2008 Subaru Legacy

Based on 283 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

I'm all out of love

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "All wheel drive, handles hazardous conditions well"

Cons: "tight interior, expensive to maintain"

"While I loved this car when first purchased, it seems to be nickel and diming me to death. Actually, it is more than nickel and diming me. There are several major repairs looming that I just would not have expected of a Subaru and I have made sure that regular maintenance was completed. I am told by my mechanic that while they are good cars, the issues I am having are typical of the brand. My wife drives an Accord with over 230K miles with none of the major issues I am experiencing. The car is fun to drive, but I don't think I would buy another Subaru, despite their great reputation. If you keep a car only a few years and you like the all wheel drive feature, then this car is for you. If you like to keep your cars till they drop then you may want to look at other brands."

Great, fun car

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "All wheel drive, high HP turbo 4"

Cons: "When the turbo spools up, gas mileage does down"

"What a surprise this car turned out to be. I bought this car, mid-year, 2011. I must say, it was an impulse purchase, but I had a new career, and decided to splurge. I was a police officer with about 2+ experience, and was used to driving fast car...if you consider a Ford Crown Vic fast. I had lights and a siren, and when I needed to go fast, I could. The only problem with this car was the all-wheel drive. I did get used to having it, and that caused me to get in a horrific car crash while I was working. I was responding to a call to back-up my partner, and lost control of my squad car on icy roads. Never would have happened in my Subaru. As a result of the car crash, I suffered a TBI, and was forced to medically retire 3 years post crash. Never would have happened in my Subaru. I am approaching the 4 year mark of owning the Subaru, and I am a changed man. My next car will most definitely be a Subaru. All wheel drive, 250 HP turbo charged 4 cylinder, and comfortable interior. Who could ask for more than that. It's always fun when you blow another car off the line. You can keep those torquey Mustangs and Camaros, I would rather be driving an all wheel drive, turbo charged 4 banger."

My favorite car to date

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Excellent handling, reliable"

Cons: "A bit cramped interior for taller people"

"This car has been the best car I have owned in the past 30 years (and there have been a number of them). The car's handling in all weather conditions, comfort and style all won me over. Having put on over 190,000 miles on it so far, it still runs perfectly. The only issue I have had is, with this many miles things are just starting to wear out. Reluctantly I will be parting with it soon, but definitely getting a new Legacy."

Love My Legacy

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Great Value"

"Have owned my 2009 Subaru Legacy since it was new. I love it and refuse to trade-in or get a newer car. Great in the snow and fun to drive. The moon roof is one of my favorite features."

awesome Car!!

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

"Overall excellent car, just change oil ,brakes and tires plus scheduled maintenance for five years no problems. So far 100% reliable."