1994 Subaru Legacy

Based on 144 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

my 1993 Subaru legacy

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

"I got this car from my mother and I love it. It has some wear and tear but the engine is still solid and has no leaks. for this car being 20 years old I am sure that I has another 20 years as long as oil,tire are changed on a regular basis."

Unkillable

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"When i got the car it had already had one front end collision with no real repairs made, the body isn't much to look at but its more reliable then cars half its age, never gives me any trouble."

Solid performer

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"We bought the car used with about 55K on it and it has served us well for almost nine years. We changed the oil every 3000 miles or so and made sure it was regularly checked by our mechanic. Now at 156K, it's slightly overdue for a timing belt. Major issues have been weak air flow in the vent/defrost system (due to a significant build-up of organic matter in the ductwork ... garaging the car might have helped), and a seriously degrading exhaust system. (Additionally, I didn't care for the driver's seat — and needed an additional foam cusion — but it didn't bother my spouse.) AWD is great for upper Midwest winter weather — we've navigated numerous winter storms — but cuts mileage somewhat. We usually got mid-20s mpg. We're replacing the Legacy with a Matrix and passing it on to our daughter who will be using it in MN and CO. I'll miss the larger hauling capacity, large windows, and roof rack. But I know it will safely get her where she needs to go."

awesome!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great mileage, low maintenance."

"Best car I ever bought! We purchased this car over one weekend in the summer of 1992, and have never regretted the purchase. It consistently exceeds the gas mileage expectations, and has had no major issues, just routine maintenance over the years. Got us throught the baby, preschool, and school years for our first child, and now our second child is almost 15 and hopes to drive the Subaru in a year or two. We love this car."

Best old car

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"I've gotten a quarter million miles on it and it's still chugging away. If you give it check ups every once in a while, it'll keep running forever. It runs smooth and flawlessly, I've only had to replace the transmission once. Great car. I'd definitely buy a Subaru again, and run it into the ground too."

Will Keep Until Wheel Fall Off!

By on Sunday, February 15, 2009

"I bought my baby in 2007 with only 129k miles on the clock and the only repairs needed were driver side cv joint and an alternator. It now needs a passenger cv joint and a wheel bearing. Repairs done within the last month was brakes only. VERY little maintenance required on these due to high reliability and excellent build quality! She rides so smooth for a 19 year old car and is very fun to drive, esp. with the moonroof. My daughter will be getting this car on her 17th birthday and will remain in the family until the wheels literally fall off or until she just no longer goes!!!! Keep all fluids at proper levels and changed routinely and these cars will pay you back TEN times over!"

Couldn't Beat Subarus!!

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"I have now owned 2 Subaru Legacys.. a 92 and 94 within the past 3 years.. they have been nothing but great to me!! The smallest things do go wrong sometimes.. CV Joins/Axle, Alternator and the bit regular maintnance you have to do with them, but other than the basics these cars are great!! I drove my 94' Legacy (Now with over 200k miles) all the way from Central Texas to Cancun (South Mexico). This was over 3000 mile round trip and it did great! The gas mileage can't be beaten either!! The day that I can afford a brand new one, I am sure I will get one and keep it forever!! If you're a Subaru Lover.. it wouldn't hurt to get a 92-94 model Legacy that has low mileage then you could plan to keep it forever!"

Very Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"This is such a very good car. It is so relible. Even with all the miles on it it still does exactly what I tell it to do. I love this car."

$800 dollar gem!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I paid 800 bucks for my '91.This car got me hooked on Scooby Doos(Subarus).Just one week after i got it,I drove fromWaterbury,CT to Worcester,Mass in the snow with absolutely no problems.The only thing you have to be aware of is the front axels.Easy to replace and cheap,so thats not even a big deal.After owning this car,I really wanted A Legacy GT, but I figured it going to be few years before i can actually afford one so I put a new muffler,timing belt,water pump,front axels,plugs,wires,belts,front brakes(rotors&pads) and new tires on this one.Two weeks after all that,I found a 1999 Legacy GT with leather,moonroof,power everything and I bought it.Now I don't drive around thinking"man I want one of those".Nor will I ever buy anything other than a Subaru."

Great snow wagon

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"I bought my 93 turbo wagon 3yrs ago,paid top price(6000),with 75000 miles,and it has been worth every cent.No break-downs,great performance,gas milage OK(22-city,24-highway),it's a tank in the snow,able to put lots of ski gear and all my stuff in it,no problem.Very fun to drive and a great investment!!"