2004 Subaru Legacy

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I've had this 1998 since 2003. Five years and 60,000 miles with no major problems. I'm in Erie, PA (snow belt) and this car has never left me stranded. It is amazing! Two minor issues: brakes seem to need checked and changed more often than they should and cup holder is in front of radio and other controls. With only these two issues? The car is great!"

Good car for a fair price

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Easy repair, Sleek look, Well equiped"

Cons: "Not very fast"

"Reliable car that will get you from point a to b. sporty look for the price however lacking sport car performance when it comes to torque and horsepower. I recommend this car to anyone that wants a sleek look but isn't too concerned about how fast its quarter mile is."

2nd Best Subaru I have ever owned

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas mileage , fun to drive, fully loaded"

Cons: "no folding back seats,"

Obsidian Black with a slight Red tint.

"My 1st Subaru was a 1998 Legacy 5 Speed. It was a solid car and it had the hill holding clutch! Where has that gone? After a few years of driving different cars I found myself back where I started. This time I went with a rare 2004 Legacy 2.5GT 5 Speed Manual. This car has been solid since day 1. Started with 32k miles and about to trade it in with 99k miles. Just a few bumps in the road along the way, I think it was mostly my part, I drive my cars hard and at times, fast. The steering on the highway was a little loose and didn't take the corners tight like other cars I have owned before. The engine was really easy to maintain and my wife and I loved the sunroof, leather and heated seats. Some of the other minor issues I had was the pulley's for the idle and ac, easy fix. Also the tubing for the radiator fluid. Another easy inexpensive repairs. Replaced the rear brakes at 65k and the front at 85k. Another tip that made the car run better was I had all the fluids drained and went with higher end stuff, included synthetic oil and better heat resistant radiator fluid. My mechanic loved working on it. Most expensive fix in the 5 years I had it was 4 new tires and brakes. I would recommend this car for any highschool or college student. And also added a STS (Short Shifter)"

Obsidian Black with a slight Red tint.

Very good car, fun, quick and handles like a dream

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Reasonable price, fun, reliable and a good look."

Cons: "Not turbocharged :P"

"The Subaru Legacy has completely sold me on Subarus and I will most certainly be a returning customer of Subaru. The car is very fun and handles amazingly, for the price i paid i definitely got my worth out of it adding 60k miles and bringing it up to 140k the car had no issues whatsoever and I only needed to complete standard maintenence on it. I am already in the market for another legacy and am very excited to experience what a newer model can offer me."

Best Driver I have Owned

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Great all around driver"

Cons: "Price high"

"This has been a reliable and very fun to drive car. I have never owned a car with such pep and stability. I will by another subaru when that time comes but as it looks now it will not be for a while."