2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,016 - $17,537.

10/6.7

8.1

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Absolutely love my Subaru Impreza

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "AWD, Ride comfort, Nice interiors"

Cons: "acceleration could be improved, Lower end torque."

"This is my first Subaru Impreza (Hatchback) switching from over 10 years of three mazda 3. I am so happy that I switched, not that anything against Mazda 3, that is also a great car, (except in snow) but for the symmetrical AWD in Subaru is totally impressive. Subaru Impreza is truly a fun to drive car especially in snow and when it is actually snowing, one can drive through like a breeze when others struggle on the road. Driving dynamics is unmatched in this class and hence I have fallen with Subaru brand. I will never go back to Mazda or other brands. Very spacious passenger rear leg room and with the appropriate tire pressure suggested, the suspensions are really very nice and soft sufficient enough to feel the comfort while sporty enough to drive faster. Nice interior quality with soft plastic. I used to hate snow driving, but now I enjoy it. Very reliable car with snow maneuvering."

sturdy car - I like it!

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "sturdy, good looking, safe"

Cons: "seats could have +lumbar support, eh windshield"

"I've got the Sport Limited with all the bells and whistles. 17" tires, moonroof, touchscreen/navigation, R/V cam, leather, etc. It's my first new car & my 2nd subaru. >>>>>>>> Compared to my old manual GTI, the Ru was a little sluggish at first, but I have noticed it's a bit peppier recently. Although, nothing that feels like it'll get away from you. >>>>>>>> Coming from a custom audio system, the "stock" sound system here isn't great, but with a few EQ tweaks, it's better. >>>>>>>> I like the integration/connectivity and have had no problems with that, using both Nokia and iOS devices. I bought a 2' USB cord and just keep it plugged in, so I can access it whenever. >>>>>>>> The leather is nice and doesn't show much wear at all in the first year. Non-smoker, no kids, and no pets, so I'm pretty easy on interiors, though. >>>>>>>> I wish the front seats had more lumbar & neck curve support. I'm coming from Forester seats which were the ULTIMATE in comfort. The back seats are REALLY comfortable. >>>>>>>> The windsheield "splays" farther lights at night. Has since the first night I bought it (brand new). Wish that wasn't the case. I had just replaced the windshield in my old Ru, solely for that reason. Plus, the windshield does seem to "nick" easier than other cars I've owned. >>>>>>>> But, those are my only two real complaints. All else is great! Have hit a few big potholes over the year that I was sure would cause major damage and so far, no flat tires or alignment issues. >>>>>>>> I do wish the roof rails came with cross bars, even basic ones, as my old subaru did. Otherwise, they just cause extra drag and reduced MPG. I do like how they look, though. >>>>>>>> My average MPG isn't close to 36 (or 30, for that matter), but I do mostly very short, city drives, and even am usually only on the highway for a few exits. When I have taken long drives, the car (& my calculations) confidently report 30+ MPG. >>>>>>>> Interestingly, I drove a friend's who was almost exactly the same age, but not a Sport Limited, and mine did feel a teensey bit "tighter" on the curves. I believe there are a few mm's difference between come component that aids this. >>>>>>>> While there may be other cars with better audio or better pick-up, I'm quite happy with my Impreza, as it satisfies all my needs and is safe, to boot. It feels good to drive and fits my stuff without extra wasted space."

Don't trust CVT system/bring back TRUE manuals!!

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Safety,exterior,reliability, gas mileage 4 AWD"

Cons: "CVT & interior quality"

"My 3rd Subaru (: Currently have a(hatchback)Sport Limited w/ GREAT sound system (maybe due to it being a Limited), handling remains awesome, & space is decent for size. Noticed a decent # of people don't realize what AWD equals: LESS gas mileage. Gas mileage is actually REALLY GOOD for being AWD & of it's collision quality standards. For snow & rain: AWD handles better than any other. Live in WA, so AWD is more important than a minute MPG difference for it's class size. Also, Subaru is 1 of the safest cars (if not safest!) when compared to others same size; research it's side impact test results/scores (: **Subarus hold their resale value well for a reason** BUT, I HOPE SUBARU GETS RID OF OR PERFECTS THEIR CVT concept; think it messes up the transmission. I am noticing a "whine" & TERRIBLE auto shifting when I use it..Have driven many manuals over 20 years & am now afraid to use this car's CVT system. ADVICE TO CORPORATE: PLEASE BRING BACK THE TRUE MANUALS & PLEASE ALSO REFOCUS ON INTERIOR QUALITY!! Otherwise, I won't have a 4th Subaru.. ):"

Worse car to own EVER!!!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "none"

Cons: "cons??? everything... this car is terrible"

