1999 Subaru Legacy

Based on 288 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Everything about an Outback is excellent."

"The Subaru Outback is one of the best vehicles on the market. It is extremely versatile. I have a full size Chevy truck but haul everything that does not require a trailer in my Subie. The rubber mat in the back keeps it clean, and the fold down seats offers more cargo space than generally needed. I regularly throw the kayak on top and cruise down the freeway without any problems. The interior (in a limited) is wonderfully designed. The leather is top quality and shows little wear over time. Driveability is excellent. You can throw it in a curve like a coupe and it powers through superbly. Honda Civics can't keep up, that's for sure. The all-wheel drive systems keeps it rockin even in the snow, which makes for a great day of snowboarding when everybody else is stuck indoors. I have nothing bad to say about the Outback....now go get you one!"

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"As a snowboard instructor and college student in the Adirondaks this car got me EVERYWHERE, even in the worst storms. 10 yrs and 186,000 mi and the only downside is some rust."

One Reliable Car

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Bought this car new over 12 years ago, and it has been incredibly reliable and versatile of use. Great capacity for loading in large items (gas barbeques, ladders, 11 foot market umbrellas etc.), comfortable passenger car, wonderful visibility from the driver's point of view and handles well in all road situations and weathers."

Inherited this car; dependable but uncomfortable

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "good winter car in upstate NY"

Cons: "uncomfortable and console controls locations odd"

"Very reliable but front seats are very uncomfortable and have had trouble with back lift gate not operating. Gas mileage is good, but not great about 25 mpg."

Best car ever!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Dependable fast corning well ballanced roomie"

My 1998 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon 2.5

"I cant seem to find anything wrong nor can I say anything bad about my Subaru, in fact it has been the best car I have ever owned. I've never owned a Subaru before I got my Legacy GT wagon I kinda had no choice at that point because of my credit score, so I had to build my credit so I bought it. I only planned on keeping it until I got it paid off then I was going to use it as a trade so I could upgrade, but a strange thing happened I started to enjoy it the more I drove it. It handled like no other car I've ever owned before, very reliable and never had an issue with it. I paid this car off over three years ago and cant seem to want to let it go. Very good gas millage and very fast lol wont say how fast but I will say this much it's faster then your average bear. I gave this car a 10/10 because of it's reliability looks and everything. I have never gave a perfect 10 on anything not even my girlfriends. You must drive one to understand what I'm saying."

My 1998 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon 2.5