I expected. I hear the 2014 has improved on this . Light Colored fabric seats get dirty quickly. I often have to get interior detailed. Plan on putting on seat covers. Listing on car said satellite "ready"....service dept quoted over $400 to install satellite radio. For my other non Subaru vehicles the satellite costs less than $50 and way less than $400 to install. To get off Subaru satellite installed other places said I would have to replace my Subaru radio first??!! Car sits too low..bottom panels on front and rear and sides of car frame catch on everything. Car handles really well on curves..very responsive steering. handles like a sports car. I get 25.5 mpg on mixed city and lesser amt of highway driving. My next car will probably be a Forester or Outback. Love the Subaru safety and dependability ratings but I think I need to be in one of their vehicles that sits high and has better suspension."

good

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Cons: "not nearly as good on gas as advertised"

"w"

Very comfortable drivers seat

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, handling, many cup holders, bluetooth"

Cons: "Speakers rattle"

"My 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium handles so well in all weather, including rain, slush, and snow. The driver's seat is very comfortable. I drive about 1,000 miles per week, and other cars made my back hurt, but not this Subaru. I feel great! The kids (teenagers) even say the back seat is comfortable. The only things I wish for are faster automatic acceleration and better speakers. Maybe I'll get that with the 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium I just ordered. LOVE this car."

I love this car. Drives great in any conditions.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Drives great in any conditions, especially snow"

Cons: "power chargers don't work when ignition is off"

"I love this car. Drives great in any conditions, including snow and slush. Very comfortable interior. Great bluetooth phone and sound system. The only drawbacks are: power chargers don't work when ignition is off; and when in auto-transmission there is slight delay when you hit the accelerator. When using the manual paddle shifters it pops just fine."

Unreliable car

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "The cons overshadow any pros"

Cons: "Car randomly does not start"

"I bought a new 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4 Cyl, 2.5 L Automatic about 2 months ago. The car randomly does not start. Will crank but not start for about 20-30 minutes. This has happened three times so far at different times of the day, different temperatures, completely random. I drove it to the dealer the second time and they told me they contacted Subaru and others have had this issue. They did a "relearn" for the idle. I had it towed to the dealer the third time. They said it seemed like the engine was flooded and repeatedly asked me if I pressed the gas pedal while starting the car, which I did not. The service department is now denying that others have had this issue and are not finding any solutions. It's only a matter of time before I'm stranded by this car again. I bought a Subaru because I needed a reliable car...DISAPPOINTING."

Best car ever owned

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, full size car, awd"

"I went from a Prius to an AWD vehicle after moving back to the snow belt in 2011. I always dream t of having a subaru and decided to buy the legacy. I have absolutely no complaints. I am on the road a lot for work and this car gets 33-35 mpg easily; winter about 30mpg with winter tires. I am planning on driving this car to the ground with the mileage I put on it each year. However, subaru has sold me to be a buyer for life. My next vehicle will be either the outback or the forester. I would like a bigger vehicle. But that will happen in a few years."

Don't want to give it up - Purchasing at lease end

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Smooth Ride, Confidence of AWD, Reliability"

Cons: "Heater Controls not intuitive, some road noise"

"I have had this car 36 months now and it has been great. Smooth ride and solid handling make it one of the best cars I have owned. The AWD is outstanding in all winter conditions and a total asset living in northern Illinois with snow and ice. The ride is great though road noise is somewhat prominent. The heated seats (even when new) seem slow to heat up compared to other vehicles I have ridden in. The only caveat to this car is the heater controls being less than intuitive. They are located really low and I still find myself searching for buttons while trying to keep my attention on the road. Going off pictures I have seen of newer Legacy models I think Subaru has corrected this with better controls. I drove this car 120+ miles a day to commute for college and I couldn't ask for a better all-around car with the smooth ride and the confidence of the AWD in myriad weather conditions."