2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,577 - $25,310.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great design/real improve over prior years

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, interior"

Cons: "Mileage, stock speakers"

"The good: This is my first Subaru. I cross shopped the Elantra GT, Mazda3 and Ford Focus and choose the Subaru, because of the space inside and interior feel on the limited. Overall I've been very happy with the car. Reliability has been great with zero issues. The leather in the limited trim seems to wear well with proper car. At low speed traffic the car really feels low geared and peppy. No one mentions this, but the suspension really soaks up bumps and uneven pavement. The result? A quiet smooth ride IMHO. The Bad: I ordered my Marine Blue from a local dealer in Sep. 2012 and took delivery in Dec. 2012. Hopefully this is not happening to people now, but Subaru underestimated interest (big time!). Gas mileage has been just average. I've gotten 24-27 in town depending on how I drive. Mileage on the highway is great and is easily 34-36. There's a bit more sway and lean when cornering (fix with bigger sway bar set?). While not unusable the stereo is pretty bad. The good thing is that the speaker upgrade is simple and straight forward."

lots of zip

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "It's not a luxury car, but who cares?!"

"I love driving this car! It has a lot of unexpected zip for a 4 cyl vehicle, goes like a tank through the snow, and gets amazing gas mileage. The features are abundant and easy to use, the heated plush seats are such a comfort, and the interior space is larger than one might think. It's easy to see why this car is so highly rated."

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great all around car (good MPH)"

Cons: "good MPG = lower power :-("

"I love the way this car drive, feels, and looks. The only thing I really want more is a more stylistic dashboard with a slightly more fashonable control pannel (but that is just me). I completly recomend this car, and I can go anywhere and do anything with it. BTW Great for pets owners!!!!"

Good overall vehicle, has some quirks...

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "AMAZING handling/traction...WOW"

Cons: "Little power..really,noisy on freeway,jerky CVT"

"Subaru's are synonymous with where we live in Northern Nevada. So after moving there a few years ago, and needing a new car after our old one died, we decided to go with the Impreza. We opted for the fully loaded Sport Premium 5dr, because it had some things we've never had before like leather, heated seats, and CVT transmission etc... the car has been well... ok. -First the Negatives- Our old car (2003 Mitsubishi Galant)had more power than this one has new. Granted, it was a 2.4liter and only front wheel drive, but I miss it going uphills and merging on the freeway. A lot. This car does NOT have power, which you'll notice right off on the test drive. Another negative, which I never really considered, is road noise. Pretty loud on the freeway. Everywhere else is fine. The last negative for me is, the CVT. I realize it always is in the right gear ratio for fuel economy etc, however it has this jerkiness that if you've never felt before could be a problem. PAY ATTENTION during the test drive. It's not a huge issue, however it IS something I've had to get used to. There ARE positives though, the fuel economy is great, especially on the freeway. I keep it at 65-70, REALLY. However I'm not certain the in town fuel estimates are correct. It seems to only get somewhere around the low 20's (22-25 maybe?) The traction and handling is AMAZING and really where this car SHINES. You have to drive it around corners and interstate interchanges to believe it. On the freeway interchanges, you can literally take the recommended 35-40mph and add 20-25mph NO KIDDING! Its really amazing. It has performed in the snow and ice as expected. This fact alone gives me a peace of mind with my family driving around in it. Overall, the car is great FOR WHERE WE LIVE. If you live in a place that snows in winter and traction/stability/handling are paramount, this is definitely your rig.- hopefully my review answers some or all of your questions."

Great overall car - Sport Premium CVT

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "style, MPGs, AWD, base options"

Cons: "highway road noise, bluetooth clarity"

factory installed subwoofer in cargo area, removable to access spare tire

"I've had this car for about a year and drive it in all weather conditions: lots of snow, lots of rain, lots of good weather. I have yet to get this car stuck and I tried during the first 8" snow we got last year. All the people who claim the MPGs are poor don't know how to drive. I constantly get 30 mpg average and it would be higher if I did more highway driving. The MPGs do go down a bit in colder weather but not enough to whine about. I drive quick/fast and still get good gas mileage. The power is slightly lacking until you learn to "punch it" and let the CVT do it's magic. You can't drive it like a regular or manual transmission. Gas pedal position = acceleration percentage, then you have to keep it there. It is more quick than fast, but with a 9 second 0-60, it's not going to win any races. Interior - pure function here. No issues on quality or durability. The heated seat option is priceless in cold weather. The side mirrors are great so therefore small (if any) blind spots. Upgrade the speakers as the stock ones aren't very good. There is a hidden option on the stock stereo called "through mode" that will improve the sound quality at higher volumes. If you like the look and want the reliability combined with decent power and above-class MPGs, this really is a great combination where you can have it all."

factory installed subwoofer in cargo area, removable to access spare tire