"I have owned a total of 17 cars in my life and the 2014 Subaru hatchback impreza was the only Subaru that I have owned. I never thought twice because their reputation is solid. However this is the biggest hunk of junk I have ever seen. To start... in 3 months I have had 4 flat tires... two at once! I went over the smallest of potholes and you get an immediate flat. I am by no means a fast driver either. When I went to a tire place I was told these types of tires do that. There is nothing to them and they blow out at the smallest bump... 340.00 per tire later... The car also has such a delay in shifting. This is not ok for a brand new 26,000 car! I brought it to my dealership twice thinking its a bad transmission and I have been told both times its the car design, not the transmission... um okay... also if you drive it in snow... which living in Mass is why I bought it... well you can't. Snow builds up in the tire rimes and after 30 MPH the car shakes so bad its scary to drive. I brought my car to the dealership and was again told its the design there's nothing wrong with the car... um actually there's a lot wrong with this car! the jack for the ipod in tucked deep in the arm rest in between the two front seats. Yeah who ever thought of that was a genius. you literally have to pull over to plug in your ipod. really poor gas mileage. I average about 25 miles per gallon... when I bought the car I was told 35. This is the worst car I have ever owned. oh and not to mention... the car is 13 months old and its worth only half what I paid for it... so much for Subaru's keeping their value... stay away from this car... go with a Mazda 3... cheaper and a much better car. I miss mine..."

Impreza are impresive

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"this car is amazing am sad because I have to get rid of it but yeah great, gas milage, is fast, responsive in general Subaru is an amazing car."

i bought it for the supossed 37mpg. it averaged 27

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Reason: bad gas mileage; gas smell in car; car died while going down road 35 mph; exhaust stunk

Pros: "Looks. Holds road with good tires."

Cons: "cvt transmission Issues. mpg. low quality"

"The interior quality is low. Polyester material snags easily, & cheap vinyl. The tires that came on it were the worst! I slid on leaves. I was afraid to drive my new subaru on winter roads until i bought better tires. Couldnt leave car running as the exhaust was aweful! The cvt transmission was troublesome. It was a nice looking car but i needed something with better gas mileage and bigger- i got both! The idiot light wasnt recording the issues i was having so the subaru mechanics couldnt check the potential problems under warranty,"

Great value, quality car

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "All wheel drive, roomy, great handling."

Cons: "Could use more power when heavily loaded."

"The Impreza rarely ranks as absolute best in any one category, but it ranks very high in all categories. Because of this, it's the kind of car I like to own. The Impreza is a great car at the $20k price point. It has the stability of a larger car, true rear-seat legroom, and in my opinion, the hatchback looks sharp. Seats are very comfortable, and the interior is simple with class, and not flashy. The all wheel drive has excellent grip in most conditions, and visibility from the driver's seat is great. The small but efficient engine serves the Impreza well, especially carrying one or two people, as most cars are used, and gives good fuel economy. Acceleration is a little slow when carrying a fully loaded car of 4-5 people, but that's not what this car was made for. However, if you need acceleration, the engine revs nicely. The Impreza feels far more solid than the Chevy Aveo and Hyundai Elantra. The Focus and the Mazda 3 are close competitors. The Impreza has the most room and the most grip of the three. The Ford and Mazda are slightly smaller, but in the end it comes down to personal preference, as they are good cars as well, and may be slightly more efficient. I preferred the driving dynamics (feel, basically) of the Impreza, the usable interior room, and finally, I felt the black and tan hatchback looked sharp for a small car. Faults: -Could use 20 more hp. -Could use more sound deadening. -Average radio. As an economical car, these are acceptable compromises. P.S. This review is for the 5-speed."

2012 impreza premium hatchback

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, space, gas miles"

Cons: "better sound system, better tires"

"I love this car lot more small car. It pickup good. I do not tire put on car. I think another tires. The speak system is ok and fun drive. I have no problems with car. I get 27 and 30 miles in winter time but in summer between 30 and 33. I have lot of trunk space with hatchback. I think great value for awd vehicle. If looking sometime high tech stuff look another car."

Excellent AWD car with great driving stability

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive when its snowing even heavily"

Cons: "gas mileage can be improved and also interiors"

"I love snow driving (though I hate everyday snow and cold weather in Cleveland, OH) ever since I bought this car after traded in my 2011 mazda 3 that was a FWD. The car is absolutely stable in snow and one can change lanes confidently in snow without fear of spinning with appropriate acceleration."

Very happy except for fuel econ & technology

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "price, fun to drive, better than expected pickup"

Cons: "MPG and Phone technology"

"We have the car a little over 2 months and my wife, who drives it 90% of the time is very happy with it except for 2 things. Most important to her is the Bluetooth technology and in this car its very basic. We also own an Audi where when either of us enter the car separately the car easily switches to the user in the car. Also the Impreza's system cannot load your phones contacts. Most important to me is the lower than expected fuel economy. My wife drives the car to work in an urban setting where there is traffic but nothing terrible and current gas mileage runs 21 - 23 MPG. Spoke to the service manager and they advised to wait to the car breaks in which is 3,000 miles. I'm hoping that the MPG gets better as it cant get worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem?"