2001 Subaru Legacy

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

very safe

By on Sunday, December 6, 2009

"I had the pleasure of owning my 2004 Subaru Legacy Sedan for over 2 years. I had always wanted a Subaru, and am so glad I finally got to. In Oct. 2009 a vehicle turning left from the opposite direction of traffic, right infront of me on the highway. Despite my best effort to slam on the brakes, I t-boned the other driver at highway speeds. The impact was horrendous. All of the safety features performed exactly as they should and as a result my 4 year old son and I walked away from the crash. Unfortunately, and sadly, the car was totalled. I will own another Subaru Legacy as soon as I can! I firmly believe that car saved me and my son from more severe injuries, if not death!"

Smartest Buy I Ever Made

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"I bought this car at a time when I couldn't afford milk let alone a car with a car payment. Yet it has surprisingly been the best purchase I have ever made. Sometimes impulsive decisions do pan out! I've owned my subaru for almost 4 years. It has traveled across the nation many times, taken me on numerous adventures, but most of all is a safe and reliable for both my daughter and I. This car gets me to work every day, on time, through all kinds of ND weather. This car always starts. This car powers through snow drifts when other 4x4 trucks struggle..(yes that is true). If it's possible for a human to love their car, I do. Thanks Subaru."

Very nice car.

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I have owned the Legacy and the Legacy GT Limited. The Limited seems to use much more gas. I do understand the engine is a little bigger, but I still expected better gas mileage from a Subaru. The cup holder in the front may not break, but it is in a bad location. It covers a lot of the heat/air controls and also the CD player. Otherwise, I love it!"

Absolutely loved this car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great fun to drive"

Cons: "older car with fewer safety options than newer"

"This car has never gotten stuck in the snow, never failed to start, was fun to drive and always got noticed by other drivers on the road. Loved the two-tone styling. Very comfortable and easy to handle."

I am in love with my vehicle!

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "just about everything is a pro with my car"

Cons: "the clips have come loose from the door panels"

"I have never loved any of my vehicles but I do LOVE my Subaru. I have had my Legacy for 8 years now and she is my baby. I had never owned a Subaru before this one and now I dont think that I could ever go with any other vehicle. I have driven and had a toyota, a honda, a ford and a Chevy, and nothing comes close to the reliability and quality of my Legacy. They do not make the Legacy in the wagon anymore but I wish they did. Then I would consider trading my car in for another. I have gotten calls from Subaru and Nissan, both wanting to buy my car from me, but they do not stand a chance at prying this car from my hands."