2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,561 - $25,301.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Worth a drive

By on Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pros: "Safety, handling, headlights, visibility, mpg."

Cons: "Could use vtec second wind."

"I own a 2015 Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium hatchback/5 doors with CVT. What be bought had to be safe, reliable, fuel efficient and have room for a ¾ size bass (double-bass). AWD was not a priority. 2.0L engine is responsive and has enough guts, but it is no WRX. In the past, Japanese engines had to rev high to get power out of them as opposed to german engines having a flatter torque curve. This car has Teutonic DNA from somewhere. Great handling. Transmission is a lot more refined than what Subaru offered just 5 years ago. Averaging 34 mpg in mixed driving at 4,300 mi. I followed Porsche break-in procedure, so far so good. The family does not think noise is an issue inside the cabin. Gone is the wind noise that plagued our '97 Outback. The sound system surprised me with bass, even if car has no trunk. And the Bluetooth and USB connectivity for music and hands-free cellphone are a great feature. I can't speak for the Starlink app as I do not own a smart phone. Back seat is surprisingly roomy. 2 people 6 feet tall no complains."

Best car for snowy roads!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Good price, secure on any road surface, good MPG's"

"I have driven Subaru's for almost 15 years now and the 2014 Impreza Sedan is far and away the BEST machine I have ever driven on slippery, slushy roads. I am one of those aggressive winter drivers and my Impreza took everything I threw at it and begged for more! It is quick, nimble, and sure footed like no other vehicle I have ever driven! The Impreza makes you feel safe and in control. All the while getting great gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

Very nice, comfortable, reliable car, great MPG

By on Thursday, June 04, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the money, good ride and handling"

Cons: "Needs adjustable lumbar support"

"Averaging about 30 mpg. Got a great deal from original owner. Drives-out very nice, handles great, and rides much nicer than the Scion we sold. Interior is well laid out. Just not enough lumbar support for me when driving. Recommend it to anyone."

Great car as expected

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"My old 2005 Impreza was totaled by some idiot, and I was forced to buy a new Impreza because I didn't like the 08-11 design. With the Impreza, you know what you are getting. It is a very reliable AWD sedan with decent gas mileage. Living in Seattle, I wanted a reliable AWD sedan with a manual transmission, so it was either this or an A4 (which is less then reliable). A Quick summary: Engine- less then stellar. Improved fuel economy but severely underpowered. I would gladly take the old 2.5 liter with extra hp over the few upticks in MPG. Transmission- The 5sp is still outdated, and it feels more numb than my 05. Still better then the CVT which is completely gutless. Comes to life in higher RPM's. Interior- Solid. Nothing fancy but works and has enough technology to keep me happy. The clothe in the seats is terrible. I'm already getting stitching undone at 15k miles. AWD- This is why you buy the car. 50/50 split is fantastic in the snow. Put on some new Continental DWS tires (the stock tires are garbage) and the car handles great in the snow. Overall- solid car that should last for 15 years if I decide to keep it. Odds are though- I'll get tired of it and trade it in in the next 4 years or so."

Fun and economical four wheel drive.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Economical, good in snow and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not as peppy as its sporty appearance."

"This is a fun little car. It gets great mileage and has proven itself to be up the the challenge of heavy snow. It is a little underpowered and the radio is not so hot. All in all, it is well worth the price."