2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,404 - $19,908.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very happy except for fuel econ & technology

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "price, fun to drive, better than expected pickup"

Cons: "MPG and Phone technology"

"We have the car a little over 2 months and my wife, who drives it 90% of the time is very happy with it except for 2 things. Most important to her is the Bluetooth technology and in this car its very basic. We also own an Audi where when either of us enter the car separately the car easily switches to the user in the car. Also the Impreza's system cannot load your phones contacts. Most important to me is the lower than expected fuel economy. My wife drives the car to work in an urban setting where there is traffic but nothing terrible and current gas mileage runs 21 - 23 MPG. Spoke to the service manager and they advised to wait to the car breaks in which is 3,000 miles. I'm hoping that the MPG gets better as it cant get worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem?"

Solid car all around, the perfect daily driver

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "FUN, fast, practical all around, and very reliable"

Cons: "somewhat cheap interior, sound system"

"Came out of a 2008 VW Rabbit and couldn't be happier with my WRX. The car is very practical and is great in all weather situations. One of the best AWD systems I've ever driven on and not to mention it handles like a beast! Only reasons I would not rate 10/10 is because number one, the sound system is as average as can be. Number 2, being used to a German car, I expected more of a solid interior. But these two things aren't a big requirement for me, so overall, I love this car!"

my 2014 impreza sport limited....

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "durable; safe; dependable; nice looking(stylish);"

Cons: "can't own enough. Stopped making the Baja."

"This is the 7th. subaru that my wife and I have owned. Loved every one of them. This 2014 we ordered in 2013 the way we wanted it. We live where the weather gets really bad, and every time, we jump in our impreza and head out to see how many people we can creep by that have gone into the ditch with their 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicles. This includes the big dodge hemi and the heavy duty ford trucks. The dependability of the subaru is untouched. We will forever own and love our subaru. (s) Anyone not considering buying one is not thinking straight. Especially if they have children, they will not be any more safe than in a Subaru."

Subaru stands by their quality... BUT

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "mpgs, awd, stereo, handling, paddle shifters"

Cons: "engine HP, CVT transmission, road noise"

"This car drives very well. It handles as good as any other car in its class. The horsepower is lacking however. with only 148hp its hardly a sports car. I would like to have seen the brz engine in this car. The interior is solid. You have the option for a premium sound system which I heard was very good. I drive to and from NH/DE which is 7 hours one way and I haven't had any problems with discomfort. MY biggest complaint is the CVT transmission. its sluggish and noisy. It would have been better to have a 6 speed auto, and manual transmission option. My favorite things about the car is the leg room and the trunk space is pretty big. considering this is an AWD vehicle, the MPG are very good. I manage 33mpg while doing 70-75 on the highway. this car is 5 star safety rated across the board and is a very affordable car. This is worth every penny. Subaru maintains its high resale value."

STI performance to the max

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive,,,"

Cons: "???"

"This is one of the best performance cars,, there are,!! Snow is no problem for the STI,,!! It is like it was built for snow condition,,!! I love my STI"

Fun and economical four wheel drive.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Economical, good in snow and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not as peppy as its sporty appearance."

"This is a fun little car. It gets great mileage and has proven itself to be up the the challenge of heavy snow. It is a little underpowered and the radio is not so hot. All in all, it is well worth the price."

Very quick car.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive"

"Very good handling car. Never driven in snow,sure it would be fine with a good set of snows."

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"We got our subaru last year when we decided to move to WI. It's always great to be the only one of my friends that has a car that doesn't mind the snow."

One of the best cars I have ever owned. Nice firm

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "It's "all good"."

Cons: "Covers on the front window pillars "buzz" a bit."

"A taught, but comfortable, ride with precise handling. You'll think you're in a sports or rally car. 2.0L engine has enough guts to get you wherever you're going, quickly. I'm getting 27-28 mpg on my 60 mi. commute and a little less when I'm "playing". If you like to drive, you'll really like this car."

Fast! Fun! Bit cheap on the inside.

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun fun fun"

Cons: "Shoddy interior, poor paint quality"

"If you want a car that has alot of power, good handling on and off the road, and aren't too concerned about the little things then this is the car for you. I Went from a 2009 VW Golf to this and I can say that the quality is by far less superior on the inside. This car is pretty fun to drive, and it is an animal. But as such, you can tell that most of the R&D went into the drivetrain. Inside, although my car is only 3 years old and has under 50K miles, the interior is quickly deteriorating.... the switches and knobs feel cheap. The doors and dash are all made of hard plastic, and just cruising down the freeway you can hear constant creaking and rattling coming from the dash and door panels. My heater vent on the drivers side has completely fallen into the dash (and I have NEVER moved it, just fell in going over a speedbump about a week ago) My passenger side window switch works for rolling it down but dosen't roll the window up... (30,000 miles!?) And I have paint peeling off of my roof in some spots.... But I will say that the driving experience is superb. If you want a car to drive that is fun and exciting, buy a WRX... if you are going to be driving alot, and not in a fun/sporty manner, buy something else. I would buy one again... but only for a toy."