2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,610 - $21,335.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 85 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Ultimate driving machine

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Eye catcher and truly a fun car to drive"

Cons: "If mileage is your thing!"

"This is a driver's car. It responds to you quickly and reliably. This car is game for any difficult maneuver. Want speed and acceleration? you got it and you can customize it with torque controls. The suspension system and the brakes are excellent as well. You can drive this car all day long and yet feel fresh. Overall a very nice sports car that is family friendly as well with 4 doors and a good size trunk."

I love my car!

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"We got our subaru last year when we decided to move to WI. It's always great to be the only one of my friends that has a car that doesn't mind the snow."

Best car for snowy roads!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Good price, secure on any road surface, good MPG's"

"I have driven Subaru's for almost 15 years now and the 2014 Impreza Sedan is far and away the BEST machine I have ever driven on slippery, slushy roads. I am one of those aggressive winter drivers and my Impreza took everything I threw at it and begged for more! It is quick, nimble, and sure footed like no other vehicle I have ever driven! The Impreza makes you feel safe and in control. All the while getting great gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

Great for what it's built to do.

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive. Excellent fuel economy."

Cons: "Small cargo area"

"I purchased my used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i premium hatchback for the AWD and fuel economy. After reading a lot of reviews, I was expecting a really underpowered car that wouldn't perform well. I was pleasantly surprised. Having driven a Durango with a HEMI previously, I knew that my experience in the much smaller Impreza could be disappointing. I was not prepared for the overall responsiveness of the car. Comparing the two is not a good idea, but lets just say, that for commuting, I don't miss the HEMI at all. Fuel costs have halved for me, as well as most maintenance costs. The CVT is different. I was expecting something annoying and unresponsive, but in manual mode it works well, a little lag in the higher simulated gears, but if you keep RPMs high it's not a problem. The CVT whine that many talk about is only really noticeable in the drive mode in the lower range.(Up to around 35 mph) Road noise is normal, I can hear my music well, and other people's conversation (which is not always good) at highway speeds. The CVT does a good job at slowing the car down hills. Living in an area with a lot of hills, this has kept me safe and out of trouble. The CVT also does a good job slowing the car in the simulated down-shift. I won't make the claim that it is as fun to drive as a manual transmission, but the paddle shifters, once you get used to them, do allow for a little fun. Of course the AWD is fantastic. No issues when driving in Northern MI at all. Finally, no oil problems. I was told that it would use a little oil, however with regular oil changes (3,000-4,000 miles) it has not been an issue. Great car. I really enjoy driving it."

Great car as expected

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

"My old 2005 Impreza was totaled by some idiot, and I was forced to buy a new Impreza because I didn't like the 08-11 design. With the Impreza, you know what you are getting. It is a very reliable AWD sedan with decent gas mileage. Living in Seattle, I wanted a reliable AWD sedan with a manual transmission, so it was either this or an A4 (which is less then reliable). A Quick summary: Engine- less then stellar. Improved fuel economy but severely underpowered. I would gladly take the old 2.5 liter with extra hp over the few upticks in MPG. Transmission- The 5sp is still outdated, and it feels more numb than my 05. Still better then the CVT which is completely gutless. Comes to life in higher RPM's. Interior- Solid. Nothing fancy but works and has enough technology to keep me happy. The clothe in the seats is terrible. I'm already getting stitching undone at 15k miles. AWD- This is why you buy the car. 50/50 split is fantastic in the snow. Put on some new Continental DWS tires (the stock tires are garbage) and the car handles great in the snow. Overall- solid car that should last for 15 years if I decide to keep it. Odds are though- I'll get tired of it and trade it in in the next 4 years or so."