2012 Subaru Impreza

8.3

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Worth a drive

By on Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pros: "Safety, handling, headlights, visibility, mpg."

Cons: "Could use vtec second wind."

"I own a 2015 Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium hatchback/5 doors with CVT. What be bought had to be safe, reliable, fuel efficient and have room for a ¾ size bass (double-bass). AWD was not a priority. 2.0L engine is responsive and has enough guts, but it is no WRX. In the past, Japanese engines had to rev high to get power out of them as opposed to german engines having a flatter torque curve. This car has Teutonic DNA from somewhere. Great handling. Transmission is a lot more refined than what Subaru offered just 5 years ago. Averaging 34 mpg in mixed driving at 4,300 mi. I followed Porsche break-in procedure, so far so good. The family does not think noise is an issue inside the cabin. Gone is the wind noise that plagued our '97 Outback. The sound system surprised me with bass, even if car has no trunk. And the Bluetooth and USB connectivity for music and hands-free cellphone are a great feature. I can't speak for the Starlink app as I do not own a smart phone. Back seat is surprisingly roomy. 2 people 6 feet tall no complains."

Fun car for the price

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"The WRX is and has always been a value proposition for the performance oriented younger driver. The car is not particularly comfortable (stiff suspension and turbo lag make your daily commute just a little less enjoyable), but Subaru knows that 90% of their audience for this car will be OK with that sacrifice because of the additional performance it affords them. I use the car for surf trips, snowboarding trips, daily commuting, road trips, and work trips."

Best car for snowy roads!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Good price, secure on any road surface, good MPG's"

"I have driven Subaru's for almost 15 years now and the 2014 Impreza Sedan is far and away the BEST machine I have ever driven on slippery, slushy roads. I am one of those aggressive winter drivers and my Impreza took everything I threw at it and begged for more! It is quick, nimble, and sure footed like no other vehicle I have ever driven! The Impreza makes you feel safe and in control. All the while getting great gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone!"

Great MPG

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Comfortable, spacious, hands free"

Cons: "Price, Weak acceleration,"

"I get 29 mpg on city streets and about 37-40 mpg on highways. The car handles great and is well worth the money, especially if you live anywhere where it snows a significant amount. The one major downside of the car is that it lacks pep. Acceleration is pretty slow when trying to reach highway speeds. I've had some issues with the car starting right away, but I've had it checked and apparently nothing is wrong..."

Great car as expected

By on Monday, November 4, 2013

"My old 2005 Impreza was totaled by some idiot, and I was forced to buy a new Impreza because I didn't like the 08-11 design. With the Impreza, you know what you are getting. It is a very reliable AWD sedan with decent gas mileage. Living in Seattle, I wanted a reliable AWD sedan with a manual transmission, so it was either this or an A4 (which is less then reliable). A Quick summary: Engine- less then stellar. Improved fuel economy but severely underpowered. I would gladly take the old 2.5 liter with extra hp over the few upticks in MPG. Transmission- The 5sp is still outdated, and it feels more numb than my 05. Still better then the CVT which is completely gutless. Comes to life in higher RPM's. Interior- Solid. Nothing fancy but works and has enough technology to keep me happy. The clothe in the seats is terrible. I'm already getting stitching undone at 15k miles. AWD- This is why you buy the car. 50/50 split is fantastic in the snow. Put on some new Continental DWS tires (the stock tires are garbage) and the car handles great in the snow. Overall- solid car that should last for 15 years if I decide to keep it. Odds are though- I'll get tired of it and trade it in in the next 4 years or so."