2000 Subaru Legacy

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

Very nice car.

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I have owned the Legacy and the Legacy GT Limited. The Limited seems to use much more gas. I do understand the engine is a little bigger, but I still expected better gas mileage from a Subaru. The cup holder in the front may not break, but it is in a bad location. It covers a lot of the heat/air controls and also the CD player. Otherwise, I love it!"

Smoothest Ride Ever

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Suspension and handling. I won't buy another brand after having this Subaru."

Cons: "Things fall off in the interior. Nothing's designed to hold a woman's purse."

"I've had this car since 2003 and I love the ride. Very good lumbar support and the suspension is great! Very easy to handle. I've never had a mechanical problem. Small things fall off in the interior. Exterior showing some wear tho it's always been kept in a garage. Overall, I love this car."

Love Subarus

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"This is the fourth Subaru we have owned over the past 20 years and they have all been good cars. With routine maintenance, I have confidence that they would keep going and going like the proverbial bunny! The biggest downside for me is the underpowered performance of the 4 cyl engine but it IS nice on the gas mileage, even with AWD. Handling is great and we drive with confidence in all weather conditions. We wouldn't hesitate to keep buying Subarus!"

money pit!

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"I have owned this Subaru legacy wagon since 2004 (2003 model). Was fine for the first few years--I drove it alot, but in So Cal, so no extreme conditions. The brakes needed replacing on a too-frequent basis, and a year and a half ago, the AC died, which I have yet to replace. Just a few days ago, the temp gauge went past red consistently, so I took it in, and was told it has a blown head gasket! So, now, at 86K miles, another $3000 to fix. I've never owned a car that required this many repairs--(I have a 2001 Ford Excursion w/112,000 miles and nowhere near this kind of repair expense!) Will not buy another Subaru"

Lovin the Legacy GT L

By on Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"It's not the fastest sedan on the road, but it's a whole lot of fun especially if you have the 5-speed. I'm a teenager so believe me, I take this car through its paces and it holds up extremely well. If you take good care of a Subaru, it'll take good care of you. It handles great, especially in the snow. I love this car and Subaru definitely has me hooked."