1994 Subaru Legacy

Based on 139 Ratings for the 1990 - 1994 models.

A 'Legacy' to be Proud Of!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Quality, 4wd, handling, power, style, room, "love""

Cons: "Have to nit-pic to find any:fuel economy, leg room"

Dory!

"I bought "Dory" a few years ago from an estate with only 40,000 miles on her! I still have her and probably will for many years to come! Mine happens to be the Alpine Sport edition wagon with heated seats and mirrors-very useful in the tropics! These first generation Legacy's were really Subaru's venture into the more upscale niche market occupied mainly by Volvo and Saab, intentional or not. Good move Subaru! They are everywhere in places where outdoor activities are popular, with good reason. These cars are extremely well built, with solid steel and excellent fit and finish. Power is quite good even with the automatic and lacking turbo. Handling is excellent, especially in foul weather or on gravel, thanks to the 4wd (as it was labeled then. Reliability is fantastic, on par with other Japanese makes. The interior is quite nice, especially in the dark grey as I have-some hard plastics, but mostly very nice. Fuel economy is soso, but not awful considering they 4wd (awd) and heavily built. I would not mind a little more room (as they are mid-size cars and Im over 6'), but she luggs my surfboards, dive gear, fishing rods, and other such things nicely. Any time Im in for maintenance, wherever I am, they ask if I want to sell her, or trade her in. The answer is always the same--NO WAY!"

Dory!

Good Transportation

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Run's Great!"

Cons: "Has some rust that needs some TLC"

"Runs great and great in all weather. Great on gas too."

Wonderful car all around

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, repairs are cheap."

Cons: "Older car means things will break, sound system"

"This was my first car that my parents bought for me with 147k on it. Lots of power and rides perfect. I still own the car it now has 217k on it the motor has not been rebuilt ever and still runs great. Had to replace parts which is going to happen over time, but nothing that was out of the ordinary. After owning this vehicle with the AWD I will never own a FWD vehicle it can go places my parents truck will now go! Only left my on the side of the road twice which weren't things that could have been found out until they happened. a blown hose line once and my fuel pump went the other time. I would recommend this car or any Subaru to anyone honestly they know how to build a good solid car. The only downside is that the body is rusting slightly."

my 1993 Subaru legacy

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

"I got this car from my mother and I love it. It has some wear and tear but the engine is still solid and has no leaks. for this car being 20 years old I am sure that I has another 20 years as long as oil,tire are changed on a regular basis."

Best Car Ever

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

"You can't find a better car anywhere else. I own a 1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon. it has 217,000 and is still going. I am looking into purchasing a 1992 SLW because the struts and bushings in the front have fallen apart, but I am having a difficult time parting with this car. My brother is a Subaru mechanic and built this car from scratch. Basically, when he bought it the lady had let it rot away. He rebuilt everything and it is still going. I love it. Always pick a Subaru. You'll never go wrong (my mom has a 2010 Legacy)."