2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,391 - $19,902.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Fast! Fun! Bit cheap on the inside.

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun fun fun"

Cons: "Shoddy interior, poor paint quality"

"If you want a car that has alot of power, good handling on and off the road, and aren't too concerned about the little things then this is the car for you. I Went from a 2009 VW Golf to this and I can say that the quality is by far less superior on the inside. This car is pretty fun to drive, and it is an animal. But as such, you can tell that most of the R&D went into the drivetrain. Inside, although my car is only 3 years old and has under 50K miles, the interior is quickly deteriorating.... the switches and knobs feel cheap. The doors and dash are all made of hard plastic, and just cruising down the freeway you can hear constant creaking and rattling coming from the dash and door panels. My heater vent on the drivers side has completely fallen into the dash (and I have NEVER moved it, just fell in going over a speedbump about a week ago) My passenger side window switch works for rolling it down but dosen't roll the window up... (30,000 miles!?) And I have paint peeling off of my roof in some spots.... But I will say that the driving experience is superb. If you want a car to drive that is fun and exciting, buy a WRX... if you are going to be driving alot, and not in a fun/sporty manner, buy something else. I would buy one again... but only for a toy."

Great small hatchback for Northeast winters

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, roomy interior for small car"

Cons: "bad tires"

"I have owned several Subarus, including the second model year of the Impreza, which only died after about 18 years because a deer decided to jump on the hood. This Impreza is roomier inside and has some nice features. Gas mileage is very good for an AWD. The tires that came on the car are cheaply made and not very rugged. Have had to replace one already. My other Subarus had Bridgestone or Michelin tires, which were both good. This car is not designed to live for eighteen years, but at this point neither am I."

Love this car

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow and rain"

Cons: "It gets dirty"

"I traded a Toyota and am happy I did! The Toyota dealerships in this area are sub-standard and were very disappointing to me considering Toyota is known for customer service. I got my Subaru and have enjoyed it every bit as much as my previous Camry. Plus, since I live in the Northeast, this car is made to go in snow and rain; weather is no issue with Subaru. The dealership is honest and fair. I got a great deal. I am going into my third year with this car. It's fun to drive, reliable, gets great mileage and handles beautifully. I know why Subaru is Love!"

excellent control when changing lanes or on turns

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "responsive handling, solid feel, great visibility!"

Cons: "noisier at highway speeds, am OK with it"

"I've really enjoyed driving this car since 2012 - found it to be more enjoyable to drive and with greater responsiveness and all-around fun than the BMW 328xi wagon despite costing a whole lot less. Superb zero-40mph acceleration despite not having a big engine... Thin A and B pillars and resultant clear sight-lines are a big contributor to the feeling of control when driving this car. I have used it mostly as a commuter car, but it is awesome when challenged. The hatchback can even carry several pieces of 8' long lumber with rear seat folded and front seat reclined. On a single-lane winding mountain road that I use sometimes, it seems to be more nimble and corner more stably (with greater margin) at the same speed than Audis and BMWs ahead or behind me. Thrilled with it!"

2014 Impreza Premium w/ MT

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Price, AWD, Braking, Handling, All-Weather Package"

Cons: "Overly sensitive steering and clutch"

"The CVT is slow and clunky, so I got the manual transmission; SO MUCH better! They are hard to find, but definitely worth the wait. While I would not call the car fast, it is very "eager." Each time I shift up a gear, it wants to go! The extra torque adds performance and it is fun to drive. For those complaining about mileage: this is the most fuel efficient AWD vehicle in production right now; you're not gonna get anything better. And of course your mileage will depend heavily on how you drive it. There is no point in comparing the Impreza to something like a Ford Focus, because the Impreza is much heavier and has a compeltely different drivetrain. They have little in common aside from their general size. For oil complaints: This car requires synthetic 20-weight oil only. Anything else will burn up quickly and eventually cause damage. I don't understand the technology complaints either: it has many more bells and whistles than my Honda Civic, at a very good price. The steering and clutch are very sensitive, and it's taking me a while to get used to them. However, I absolutely love this car; I will be keeping it as long as it runs. Which should be at least 10 years."