2006 Subaru Legacy

Based on 290 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

fastest car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "When the turbo kicks in WOW"

Cons: "road and tire noise"

"I've owned acura RSX type S, Legend coupes, Subaru SVX, Volvo 850 turbo. This car is a better handling faster car than all those before. The worst quality in the car is the road noise, but the speed and the turbo make me smile all the time. 110,000 mi. and all good."

love this car! it's solid and handles beautifully

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

"all wheel drive and a substantial feel make this car the best to drive in any weather or road conditions. it looks good. it's highly manuverable. i've driven it up and down steep mountain back roads as well as on flat lands. the first time I got behind the wheel to test drive it I was so impressed I knew i wanted to drive it home. Bought it new and haven't been disappointed. I get around 24 mpg around town, and have had very little expense other than regular maintenance."

Comfortable ride.

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"Very difficult to use with child car seat in center of rear seat. Not enough room if the driver or front seat passenger need to slide the seat back. Performance tires are very expensive to replace. The ride is comfortable and the all wheel drive handles well in snow."

2005-2009 Yes 2010 No

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "smiles per gallon, reliability."

Cons: "14 miles per gallon on premium fuel when racing"

"People buy this car because they want the handling and performance that can only come through Subaru’s boxer turbo four-cylinder and all-wheel-drive combination. There is a strong aftermarket community allowing an increase in Subaru performance only bound by the limits of your wallet. The Subaru powertrain will take years of abuse and even only then maybe start to burn oil. The Subaru Legacy GT from 2005 two 2009 really is a sports sedan only equivalent with cars $10,000 more in MSRP in price. Be prepared to pay at the pump. In utilizing this extra horsepower can yield is little as 14 miles per gallon in the city on premium. If however you are disciplined I've seen 31.5 miles per gallon in long trips in this car. This car is for those who do not want the flashy look of a sports car yet retain its power. It is possible to turn the Subaru Legacy GT into a sub 5 second rocketship. The smiles per gallon are tremendous in his vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. Sadly starting in 2010 Subaru change the spirit of this vehicle and from then onward is not the powerhouse it once was."

Our first Legacy was great, this one is not

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "AWD, not too expensive"

Cons: "poor interior design, poor engine and transmission"

"Car blew a rod at 55,000 miles. Even with all maintenance completed this car blew up. Check engine light never came on even after rod went. We bought this Subaru because our first lasted 10 years and was awsome this one is made cheaply and does not seem to be worth the price."