2007 Subaru Legacy

Based on 268 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Do not buy!!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Great stereo"

Cons: "Engine sucks, and the transmission sluggish"

"79k and I need a head gasket job at $1800.00 Don't let anyone tell you Subaru fixed the head gasket issue from 2005 onward. It is a lie. A dealership admitted my issue is "pretty common." I expect such ridiculousness from a 1979 Chevy Chevette, not a 2006 Subaru Legacy Limited. I have had 2 Nissans that went over 250k without anything but regular maintenance, and a 1992 Camry that did just about everything better than this Subaru...and the Subaru is only impressive in winter if you run studded snows, otherwise my Camry with 4 studded snows was nearly as good. STAY AWAY FROM SUBARU...unless you like giving mechanics $2000.00. Other posts reveal engines seizing, etc. JUNK!!!"

Amazing daily, in any season!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Quick, fun, comfortable"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, no aux input"

"I've had this car for a little over a year now and nothing major for reliability issues. I had replaced the turbo at 90,000 because it is considered a regular wear and tear item and was recommended at the mileage it was at. Plenty of get up and go, and overall a very fun car to drive. The comfort is great, the suspension isn't too stiff, but still handles amazingly after 96,000 miles in every season. Just hugs the road in snowy conditions as well! Awesome sport sedan!"

Not as good in snow as I would like ,poor gas mile

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor radio reception poor ride"

"Poor radio dealer would not fix battery to small for car hard to start in cold had to replace brakes hard had to be cut this is my first and last Subaru"

Bought used heavy mileage 2006 legacy gt

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Leather, Turbo, Moonroof all must haves.."

Cons: "very very high maintenance."

"190,000 is a lot of miles for any car. I've only driven it 10k in the last year. Maintenance items include new turbo,valve cover gaskets, and now tracing down a possible head gasket. When this car is running, it is BRILLIANT! Highly recommend it for spirited driving, handling and economy. The best part is how it blends into to traffic, because it looks like almost every other car from Ford, Toyota Honda. I can afford to buy any car, this one keeps on getting fixed. For my household it is intended as a winter driver, since we both have sports cars, and high end luxury cars, and a 4X4 truck So the Legacy GT is meant to sacrifice in the salt, sand and urban environs. K"

amazing car

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "fast, fun to drive, reliable, utility, and awd"

Cons: "no sun roof, no factory AUX input"

"great car. have few mods done (ap, uppipe, dp, cbe, modded vb,intake, ic, and rear sway bar) and have not had any issues with the car. car looks great and the 5eat trans is reliable. car is stable in the snow. this car corners good but needs to be a little stiffer in my opinion. interior is good but have been in better, still its good for a 2005."