1994 Subaru Legacy

Based on 143 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

A truly wonderful car

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, great to drive."

Cons: "Weak axels, engine oil seals."

"With over 200000 miles this car always starts and gets me to and from. My cost of ownership has been by far the lowest of any car I've had. This car was rode hard and put away wet. I did replace both front axles which is a known weakness and there is a seal leak in the engine but after all these miles and time I only replaced 1 headlight and 1 taillight. Unlike most American cars of 1994 there have been no electrical failures, no failed shocks, an indestructible automatic transmission. I most like its drive ability. It is by far the easiest car to drive of any I have tried including my wife's 2009 corolla"

Unkillable

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"When i got the car it had already had one front end collision with no real repairs made, the body isn't much to look at but its more reliable then cars half its age, never gives me any trouble."

my 1993 Subaru legacy

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

"I got this car from my mother and I love it. It has some wear and tear but the engine is still solid and has no leaks. for this car being 20 years old I am sure that I has another 20 years as long as oil,tire are changed on a regular basis."

Best old car

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I've gotten a quarter million miles on it and it's still chugging away. If you give it check ups every once in a while, it'll keep running forever. It runs smooth and flawlessly, I've only had to replace the transmission once. Great car. I'd definitely buy a Subaru again, and run it into the ground too."

awesome!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great mileage, low maintenance."

"Best car I ever bought! We purchased this car over one weekend in the summer of 1992, and have never regretted the purchase. It consistently exceeds the gas mileage expectations, and has had no major issues, just routine maintenance over the years. Got us throught the baby, preschool, and school years for our first child, and now our second child is almost 15 and hopes to drive the Subaru in a year or two. We love this car."

Solid performer

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"We bought the car used with about 55K on it and it has served us well for almost nine years. We changed the oil every 3000 miles or so and made sure it was regularly checked by our mechanic. Now at 156K, it's slightly overdue for a timing belt. Major issues have been weak air flow in the vent/defrost system (due to a significant build-up of organic matter in the ductwork ... garaging the car might have helped), and a seriously degrading exhaust system. (Additionally, I didn't care for the driver's seat — and needed an additional foam cusion — but it didn't bother my spouse.) AWD is great for upper Midwest winter weather — we've navigated numerous winter storms — but cuts mileage somewhat. We usually got mid-20s mpg. We're replacing the Legacy with a Matrix and passing it on to our daughter who will be using it in MN and CO. I'll miss the larger hauling capacity, large windows, and roof rack. But I know it will safely get her where she needs to go."

Will Keep Until Wheel Fall Off!

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I bought my baby in 2007 with only 129k miles on the clock and the only repairs needed were driver side cv joint and an alternator. It now needs a passenger cv joint and a wheel bearing. Repairs done within the last month was brakes only. VERY little maintenance required on these due to high reliability and excellent build quality! She rides so smooth for a 19 year old car and is very fun to drive, esp. with the moonroof. My daughter will be getting this car on her 17th birthday and will remain in the family until the wheels literally fall off or until she just no longer goes!!!! Keep all fluids at proper levels and changed routinely and these cars will pay you back TEN times over!"

Couldn't Beat Subarus!!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I have now owned 2 Subaru Legacys.. a 92 and 94 within the past 3 years.. they have been nothing but great to me!! The smallest things do go wrong sometimes.. CV Joins/Axle, Alternator and the bit regular maintnance you have to do with them, but other than the basics these cars are great!! I drove my 94' Legacy (Now with over 200k miles) all the way from Central Texas to Cancun (South Mexico). This was over 3000 mile round trip and it did great! The gas mileage can't be beaten either!! The day that I can afford a brand new one, I am sure I will get one and keep it forever!! If you're a Subaru Lover.. it wouldn't hurt to get a 92-94 model Legacy that has low mileage then you could plan to keep it forever!"

Very Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"This is such a very good car. It is so relible. Even with all the miles on it it still does exactly what I tell it to do. I love this car."

$800 dollar gem!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I paid 800 bucks for my '91.This car got me hooked on Scooby Doos(Subarus).Just one week after i got it,I drove fromWaterbury,CT to Worcester,Mass in the snow with absolutely no problems.The only thing you have to be aware of is the front axels.Easy to replace and cheap,so thats not even a big deal.After owning this car,I really wanted A Legacy GT, but I figured it going to be few years before i can actually afford one so I put a new muffler,timing belt,water pump,front axels,plugs,wires,belts,front brakes(rotors&pads) and new tires on this one.Two weeks after all that,I found a 1999 Legacy GT with leather,moonroof,power everything and I bought it.Now I don't drive around thinking"man I want one of those".Nor will I ever buy anything other than a Subaru."

Great snow wagon

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"I bought my 93 turbo wagon 3yrs ago,paid top price(6000),with 75000 miles,and it has been worth every cent.No break-downs,great performance,gas milage OK(22-city,24-highway),it's a tank in the snow,able to put lots of ski gear and all my stuff in it,no problem.Very fun to drive and a great investment!!"

Good Transportation

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Run's Great!"

Cons: "Has some rust that needs some TLC"

"Runs great and great in all weather. Great on gas too."

