2012 Subaru Impreza

8.0

Based on 54 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Decent car for the price!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good car, good value and reliability!"

Cons: "Lacks power, sportiness and refined interior"

"To be fair to anybody who reads this review I want to make clear I don't own this car. However, my significant other does and we trade off driving it from time to time. Now, with that said I do like the car. The interior is simple if a bit plain. The exterior is reminiscent of the Honda Fit but more curved and sloped (I like that). The ride is comfortable as are the seats. Subaru finally made their seats comfy. The drive is underwhelming. Most car companies have found a way to make their CVT's shift smoothly and quietly or come up with new ways to boost traditional engine power and efficiency (see Mazda Sky-active Tech), Subaru has failed in this regard with the Impreza. The car is loud and noisy at low gears and the CVT does not seem to want to shift when one expects it would. When it does shift the change is noticeable and harsh. However, the CVT does seem to give the car some extra umph at low gears and on the freeway (a definite need for an AWD car). I should not fail to mention it comes with a decent batch of standard features. But for young car enthusiast it seems to lack the finishing touches. The speaker system is subpar (I'm being generous) and the ride leaves a lot to be desired. The interior layout, while fine, is a bit bland. The metal colored interior appears fake and the controls are utilitarian. But hey, unlike the Subaru Forester, at least it comes with a black interior. All in all, not a bad car but not close to great either. Addendum: My loyalty to Subaru (I drove them when I was younger) probably makes me rate this car higher than I should. But what can I say? I am a sentimentalist."

I have owned 3 subarues this one by far the best.I

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Its more than fun to drive,"

Cons: "Yes it has 4"

"I love the dual transmison and anti skid control, It went through 12 inches of snow and sleet ( no problem ) I have kept it in mint condition including oil changes etc. You could eat off the engine."

Decent car, hard to love, hard to dislike

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Smooth on highway, roomy, overall good design"

Cons: "Noisy, terrible sound system, needs 6th gear"

"Sometimes you get what you pay for. This is a reasonable car for a reasonable price. It is "ultilitarian" - will go in any weather and will be mechanically reliable. It is roomy and comfortable. It feels glued to the payment and although not speedy, quick emough. So, what's not to like? The sound system is atrocious - not sure why, as a few more dollars in price would probably not chased away buyers? The manual transmission needs a 6th gear. It is great on country roads, but a little "clumsy" in the City. It is less fun to drive than car #2 Mazda3 Sport, and less of a highway cruiser than car #3 Subabru Legacy - but I really do like the Impreza."

Great MPG

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Comfortable, spacious, hands free"

Cons: "Price, Weak acceleration,"

"I get 29 mpg on city streets and about 37-40 mpg on highways. The car handles great and is well worth the money, especially if you live anywhere where it snows a significant amount. The one major downside of the car is that it lacks pep. Acceleration is pretty slow when trying to reach highway speeds. I've had some issues with the car starting right away, but I've had it checked and apparently nothing is wrong..."

very impressed with my subaru

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "mpgs, snow beast, etc."

"I have owned the car for about a year now. I was happy with it all along but a few months back a couple of heavy snows (heavy for us) hit Birmingham AL and that is when the car really earned its keep. I couldn't of been happier with its performance and can honestly say that it never lost traction unless i made it. I was going up hills 4x4s were stuck on. I recommend the car because it has incredible versatility and good mpg. great on the highway. I can squeeze 38-40 mpg out of it on an all highway trip. My 2 complaints about the vehicle is #1 i have and 6 month old little girl and with her rear facing car seat in the back, it doesn't leave much leg room for front seat passenger, and #2 its a little lacking on power but will do whatever you ask with encouragement and it does not hold it back what so ever. Hope this was helpfull. Thanks for your time"

See if you qualify for