2008 Subaru Legacy

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

awesome Car!!

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

"Overall excellent car, just change oil ,brakes and tires plus scheduled maintenance for five years no problems. So far 100% reliable."

One of the most exciting cars I've ever owned

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Cons: "Stick shift not for older people in traffic."

"Very reliable and hysterically powerful, fast and sporty. Handles like it's on rails and can accelerate like a rocket ship. Very handsome style and beautiful color. A great ride."

reliable, comfortable, a good car

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "comfortable drive and ride"

Cons: "miss the hatchback, some blind spots"

"This is my third subaru, but my first sedan. The trunk is roomy and the back seats go down, but I cannot transport things like in my old smaller impreza. Other than that, I am very happy with this car...the ride, the size, the engine. I would love higher gas mileage, but love the 4 wheel drive. so its a trade off. My only complaint is that there are blind spots when I am making a left turn."

A trustworthy and reliable car

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Flawless technology"

Cons: "Therte isn't any."

Car is in covered garage, ready for inspection.

"I am the second owner of this car. I have been driving it for the past 3 years. I have not been stranded even once due to mechanical breakdown or any other problem during the entire period I own this vehicle. Fuel consumption is 20 mpg which is good for an 8 year old car. Driving comfort, in-cabin convenience is very good. The machine is superior Japanese technology. I am so happy with my Subaru Legacy that I am going to buy a new Subaru when I sell this one."

Car is in covered garage, ready for inspection.

Great Road Car

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, handling,"

Cons: "Wind and road noise"

"This vehicle handles like a sports car. It has a very low center of gravity. Gas mileage on the highway is usually between 28 and 30 mpg. The only gripe we have is the interior is a little noisier than we would like."

ALOT OF POWER FOR A 4BANGER

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "hard seat covers"

"Last year of the mechanical style of engineering, hard to find."

quality not same as previous Subarus owned

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "AWD, comfortable"

Cons: "quality,ergonomics (rear child seat anchor access)"

"I have 87000 miles on this Legacy sedan. Some of the repairs and issues that this car has had surprise me. I have had several Subarus over the years and have found that they are bomb proof. Not so with this one. I previously owned a 2005 Legacy wagon 60k, and had some issues with that as well. Both have had wheel bearings, brake issues, electrical, and other inconveniences. Most other Subarus I have had in the past had no issues until well after 100k miles. Don't know if this if it is just this generation of Legacy."

A small tank

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Handing, reliability, style"

Cons: "Road noise, sluggish suspension,"

"A very reliable carthat handles well in the snow. The handling is smooth though the chassis feels stiff(has its pros and cons). After 45k miles the suspension has become sloppy and the car feels a little sluggish. Lots of road noise too and not to great on MPG. Over-all I enjoy the car immensely though and would recommend this little tank to anyone. Drives a lot like a VW or Volvo."

Quick, fun and safe!

By on Sunday, September 07, 2014

"I have owned this car for one year. I love the sporty-ness of it as I have a slightly* heavy foot."

Awesome Car - Such Good Value

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value"

Cons: "Some minor electrical equipment not up to par"

"I don't know why they stopped making a turbo Legacy. The most fun you'll have driving for less than $40k. Very fast and tons of luxury features. The always on AWD gives amazing traction. I pass SUV's in the snow all the time. Has premium sound and heated seats with driver memory. Features that would cost an arm and a leg in a luxury brand vehicle. Rear seats fold down, arm rest pops up, navigation, steering wheel controls, windshield wiper heaters. I'm never selling it unless absolutely necessary. Great car, I love it."

Great Ride, Cool Looks, Runs Great

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Looks, speed, handling, power!"

Cons: "gas is expensive"

"Ipod upgrade, Subwoofer / Amp. Lowered 1 inch, great handling. Shift by hand or use automatic transmission. Sport mode as well. Limousine Tint all around, Black on Black. Body is in great shape, runs well, New turbo, new tires, all wheel drive. Leather, Moonroof, heated seats, lots of room with seats down. Looks sweet! Never run anything less than mid-grade gasoline, runs on synthetic oil. All records of repairs come with it, 2nd owner, was a florida car before it came to connecticut so finish is in good shape. garaged for the first 5 years of ownership."

Will be one of Subaru's best cars ever

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

"I own an Aston Martin Vantage.I am amazed how well my Subaru stacks up compared to the Aston in terms of handling and fun factor.A true bargain!"

Powerful Sleeper Station Wagon

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Power,Stealth,HaulingStorage,Comfort,SportsWagon"

Cons: "No Aux or USB port, premium gas only"

"Turbo Power (250+hp) 4 cyl with V6 Power, Comfort, Huge Sunroof, Quality Leather w/Dual Power & Heated Seats, Dual Climate Control, AWD (All Wheel Drive) goes into and out of ANY environment. 5 speed Manual (this model year only.) Will hold 34 bags of mulch and a house front door with the back latched. The vehicle has no clue it is a Station Wagon....it thinks it's a Sports Car"

Fun to Drive for low HP car

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great suspension and handling, awd"

Cons: "small backseats, low HP, MPG average aren't great"

"I picked up a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (Black)used about 3 weeks ago for a decent price around 12,500. The car's handling, suspension, and cornering ability are excellent. I test drove a 2014 Mazda 3 which had a ton of accolades and rewards for being fun to drive, and I can honestly say this car used was just as enjoyable. You can't expect the best MPG for an AWD car, but I'm averaging about 23 MPG (I do a mix of high way and city driving) which is about average for and AWD car. The horsepower won't blow you away, but it's adequate enough to pass people on the highway. The car is really smooth at even higher speeds (80mph+) and you won't feel the car shake or rumble. The cars body style is sporty. I love the 06-09 body styles, they stand out on the road and there aren't very many of them. The back seats are a little small, so if you plan on carrying bigger passengers around you may want to look elsewhere. The standard car speakers are crisp sounding even more crisp when I replaced the standard head unit with a new pioneer bluetooth compatible one. There are plenty of nice little storage compartments for items like sunglasses or your wallet, etc. To conclude, if you're looking for an older sportier sedan, and don't want to be one of the hundreds of thousands driving an accord or camry, this is definitely a very enjoyable ride."

piece of junk

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "very uncomfortable"

"bad head gasket,uses oil ,makes rattling noise"

Great driving car; fast and fun; very comfortable

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "a lot of car for the money; very reliable"

Cons: "a bit too noisy on the highway"

"A bit noisy on the highway."

