1995 Subaru Legacy

Based on 270 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Dependable, peppy wagon

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun, peppy, dream car"

Cons: "cup holder stuck in open position"

"Smooth riding, dependable, peppy vehicle. First time Subaru owner. Bought it used (15 years old) with about 155000 miles. Didn't pass smog 1st time, 1.11 CO at idle, and only 1.00 allowed to pass. So, after research, changed oil, added Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner to full gas tank, then did an "Italian tune up" (get on freeway and "floor it" to 80-85, a few times, then took in to re-smog it. PASSED. (But this time HC were really high, but passing, at idle as a result of the "tune up", I guess.) After just a couple of hours of driving, and 2 days, have fallen in love with this little gem! It's a dream. Previous owner took great care of it and was in excellent condition. Lovin it."

I am original owner ,its been their for me ,(best

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Leather.heated seats, AC,cargo shade,mat,net"

Cons: "Minor exterior nicks and scratches"

"vehicle ever)never to break down and the best buddy I ever had.With a little bit of care ,it will do the same for you. Its me that is breaking down and can't give it the upkeep anymore and will break my heart the day we have to part. two new michlen tires Rear, SKIPPY"

I love my Subaru

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "love the sun roof, easy and fun to drive"

Cons: "cup holder is jammed shut :("

"Got it used, has a few parking lot dings, but its comfy and roomy, gets good mileage and it runs, runs, runs. We're in southern Oregon and taking her 4 hours north to Portland is a breeze and I don't get tired going on an 8 hour road trip to Seattle. She's easy and comfortable to drive. ^.^"

Best car ever!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Dependable fast corning well ballanced roomie"

My 1998 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon 2.5

"I cant seem to find anything wrong nor can I say anything bad about my Subaru, in fact it has been the best car I have ever owned. I've never owned a Subaru before I got my Legacy GT wagon I kinda had no choice at that point because of my credit score, so I had to build my credit so I bought it. I only planned on keeping it until I got it paid off then I was going to use it as a trade so I could upgrade, but a strange thing happened I started to enjoy it the more I drove it. It handled like no other car I've ever owned before, very reliable and never had an issue with it. I paid this car off over three years ago and cant seem to want to let it go. Very good gas millage and very fast lol wont say how fast but I will say this much it's faster then your average bear. I gave this car a 10/10 because of it's reliability looks and everything. I have never gave a perfect 10 on anything not even my girlfriends. You must drive one to understand what I'm saying."

My 1998 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon 2.5

Not overly powerful but not underwhelming

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Great bang for the buck"

Cons: "no turbo :("

"Great winter vehicle good summer vehicle. This car from factory has a fuse in the front to switch from all wheel drive to just front wheel drive which is great because it gives me 5 mpg more than AWD also gives it a bit more power which is also great when its hot out and you wanna run the a/c but don't wanna be out of power. Speaking of hot if you plan to buy a wagon the whole cabin becomes a greenhouse in the sun so be forewarned maybe put the windows down a hair. I've owned my subaru wagon for 3 years with zero regrets. I accidentally gave it a little more oil than I was supposed (like a quart) which pushed it past my valve cover gasket and onto my exhaust and it smelled for quite some time but I replaced my valve cover gasket and there was no adverse effects on the motor. The car is very controllable in the snow and ice, sideways when you put some(half) pedal down or dead on when you want it(Honestly we've all seen the rally subarus and the car should always be sideways) the controllable bit in the snow is in AWD of course, front wheel drive you have a lot of understeer but still driveable with decent tires. The doors are incredibly light feeling when you open them up. I would honestly buy this car several times over. Great fun, great times."

See if you qualify for