2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,397 - $19,908.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great car, utility, safety, quality car

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Solid, Solid, Solid car"

"I have put 10k on this car and I am very impressed. My wife owns a 2008 forester and I liked her car so much that when it came time for me to get a new car I had to look at subaru. Because of the awd this brand feels and is so solidly planted on the ground more so than any other car I have driven. I owned the 2008 mercury sable awd before this car and I am amazed at how this car handles and feels as solid as a much larger car. To many people try to compare this car to a focus or elantra etc in terms of fuel economy, interior and exterior design, and over all value. If you like your cars to look like a space ship inside and like to feel like your in a coup with poor visibility, this is not your car. I personally like the interior design of my previous sable and other cars like it( the new impreza). A more clean look without the oddly shaped vents, plastic trim and accent pieces, and over all futuristic style. This impreza feels planted to the ground like an suv, gets the same gas milage as the focus , has a simple upscale feel inside, and is just an amazing car that for me has it all. Quality, reliability, fuel efficiency , awd, and with the limited model , luxury. If you want these things take a good look at the impreza. If you want a cheap, poorly put together, rat trap and overly estimated mpgs, check out the Hyundai elantra. . There is a reason why Toyota, Honda , and Subaru have the most loyal customers in the industry. And it's not because there the least expensive and most stylish."

Great car as expected

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"My old 2005 Impreza was totaled by some idiot, and I was forced to buy a new Impreza because I didn't like the 08-11 design. With the Impreza, you know what you are getting. It is a very reliable AWD sedan with decent gas mileage. Living in Seattle, I wanted a reliable AWD sedan with a manual transmission, so it was either this or an A4 (which is less then reliable). A Quick summary: Engine- less then stellar. Improved fuel economy but severely underpowered. I would gladly take the old 2.5 liter with extra hp over the few upticks in MPG. Transmission- The 5sp is still outdated, and it feels more numb than my 05. Still better then the CVT which is completely gutless. Comes to life in higher RPM's. Interior- Solid. Nothing fancy but works and has enough technology to keep me happy. The clothe in the seats is terrible. I'm already getting stitching undone at 15k miles. AWD- This is why you buy the car. 50/50 split is fantastic in the snow. Put on some new Continental DWS tires (the stock tires are garbage) and the car handles great in the snow. Overall- solid car that should last for 15 years if I decide to keep it. Odds are though- I'll get tired of it and trade it in in the next 4 years or so."

Boring Played Out

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "turbo, price"

Cons: "awkward interior, high clutch engage, old exterior"

"I was very excited to test drive the wrx. Upon my first arrival in the driver seat it was awkward. The dashboard and seats just seemed so uncomfortable. When driving I realiy the clutch let out very high and had no sporty feel at all. The 5 speed transmission seemed out dated and thought the only good part of the car was the fact it has turbo. Acceleration was good and handling felt horrid. Awd I expect it to hug the corners better, it felt like it had a lot of body roll and not fun to drive. The exterior is old at this point and outdated. I can't see myself trading my vehicle in for this to drive everyday."

Terrible Engine problems never corrected

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great body style"

Cons: "you will pay thousands of your own money to repair"

"These Subarus have terrible engine design problems that have never been fixed. The heads will likely leak once the warranty runs out. Subaru will not address these problems."

5-door Sport Premium = Infatuation

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Price, AWD, looks sharp"

Cons: "Missing nice-to-haves"

"KBB reviews are spot-on; it's fuel efficient, looks great, handles well. The interior is plain, and I immediately noticed the absence of cool little compartments to stash lip balm, change, dental floss, etc. (my '01 Forester had tons). I'm getting at least the advertised MPGs, usually a little better based on 50/50 driving city/highway. Perhaps driving style is affecting those unhappy owners' results. I dislike the red back-lit instrument panel at night. For me, it's difficult to see. An engine this size with auto transmission is less than exciting (after driving manual for 35 years). Overall, I'm falling in love slowly (I loooooooved my '01 Forester and cried when it passed on)."