1994 Subaru Legacy

Based on 142 Ratings for the 1990 - 1994 models.

A truly wonderful car

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Low cost, great to drive."

Cons: "Weak axels, engine oil seals."

"With over 200000 miles this car always starts and gets me to and from. My cost of ownership has been by far the lowest of any car I've had. This car was rode hard and put away wet. I did replace both front axles which is a known weakness and there is a seal leak in the engine but after all these miles and time I only replaced 1 headlight and 1 taillight. Unlike most American cars of 1994 there have been no electrical failures, no failed shocks, an indestructible automatic transmission. I most like its drive ability. It is by far the easiest car to drive of any I have tried including my wife's 2009 corolla"

my 1993 Subaru legacy

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

"I got this car from my mother and I love it. It has some wear and tear but the engine is still solid and has no leaks. for this car being 20 years old I am sure that I has another 20 years as long as oil,tire are changed on a regular basis."

Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"I bought my 1993 AWD Legacy brand new in 1992 and it now has 168K miles. I live about a mile up in a mountainous area and this car has reliably handled the constant use on grades as well as the occasional snow storm without any trouble whatsoever. In fact, I have done only routine maintainance and have never had to make a single mechanical repair. Subaru's quality of construction is truly outstanding. I will never buy another brand again."

awesome!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great mileage, low maintenance."

"Best car I ever bought! We purchased this car over one weekend in the summer of 1992, and have never regretted the purchase. It consistently exceeds the gas mileage expectations, and has had no major issues, just routine maintenance over the years. Got us throught the baby, preschool, and school years for our first child, and now our second child is almost 15 and hopes to drive the Subaru in a year or two. We love this car."

Super Reliable Vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I bought my Suzy back in March of 2007 with only 129,000 miles (now has 164,000), I keep up with all routine maintenance, have replaced MANY new parts and she doesn't owe me a dime! Super reliable, smooth-running car and will keep her for decades to come, or until there's 400,000 miles on her! NOT unheard of! I couldn't be happier and will pass her down to my daughter. I definitely recommend these wonderful, dependable cars to anyone!"

Hard to part with...

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"I bought my '92 Legacy in '94 with only 9,700 miles on the odometer. It was previously used as a demo at a dealership before I bought it. I love the car, as I haven't parted with it in more than 13 years now. I am forcing myself to finally give it up at the end of this year (I have made that promise three years ago); primarily because it has developed four cancer spots of rust and it's beginning to look bad. This car has been so reliable. A few expensive items I had to replace have been the rubber axel boots on the front end and a starter for the ignition system. It is now also starting to leak, not burn, oil, which could be an expensive repair at 122,232 miles on its odometer. The most annoying thing about this car is the interior styling, particularly where the front cup holders have been placed. The radio, clock and cassette can not be used easily when the cup holder is in use. It pulls out directly in front of the audio system. Somebody was not in their right mind when they designed where the cup holders should go. Otherwise, it's been a reliable, great handling friend!"

Very Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"This is such a very good car. It is so relible. Even with all the miles on it it still does exactly what I tell it to do. I love this car."

$800 dollar gem!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I paid 800 bucks for my '91.This car got me hooked on Scooby Doos(Subarus).Just one week after i got it,I drove fromWaterbury,CT to Worcester,Mass in the snow with absolutely no problems.The only thing you have to be aware of is the front axels.Easy to replace and cheap,so thats not even a big deal.After owning this car,I really wanted A Legacy GT, but I figured it going to be few years before i can actually afford one so I put a new muffler,timing belt,water pump,front axels,plugs,wires,belts,front brakes(rotors&pads) and new tires on this one.Two weeks after all that,I found a 1999 Legacy GT with leather,moonroof,power everything and I bought it.Now I don't drive around thinking"man I want one of those".Nor will I ever buy anything other than a Subaru."

Great snow wagon

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"I bought my 93 turbo wagon 3yrs ago,paid top price(6000),with 75000 miles,and it has been worth every cent.No break-downs,great performance,gas milage OK(22-city,24-highway),it's a tank in the snow,able to put lots of ski gear and all my stuff in it,no problem.Very fun to drive and a great investment!!"

Good Transportation

By on Monday, October 08, 2012

Pros: "Run's Great!"

Cons: "Has some rust that needs some TLC"

"Runs great and great in all weather. Great on gas too."