Best of both worlds. Sporty family sedan.

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"This vehicle is great racing from the stop light or the All Wheel Drive is great commuting to work at 3 AM before the snow plows are out (winter in Wisconsin)."

Well rounded machine

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"PROS: The handling, steering, suspension, control, and AWD in this vehicle are phenomenal. The car responds like a sports car while on dry pavement and recovers like a rally car when driving on slippery surfaces. It absolutely dominates in the snow as the AWD truely is AWD and not computer reactive like systems found with other car manufacturers. In fact, the car does not have a computer that regulates driving in any way so you're free to drive as you wish and have fun without the brakes automatically engaging or stuff like that. Maintenece has been minimal (bought it with 9,000 miles and currently has 70,000 miles and in that time only oil changes + brakes have been needed) and the car shows no signs of deviating from that trend). The trunk is large, the driver's seat is comfortable, and even though I have the base model the car still has a sun room and auxiliary audio inlet. CONS: I wouldn't want to have to sit in the back seat. The AWD comes with a trade off and that is fuel economy; it's a 5 speed manual with a 4 cylinder engine yet gets only 26 mpg BEST on the highways. A 2 wheel drive car with those same traits would get 30+ mpg. Also, in deep, sticky snow the snow will accumulate in the wheel wells (small clearance between body and tires) and you'll have to clear it out regularly to prevent the car from shaking and having reduced handling). The interior quality overall feels a little cheap, but then again if that's something you value then this isn't the car for you."

fantastic car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more pwer but it gets up and goes"

"ive has my 2006 legacy since it was bran new 8 years now I have 98000miles on it and I just know I have another 100k out of her. this car runs amazing good gas milage and very safe and reliable"

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"Great on and off the road, weather conditions don't matter. You can do some serious G's around curves/corners."

Great College Car

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power from the turbo engine."

Cons: "Must use premium fuel"

"Purchased my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon with 103,000 miles. Did purchase extended warranty from CarMax,which covers up to 3 years and up to 150,000 miles. I took the car to my mechanic to have the timing belt / water pump changed as well as new spark plugs. I knew this would be needed when I purchased the car, so was not upset about that maintenance expense. Mechanic found some other issues, including leaking radiator, leaking power steering pump and a couple of other items. The CarMax extended warranty covered all, so now have everything operating properly. Car drives great, huge sunroof, loads of power with the turbo, stops great, beautiful leather interior. Radio does not have a plug for ipod, but purchased a wireless adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and operates as a bluetooth. It connects to the radio / iphone and works through the radio for phone calls, as well as you can stream your music or pandora to the radio. Brings it up to 2014 standards! Car for my college daughter, so glad it has all wheel drive, plenty of power, lots of cargo space and still has a tight body, no rattles! I recommend a Subaru for its all wheel drive, good driving dynamics and safety."

Do not buy!!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Great stereo"

Cons: "Engine sucks, and the transmission sluggish"

"79k and I need a head gasket job at $1800.00 Don't let anyone tell you Subaru fixed the head gasket issue from 2005 onward. It is a lie. A dealership admitted my issue is "pretty common." I expect such ridiculousness from a 1979 Chevy Chevette, not a 2006 Subaru Legacy Limited. I have had 2 Nissans that went over 250k without anything but regular maintenance, and a 1992 Camry that did just about everything better than this Subaru...and the Subaru is only impressive in winter if you run studded snows, otherwise my Camry with 4 studded snows was nearly as good. STAY AWAY FROM SUBARU...unless you like giving mechanics $2000.00. Other posts reveal engines seizing, etc. JUNK!!!"

Amazing daily, in any season!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Quick, fun, comfortable"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, no aux input"

"I've had this car for a little over a year now and nothing major for reliability issues. I had replaced the turbo at 90,000 because it is considered a regular wear and tear item and was recommended at the mileage it was at. Plenty of get up and go, and overall a very fun car to drive. The comfort is great, the suspension isn't too stiff, but still handles amazingly after 96,000 miles in every season. Just hugs the road in snowy conditions as well! Awesome sport sedan!"

Not as good in snow as I would like ,poor gas mile

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor radio reception poor ride"

"Poor radio dealer would not fix battery to small for car hard to start in cold had to replace brakes hard had to be cut this is my first and last Subaru"

Bought used heavy mileage 2006 legacy gt

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Leather, Turbo, Moonroof all must haves.."

Cons: "very very high maintenance."

"190,000 is a lot of miles for any car. I've only driven it 10k in the last year. Maintenance items include new turbo,valve cover gaskets, and now tracing down a possible head gasket. When this car is running, it is BRILLIANT! Highly recommend it for spirited driving, handling and economy. The best part is how it blends into to traffic, because it looks like almost every other car from Ford, Toyota Honda. I can afford to buy any car, this one keeps on getting fixed. For my household it is intended as a winter driver, since we both have sports cars, and high end luxury cars, and a 4X4 truck So the Legacy GT is meant to sacrifice in the salt, sand and urban environs. K"