2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,901 - $17,448.

10/6.7

8.0

Based on 47 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great overall car - Sport Premium CVT

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "style, MPGs, AWD, base options"

Cons: "highway road noise, bluetooth clarity"

factory installed subwoofer in cargo area, removable to access spare tire

"I've had this car for about a year and drive it in all weather conditions: lots of snow, lots of rain, lots of good weather. I have yet to get this car stuck and I tried during the first 8" snow we got last year. All the people who claim the MPGs are poor don't know how to drive. I constantly get 30 mpg average and it would be higher if I did more highway driving. The MPGs do go down a bit in colder weather but not enough to whine about. I drive quick/fast and still get good gas mileage. The power is slightly lacking until you learn to "punch it" and let the CVT do it's magic. You can't drive it like a regular or manual transmission. Gas pedal position = acceleration percentage, then you have to keep it there. It is more quick than fast, but with a 9 second 0-60, it's not going to win any races. Interior - pure function here. No issues on quality or durability. The heated seat option is priceless in cold weather. The side mirrors are great so therefore small (if any) blind spots. Upgrade the speakers as the stock ones aren't very good. There is a hidden option on the stock stereo called "through mode" that will improve the sound quality at higher volumes. If you like the look and want the reliability combined with decent power and above-class MPGs, this really is a great combination where you can have it all."

factory installed subwoofer in cargo area, removable to access spare tire

poor mpg, terrible fabric and carpet

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "awd great, small turning radius, holds road well"

Cons: "MPG not even close to advertised, carpet cheap"

"I wanted awd and a reliable car. My 11 yr old corolla got better mileage than this Impreza (I have not yet gotten over 27 mpg, even on the highway). Carpet on driver side already wearing because area near gas pedal is unprotected and thin at any rate. Mat is also already showing wear. Handles well on wet and snowy surface."

Good overall vehicle, has some quirks...

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "AMAZING handling/traction...WOW"

Cons: "Little power..really,noisy on freeway,jerky CVT"

"Subaru's are synonymous with where we live in Northern Nevada. So after moving there a few years ago, and needing a new car after our old one died, we decided to go with the Impreza. We opted for the fully loaded Sport Premium 5dr, because it had some things we've never had before like leather, heated seats, and CVT transmission etc... the car has been well... ok. -First the Negatives- Our old car (2003 Mitsubishi Galant)had more power than this one has new. Granted, it was a 2.4liter and only front wheel drive, but I miss it going uphills and merging on the freeway. A lot. This car does NOT have power, which you'll notice right off on the test drive. Another negative, which I never really considered, is road noise. Pretty loud on the freeway. Everywhere else is fine. The last negative for me is, the CVT. I realize it always is in the right gear ratio for fuel economy etc, however it has this jerkiness that if you've never felt before could be a problem. PAY ATTENTION during the test drive. It's not a huge issue, however it IS something I've had to get used to. There ARE positives though, the fuel economy is great, especially on the freeway. I keep it at 65-70, REALLY. However I'm not certain the in town fuel estimates are correct. It seems to only get somewhere around the low 20's (22-25 maybe?) The traction and handling is AMAZING and really where this car SHINES. You have to drive it around corners and interstate interchanges to believe it. On the freeway interchanges, you can literally take the recommended 35-40mph and add 20-25mph NO KIDDING! Its really amazing. It has performed in the snow and ice as expected. This fact alone gives me a peace of mind with my family driving around in it. Overall, the car is great FOR WHERE WE LIVE. If you live in a place that snows in winter and traction/stability/handling are paramount, this is definitely your rig.- hopefully my review answers some or all of your questions."

Responsive to drive, but gas mileage really off

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Solid driving"

Cons: "Subaru dishonest about mileage"

"I enjoy driving my Impreza, but the gas mileage is not anywhere near what is advertised. I am especially concerned over the on-dash reporting of the average mpg, which is much more than what I actually get - if it says I am getting an average of 24mpg, my actual mpg is around 20mpg. I consider that to be really questionable behavior on the part of Subaru - the instrument that Subaru put IN THE CAR is highly inaccurate."

Great car, utility, safety, quality car

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Solid, Solid, Solid car"

"I have put 10k on this car and I am very impressed. My wife owns a 2008 forester and I liked her car so much that when it came time for me to get a new car I had to look at subaru. Because of the awd this brand feels and is so solidly planted on the ground more so than any other car I have driven. I owned the 2008 mercury sable awd before this car and I am amazed at how this car handles and feels as solid as a much larger car. To many people try to compare this car to a focus or elantra etc in terms of fuel economy, interior and exterior design, and over all value. If you like your cars to look like a space ship inside and like to feel like your in a coup with poor visibility, this is not your car. I personally like the interior design of my previous sable and other cars like it( the new impreza). A more clean look without the oddly shaped vents, plastic trim and accent pieces, and over all futuristic style. This impreza feels planted to the ground like an suv, gets the same gas milage as the focus , has a simple upscale feel inside, and is just an amazing car that for me has it all. Quality, reliability, fuel efficiency , awd, and with the limited model , luxury. If you want these things take a good look at the impreza. If you want a cheap, poorly put together, rat trap and overly estimated mpgs, check out the Hyundai elantra. . There is a reason why Toyota, Honda , and Subaru have the most loyal customers in the industry. And it's not because there the least expensive and most stylish."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25