2014 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,059 - $17,572.

10/6.7

8.2

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Impreza are impresive

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"this car is amazing am sad because I have to get rid of it but yeah great, gas milage, is fast, responsive in general Subaru is an amazing car."

i bought it for the supossed 37mpg. it averaged 27

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Reason: bad gas mileage; gas smell in car; car died while going down road 35 mph; exhaust stunk

Pros: "Looks. Holds road with good tires."

Cons: "cvt transmission Issues. mpg. low quality"

"The interior quality is low. Polyester material snags easily, & cheap vinyl. The tires that came on it were the worst! I slid on leaves. I was afraid to drive my new subaru on winter roads until i bought better tires. Couldnt leave car running as the exhaust was aweful! The cvt transmission was troublesome. It was a nice looking car but i needed something with better gas mileage and bigger- i got both! The idiot light wasnt recording the issues i was having so the subaru mechanics couldnt check the potential problems under warranty,"

Great value, quality car

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "All wheel drive, roomy, great handling."

Cons: "Could use more power when heavily loaded."

"The Impreza rarely ranks as absolute best in any one category, but it ranks very high in all categories. Because of this, it's the kind of car I like to own. The Impreza is a great car at the $20k price point. It has the stability of a larger car, true rear-seat legroom, and in my opinion, the hatchback looks sharp. Seats are very comfortable, and the interior is simple with class, and not flashy. The all wheel drive has excellent grip in most conditions, and visibility from the driver's seat is great. The small but efficient engine serves the Impreza well, especially carrying one or two people, as most cars are used, and gives good fuel economy. Acceleration is a little slow when carrying a fully loaded car of 4-5 people, but that's not what this car was made for. However, if you need acceleration, the engine revs nicely. The Impreza feels far more solid than the Chevy Aveo and Hyundai Elantra. The Focus and the Mazda 3 are close competitors. The Impreza has the most room and the most grip of the three. The Ford and Mazda are slightly smaller, but in the end it comes down to personal preference, as they are good cars as well, and may be slightly more efficient. I preferred the driving dynamics (feel, basically) of the Impreza, the usable interior room, and finally, I felt the black and tan hatchback looked sharp for a small car. Faults: -Could use 20 more hp. -Could use more sound deadening. -Average radio. As an economical car, these are acceptable compromises. P.S. This review is for the 5-speed."

2012 impreza premium hatchback

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, space, gas miles"

Cons: "better sound system, better tires"

"I love this car lot more small car. It pickup good. I do not tire put on car. I think another tires. The speak system is ok and fun drive. I have no problems with car. I get 27 and 30 miles in winter time but in summer between 30 and 33. I have lot of trunk space with hatchback. I think great value for awd vehicle. If looking sometime high tech stuff look another car."

Excellent AWD car with great driving stability

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive when its snowing even heavily"

Cons: "gas mileage can be improved and also interiors"

"I love snow driving (though I hate everyday snow and cold weather in Cleveland, OH) ever since I bought this car after traded in my 2011 mazda 3 that was a FWD. The car is absolutely stable in snow and one can change lanes confidently in snow without fear of spinning with appropriate acceleration."