2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,489 - $19,994.

10/6.7

8.0

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next

Disappointing

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "All wheel drive, steering wheel mounted controls"

Cons: "Gas mileage, no pep/power, arm rest useless"

"Third Subaru I have owned. I was hesitant to purchase another since the two previous failed around 92,000 miles and about 8 years with leaking head gaskets - which I found to be a common problem in Subaru. I was assured the new Subaru's do not require a flush and fill til they reach 100,000 miles. I went with the Subaru after looking at the Hyundai Elantra GT, Ford Focus, and Mazda 3 and taking into account Consumer Reports high opinion of the vehicle. However, the 2012 Impreza has less power than my 2004 Impreza with no significant increase in miles per gallon (got 28 mpg on 2004 and getting 30 mpg on this). There is a really stupid gague to let you know how to drive to get better mileage - shows I get good mileage going downhill and bad mileage going up hill. I already know this and did not need a gauge to tell me this. The vehicle is still not designed for a short people. The sliding armrest helps but still about 2 inches too short for me to make good use of it. I don't think the low profile is going to get me through a whole lot of deep snow. I wish I had gone with the Hyundai Elantra GT instead which is almost the same car dimension wise (interior and exterior)."

Not what I expected

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "SI drive"

Cons: "Cheap feel, terrible mpg, awful sound system $$$$$"

"I have always driven a Nissan or Infiniti. This is my first Subaru Traded in a 2010 Infiniti G37 convertible on the 2012 sti and I immediately regretted the decision! Loud, poor gas mileage, uncomfortable, terrible audio and Bluetooth (spend 1900 on audio the first week I had it) and cheap interior. The cars interior is about the same as the nissan Sentra and if you take the car apart many of the components are made by nissan. Very very cheap feel, rattles, plastic dash???? Overall if you are used to a nice car, do not buy this one!! However car has been very reliable with no issues at all aside from the audio system"

All I wanted: AWD, small, good mileage

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Awd, comfortable to drive, roomy"

Cons: "Pricey compare to same class"

"I tested drive a civil, corolla and the. Impreza. As a new driver who's living at area with a lot of snow This is exactly what I looking for. I like how the wheel and brake feels. I was try to cut a few thousands and buy the civic but after reconsideration I took the impreza because all wheel drive make me feel more secure to drive in winter time that we have a lot of snow. The car is small but surprisingly roomy. My husband is 6'2" and always a ford explorer fans but even he's big and still can comfortably drive this car. I'm very pleased with it and loving this car"

Excellent overall value!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, reliability, safety, handling, brakes"

Cons: "Noisy at highway speed"

"Bought the 2.0 Sport Limited a month ago and really like it. Fuel economy is in low 30's in mixed driving. Handling is superb in dry and wet conditions, and brakes are strong with great pedal feel. Can be noisy at HW speed, but it is comparable to other cars in this class I had tested. Great cargo space and comfortable interior. Power is adequate, but it feels peppy in real driving. Don't read magazine articles that criticize the power, these people are more concerned about power and 0-60 times than the things that make a car what it is. This car is an excellent buy for a family, it was the best choice for mine after testing Corollas, Civics, Cruze, Elantra, Focus, etc. Test drive this car if you are in the market for a compact, you won't be disappointed!"

Best All Around Vehicle you can Buy

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "great on gas AWD and sporty"

Cons: "not in everyone's sight and should be"

"There is no other car out there that is sporty AWD, can fit all you stuff in the back and get 35+ MPG. The cost to own this car is amazing and it keeps getting better. The price point is great for what you get. Its something different not on everyone's radar but if you are looking for a new small car seriously consider the new Impreza. I bought my wife the Sport limited model and every day she tells me how much she loves it and i love it too. i have had many cars over the years, of many different brands usually Luxury Sedans and i am considering buying myself a matching one for me."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25