2001 Subaru Legacy

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Reliable, Safe, and a Joy to Drive

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "AWD, Good value, safety ratings"

Cons: "Fuel Economy could be better"

"I've owned this car for 12 years and it was well worth the sticker price. Didn't have any major maintenance issues and always felt safe driving it."

Will only buy a Subaru now....

By on Friday, August 06, 2010

"I bought my 2000 Subaru Legacy in 2002, and in the past 8 years, it's run like a champ! Anything needing updated or repaired has been general maintenance and minor. I know nothing about vehicle upkeep and it has run great for me year after year! I live in the snowbelt of western NY and we get pounded every winter, however, I can plow thru snow piles and always manuever effortlessly each year! Amazing and highly recommended!"

Smartest Buy I Ever Made

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I bought this car at a time when I couldn't afford milk let alone a car with a car payment. Yet it has surprisingly been the best purchase I have ever made. Sometimes impulsive decisions do pan out! I've owned my subaru for almost 4 years. It has traveled across the nation many times, taken me on numerous adventures, but most of all is a safe and reliable for both my daughter and I. This car gets me to work every day, on time, through all kinds of ND weather. This car always starts. This car powers through snow drifts when other 4x4 trucks struggle..(yes that is true). If it's possible for a human to love their car, I do. Thanks Subaru."

Very nice car.

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I have owned the Legacy and the Legacy GT Limited. The Limited seems to use much more gas. I do understand the engine is a little bigger, but I still expected better gas mileage from a Subaru. The cup holder in the front may not break, but it is in a bad location. It covers a lot of the heat/air controls and also the CD player. Otherwise, I love it!"

Smoothest Ride Ever

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Suspension and handling. I won't buy another brand after having this Subaru."

Cons: "Things fall off in the interior. Nothing's designed to hold a woman's purse."

"I've had this car since 2003 and I love the ride. Very good lumbar support and the suspension is great! Very easy to handle. I've never had a mechanical problem. Small things fall off in the interior. Exterior showing some wear tho it's always been kept in a garage. Overall, I love this car."