2012 Subaru Impreza

8.1

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Everything I thought it would be, however...

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great mileage for an AWD"

Cons: "stereo seems minimal, somewhat boring interior"

"As reluctant as I was to trade in my 2009 Audi A4, I wanted something newer and with a little better gas mileage since I do a ton of traveling for work. The Impreza Limited fit the bill for what I was looking for. Two things I didn't want to give up was the heated leather seats and all-wheel drive. Since I previously owned two Subarus (a 2000 Forester and a 2009 Legacy), I knew the all-wheel drive would be top-notch and almost unstoppable in the PA winters. The interior is definitely roomy and could comfortably (very important word here) seat 5 adults. The handling is much better than expected and is very stiff and hugs the corners around sharp turns, something I was afraid of losing when I traded my Audi. I'm not comparing the two vehicles, but the difference between the two is not much. For all of the things that I love about this car, the common thing that everybody does not like is the acceleration. You're buying an $25,000 Impreza, not a McLaren MP4 or even an Impreza WRX or an STi. Of course there's gonna be an obvious acceleration issue. The way I look at it is that it's a trade-off for the all-wheel drive that will be more than useful during the winter months. Besides, 36+ mpg on an all-wheel drive vehicle? I'll take that any day of the week. I've hit 38.4 mpg on a 200 mile drive with the cruise on, and that's even with hitting the gas to get through traffic more than a few times. Everybody's second complaint is the stereo. The package I had came with a double-DIN sized stereo with HD Radio built in. It's adequate at best, but I won't waste time and space reviewing this since you can easily upgrade the stereo for $200-300 at your local electronics store. The interior itself is somewhat plain. Not something that you'd look inside and go "wow!", but being the entry level Subaru I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the interior. That said, if there was some thing that could be improved, this would be high on my list. There is nothing that I don't like about this car, but there is some room for improvement."

Great WRX

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive and Fast!!!!"

Cons: "Transmission needs work. Needs to be smoother!!!!"

"The WRX is a very Fun car to drive. Very reliable. The power from the 2.5L turbo charged Boxter Motor is very responsive and quick. When you need to go it will go!!! The only bad thing I will have to say is the transmission 5spd. It is very difficult to shift from 2 to 3rd at times. Not very smooth for having a car costing $30k and built in 2013. Other than that the car is very impressive to look at and is a fun car to drive from day to day and weekend driving."

2013 Impreza WRX Plasma Blue Sedan

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "AWD, performance, different, quality, roomy, safe"

Cons: "Factory speakers"

Aggressive, without looking immature.

"I chose my WRX because I felt like it was the most car I could possibly get for the money. I test drove everything- the BRZ/FR-S, the Focus ST, the Civic SI and a bunch of others. How can anyone complain about the gas mileage of an AWD sports car with 260 HP... It gets 18-25 MPG and I average about 23 without sacrificing any fun. I used to care about MPG until I test drove this. It's 20$ more per fill up than my old 2009 Focus, and let me tell you, the smiles per miles are much higher! To my surprise, my insurance only went up 15$ and I'm 22. It's always raining here and I don't fear puddles, this car is planted to the ground. It's very smooth and solid, not too stiff like the other cars and road noise is not an issue. Interface is very simple & the A/C is amazing. I no longer get taken advantage of by traffic and merging on the highway is a breeze. High speeds do not phase this car, it is smooth even at 100+. You don't see many of these and if people aren't asking me what it is, they are otherwise revving their engines at me, haha! I wanted a car that I wouldn't get tired of & everyday it makes me smile. Enjoy life, driving is a privilege but it definitely doesn't have to be mundane!"

Aggressive, without looking immature.

Best college car ever!

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Good mpg great seats and love the Bluetooth"

Cons: "$$, needs lockable trunk, need standard camera"

"I just got my Impreza premium for my graduation and I was thrilled. I need that AWD for going back and forth to my college and home and with the bad winters we have this was the perfect choice. My favorite thing is Bluetooth phone and audio streaming so i never have to plug my phone in again to hear my music on the highway and with the new law banning talking on the cell while driving this is great. The seat are really nice and conform to your body making a 2hr drive to the capital a breeze. Also for a compact car the rear legroom is awesome all my friends are really tall and they still have plenty room back there for the carpooling. I wish they would have a touch screen standard on the premium models for the price. But all in all a great car!"

Great design/real improve over prior years

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, interior"

Cons: "Mileage, stock speakers"

"The good: This is my first Subaru. I cross shopped the Elantra GT, Mazda3 and Ford Focus and choose the Subaru, because of the space inside and interior feel on the limited. Overall I've been very happy with the car. Reliability has been great with zero issues. The leather in the limited trim seems to wear well with proper car. At low speed traffic the car really feels low geared and peppy. No one mentions this, but the suspension really soaks up bumps and uneven pavement. The result? A quiet smooth ride IMHO. The Bad: I ordered my Marine Blue from a local dealer in Sep. 2012 and took delivery in Dec. 2012. Hopefully this is not happening to people now, but Subaru underestimated interest (big time!). Gas mileage has been just average. I've gotten 24-27 in town depending on how I drive. Mileage on the highway is great and is easily 34-36. There's a bit more sway and lean when cornering (fix with bigger sway bar set?). While not unusable the stereo is pretty bad. The good thing is that the speaker upgrade is simple and straight forward."