2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,213 - $21,758.

10/6.7

8.0

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

very impressed with my subaru

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "mpgs, snow beast, etc."

"I have owned the car for about a year now. I was happy with it all along but a few months back a couple of heavy snows (heavy for us) hit Birmingham AL and that is when the car really earned its keep. I couldn't of been happier with its performance and can honestly say that it never lost traction unless i made it. I was going up hills 4x4s were stuck on. I recommend the car because it has incredible versatility and good mpg. great on the highway. I can squeeze 38-40 mpg out of it on an all highway trip. My 2 complaints about the vehicle is #1 i have and 6 month old little girl and with her rear facing car seat in the back, it doesn't leave much leg room for front seat passenger, and #2 its a little lacking on power but will do whatever you ask with encouragement and it does not hold it back what so ever. Hope this was helpfull. Thanks for your time"

Good Car for Around Town - Not Good Commuter Car

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Good snow traction and handling at low speeds"

Cons: "Burns oil, noisy, poor highway handling"

"The realized mileage is about 28 MPG. I find the car too light for highway driving in the snow or rain, even with top notch tires. Returned to dealer six times for the same check engine light related to the variable value timing. Quite noisy on on the highway, again with top of the line tires. Burns about a quart of oil every 1300-1500 miles and quite a few interior rattles. Very disappointed in my first/last subaru. Previously owned toyota camary's with little to no issues. Basically drove the toyotas off the lot and ran them to 250,000 miles with only regular oil changes, brakes and tires. Subaru was a major let down."

stylish, sporty and reliable

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great cargo space, great in the snow"

Cons: "trunk latching, Bluetooth, headliner pulling away"

"This is my second Subaru- I had owner and loved a 1993 Legacy wagon up until 2003 when I was in an accident. I drove a new Chevy Aveo and a new Kia Soul! between and always missed my Subaru. Finally, I bought my 2013 Subaru Impreza Limited new, fresh from the dealer. It is amazing. The brakes were perfect from day one, it handles like a champ, and feels solid (something I missed in my past two vehicles.) My only complaints are that the trunk doesn't shut well/easily- I have to really slam it to get it to latch correctly, that the upgraded stereo system is not very loud (and I'm not even a loud music person,) and that some of the headliner is pulling away from around the moon roof and windshield (since day one.) Also, the Bluetooth system is much more difficult to use than the ones I've had in the past. The car handles well in the snow (and my driveway is an unpaved, steep, crazy mess! There is a ton of cargo space in a very small footprint (especially with the seats down.)I get great gas milage (32.9 MPG for combined highway/city driving 60 miles a day, 5 days a week.) Overall, just a very nice car."

Best I ever had!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great utility and fun!"

Cons: "Stereo system needs to be updated"

"This has been by far my favorite vehicle. I have owned close to 20 different cars and trucks through the years and nothing has this combination of utility and sport. Many have suggested upgrading the stock performance on this car but even at stock this car will out perform 80% of the vehicles on and off the road! If you do decide to modify the car... Well some of the Porsches and BMWs that I have owned would not hold a candle to it in a modified form! But by far my favorite concept is its utility. I do not go to the track on a regular basis and I have a family this car fits into that category wonderfully (with plenty of acceleration running errands)."

Best car for snowy roads!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Good price, secure on any road surface, good MPG's"

"I have driven Subaru's for almost 15 years now and the 2014 Impreza Sedan is far and away the BEST machine I have ever driven on slippery, slushy roads. I am one of those aggressive winter drivers and my Impreza took everything I threw at it and begged for more! It is quick, nimble, and sure footed like no other vehicle I have ever driven! The Impreza makes you feel safe and in control. All the while getting great gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone!"