1994 Subaru Legacy

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

my 1993 Subaru legacy

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

"I got this car from my mother and I love it. It has some wear and tear but the engine is still solid and has no leaks. for this car being 20 years old I am sure that I has another 20 years as long as oil,tire are changed on a regular basis."

Unkillable

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"When i got the car it had already had one front end collision with no real repairs made, the body isn't much to look at but its more reliable then cars half its age, never gives me any trouble."

Solid performer

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"We bought the car used with about 55K on it and it has served us well for almost nine years. We changed the oil every 3000 miles or so and made sure it was regularly checked by our mechanic. Now at 156K, it's slightly overdue for a timing belt. Major issues have been weak air flow in the vent/defrost system (due to a significant build-up of organic matter in the ductwork ... garaging the car might have helped), and a seriously degrading exhaust system. (Additionally, I didn't care for the driver's seat — and needed an additional foam cusion — but it didn't bother my spouse.) AWD is great for upper Midwest winter weather — we've navigated numerous winter storms — but cuts mileage somewhat. We usually got mid-20s mpg. We're replacing the Legacy with a Matrix and passing it on to our daughter who will be using it in MN and CO. I'll miss the larger hauling capacity, large windows, and roof rack. But I know it will safely get her where she needs to go."

awesome!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great mileage, low maintenance."

"Best car I ever bought! We purchased this car over one weekend in the summer of 1992, and have never regretted the purchase. It consistently exceeds the gas mileage expectations, and has had no major issues, just routine maintenance over the years. Got us throught the baby, preschool, and school years for our first child, and now our second child is almost 15 and hopes to drive the Subaru in a year or two. We love this car."

Best old car

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I've gotten a quarter million miles on it and it's still chugging away. If you give it check ups every once in a while, it'll keep running forever. It runs smooth and flawlessly, I've only had to replace the transmission once. Great car. I'd definitely buy a Subaru again, and run it into the ground too."