2002 Subaru Legacy

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

very safe

By on Sunday, December 6, 2009

"I had the pleasure of owning my 2004 Subaru Legacy Sedan for over 2 years. I had always wanted a Subaru, and am so glad I finally got to. In Oct. 2009 a vehicle turning left from the opposite direction of traffic, right infront of me on the highway. Despite my best effort to slam on the brakes, I t-boned the other driver at highway speeds. The impact was horrendous. All of the safety features performed exactly as they should and as a result my 4 year old son and I walked away from the crash. Unfortunately, and sadly, the car was totalled. I will own another Subaru Legacy as soon as I can! I firmly believe that car saved me and my son from more severe injuries, if not death!"

Smartest Buy I Ever Made

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"I bought this car at a time when I couldn't afford milk let alone a car with a car payment. Yet it has surprisingly been the best purchase I have ever made. Sometimes impulsive decisions do pan out! I've owned my subaru for almost 4 years. It has traveled across the nation many times, taken me on numerous adventures, but most of all is a safe and reliable for both my daughter and I. This car gets me to work every day, on time, through all kinds of ND weather. This car always starts. This car powers through snow drifts when other 4x4 trucks struggle..(yes that is true). If it's possible for a human to love their car, I do. Thanks Subaru."

Very nice car.

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I have owned the Legacy and the Legacy GT Limited. The Limited seems to use much more gas. I do understand the engine is a little bigger, but I still expected better gas mileage from a Subaru. The cup holder in the front may not break, but it is in a bad location. It covers a lot of the heat/air controls and also the CD player. Otherwise, I love it!"

Absolutely loved this car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great fun to drive"

Cons: "older car with fewer safety options than newer"

"This car has never gotten stuck in the snow, never failed to start, was fun to drive and always got noticed by other drivers on the road. Loved the two-tone styling. Very comfortable and easy to handle."

I am in love with my vehicle!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "just about everything is a pro with my car"

Cons: "the clips have come loose from the door panels"

"I have never loved any of my vehicles but I do LOVE my Subaru. I have had my Legacy for 8 years now and she is my baby. I had never owned a Subaru before this one and now I dont think that I could ever go with any other vehicle. I have driven and had a toyota, a honda, a ford and a Chevy, and nothing comes close to the reliability and quality of my Legacy. They do not make the Legacy in the wagon anymore but I wish they did. Then I would consider trading my car in for another. I have gotten calls from Subaru and Nissan, both wanting to buy my car from me, but they do not stand a chance at prying this car from my hands."

Smoothest Ride Ever

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "Suspension and handling. I won't buy another brand after having this Subaru."

Cons: "Things fall off in the interior. Nothing's designed to hold a woman's purse."

"I've had this car since 2003 and I love the ride. Very good lumbar support and the suspension is great! Very easy to handle. I've never had a mechanical problem. Small things fall off in the interior. Exterior showing some wear tho it's always been kept in a garage. Overall, I love this car."

2nd Best Subaru I have ever owned

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas mileage , fun to drive, fully loaded"

Cons: "no folding back seats,"

Obsidian Black with a slight Red tint.

"My 1st Subaru was a 1998 Legacy 5 Speed. It was a solid car and it had the hill holding clutch! Where has that gone? After a few years of driving different cars I found myself back where I started. This time I went with a rare 2004 Legacy 2.5GT 5 Speed Manual. This car has been solid since day 1. Started with 32k miles and about to trade it in with 99k miles. Just a few bumps in the road along the way, I think it was mostly my part, I drive my cars hard and at times, fast. The steering on the highway was a little loose and didn't take the corners tight like other cars I have owned before. The engine was really easy to maintain and my wife and I loved the sunroof, leather and heated seats. Some of the other minor issues I had was the pulley's for the idle and ac, easy fix. Also the tubing for the radiator fluid. Another easy inexpensive repairs. Replaced the rear brakes at 65k and the front at 85k. Another tip that made the car run better was I had all the fluids drained and went with higher end stuff, included synthetic oil and better heat resistant radiator fluid. My mechanic loved working on it. Most expensive fix in the 5 years I had it was 4 new tires and brakes. I would recommend this car for any highschool or college student. And also added a STS (Short Shifter)"

Obsidian Black with a slight Red tint.

best so far

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"i bought this car new. words cant discribe how much i love this car, this car will do everything and more to keep the driver happy. the looks,handling,and the inside of the car is luxury, but afordible for the working man. this car is the best car i've had."

Lovin the Legacy GT L

By on Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"It's not the fastest sedan on the road, but it's a whole lot of fun especially if you have the 5-speed. I'm a teenager so believe me, I take this car through its paces and it holds up extremely well. If you take good care of a Subaru, it'll take good care of you. It handles great, especially in the snow. I love this car and Subaru definitely has me hooked."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I've had this 1998 since 2003. Five years and 60,000 miles with no major problems. I'm in Erie, PA (snow belt) and this car has never left me stranded. It is amazing! Two minor issues: brakes seem to need checked and changed more often than they should and cup holder is in front of radio and other controls. With only these two issues? The car is great!"