Best car ever made!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Not the greatest turning radius"

"Reliable, safe, "zippy"... wonderful!! This is the best car that I ever owned, and I would still own it if someone hadn't stolen it!! She had 265,000 miles and I never had 1 single issue. It went everywhere with me, was comfortable enough to sleep in the back (did that often), put the seats down and had TONS of room!"

Best car ever

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I had two of these, my first was a 94 GT wagon. The only work done to it was CV joints. I drove it to 240k and what killed it was stupidity on my part. I drove into a giant water hole trying to follow my buddy in his Jeep. My second one was was a 93 L wagon. I put a better intake on it, and some AT tires and it was the best car ever. I pulled my friends jeep out of the mud many times, took it to autocross and rallycross events and placed well in both, and even took it across the country. BEST. CAR. EVER. My dad needed a new ride, so I gave it to him with 300k on the clock and its still running like new. I drove an 03 WRX and drive a 07 Outback Sport now and I miss my Legacy."

Awesome Reliability

By on Friday, July 02, 2010

"I bought this car almost 3 1/2 years ago and have invested a total of $3,100 in it! A pleasure and a delight to drive, roomy, comfort, reliability and build quality are all there. Had 129,000 miles at purchase time, now up to 170,00. MANY new parts (Too many to list)! I highly recommend this car as a second car or for anyone looking for dependability and a great reputation for durability. These cars will easily hit the 300,000 mile mark-WITH preventive maintenance!"

VERY Dependable Subaru!!

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"I bought my Suzy back in March 2007 and have had very few repairs. It had only 129,000 miles on her at the time and with 167,000 on the clock now, she still runs new! My friends can't believe it's almost 20 years old! The repairs I've had done are: 4 new tires (Uniroyal 50,000 miles), new Diehard Gold battery, new drivebelts, 4 new brake rotors (front and rear), new front/rear brakes and a new alternator (due for another because I purchased the 3 year warranty back in July '07). It needs a few wheel repairs: 2 cv joints and a rear hub (wheel) bearing. Some new spark plug wires wouldn't hurt for a little smoother idle. A very fun and super comfortable car to own and drive! Mine has the power moonroof (LS model) and it also has 4 new spark plugs that I installed 18 mos. ago. I was in a moderately severe accident back in Feb. '08 to the hood and passenger side fender. The entire car used to be light blue-now the fender and hood are a brick red due to opart replacement!!! Excellent, safe and dependable cars for anyone searching for a Legacy. One thing: gas mileage could be better on these. (18/22)?"

Have loved this car since it was new

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"Bought this car when it was new and have enjoyed it ever since. Finally had to replace the CV joints has been the only major work done on it outside of oil changes, tires, etc."

NO Disappointments!

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"I bought my baby on March 1, 2007 and my 2 year anniversary is tomorrow, 3/1/2009 as far as length of ownership!! I plan on replacing the passenger side cv joint, rear wheel hub bearing (also on pass. side) and 4 nice, new tires. Of course, the wheel balance on all 4 wheels and 4 wheel alignment is a MUST when replacing these parts. I had an accident in February of 2008 (front and fender damage) and put a junkyard hood/fender on and she still runs like a top!! Not the prettiest car, though! I hope it goes through inspection with flying colors April 1st. No frame damage is there, a professional told me. Superior comfort, needs much better gas mpg, though. A very smooth, comfy ride and only routine maintenance needed. I HIGHLY recommend these babies to anyone looking for cheap, super reliable transportation!! Good luck!!"

My Subaru

By on Friday, September 12, 2008

"Great Little car. We could go places the large 4 WD vehicles could not, with no troulbe. The only repairs it reqquired during the time we owned it were 4 transaxles and boots and n air conditioner compressor. I wish all the vechilces I have owned had been as economical and reliable!"

turbo legacy

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"this car is well put together and had no flaws but this car should be worth way more than posted.....if you ever asked anybody about a legacy turbo they didn't even no they came out in 91'.....the car is awesome and if you own one consider your self very lucky"

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

very good car

By on Friday, May 23, 2008

"very good car runs good looks good start good good gas mileages"

Most dependable/cost-effective

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Bought with 6 miles on it off the showroom floor. Now has 180000 on it with replacement of brake linings, tires, and one transmission at 96000. Best car I've ever had. It just keeps ticking. Only complaint is the leather seats are hard and power radio antenna malfunctions. Just stays 1/2 way now. The ride floats with the incredible suspension. During an ice storm, the Suby was the only vehicle moving up a hill."

Bullet-proof Machine!!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"I bought my1990 Subaru LS (sedan) in March 2007 with only 129,000 miles and it's been a pleasure and a joy to own and drive! Minor repairs needed when I bought it were: new alternator and cv joint (driver side). I plan on passing it on to my daughter and will definitely remain in the family. Just keep up regular routine maintenance like brakes, battery, tires and most of all oil/filter changes. My owners' manual says every 7500 miles (or 6 mos.) but I have it done every 3,000 miles just to stay on top of it! I highly recommend these dependable and VERY well-built cars to anyone looking for inexpensive, reputable transportation. Will keep her till the wheels fall off or until she dies, whichever comes first!!"

300000 miles org. owner

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"brought new in 93, still running after 300,000 plus miles, original transmission and engine and exhaust system..only changed oil,tires,brakes..bullet proof engine and best 4wheel drive transmission money can buy.."