2012 Subaru Impreza

8.1

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Absolutely love my Subaru Impreza

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "AWD, Ride comfort, Nice interiors"

Cons: "acceleration could be improved, Lower end torque."

"This is my first Subaru Impreza (Hatchback) switching from over 10 years of three mazda 3. I am so happy that I switched, not that anything against Mazda 3, that is also a great car, (except in snow) but for the symmetrical AWD in Subaru is totally impressive. Subaru Impreza is truly a fun to drive car especially in snow and when it is actually snowing, one can drive through like a breeze when others struggle on the road. Driving dynamics is unmatched in this class and hence I have fallen with Subaru brand. I will never go back to Mazda or other brands. Very spacious passenger rear leg room and with the appropriate tire pressure suggested, the suspensions are really very nice and soft sufficient enough to feel the comfort while sporty enough to drive faster. Nice interior quality with soft plastic. I used to hate snow driving, but now I enjoy it. Very reliable car with snow maneuvering."

sturdy car - I like it!

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "sturdy, good looking, safe"

Cons: "seats could have +lumbar support, eh windshield"

"I've got the Sport Limited with all the bells and whistles. 17" tires, moonroof, touchscreen/navigation, R/V cam, leather, etc. It's my first new car & my 2nd subaru. >>>>>>>> Compared to my old manual GTI, the Ru was a little sluggish at first, but I have noticed it's a bit peppier recently. Although, nothing that feels like it'll get away from you. >>>>>>>> Coming from a custom audio system, the "stock" sound system here isn't great, but with a few EQ tweaks, it's better. >>>>>>>> I like the integration/connectivity and have had no problems with that, using both Nokia and iOS devices. I bought a 2' USB cord and just keep it plugged in, so I can access it whenever. >>>>>>>> The leather is nice and doesn't show much wear at all in the first year. Non-smoker, no kids, and no pets, so I'm pretty easy on interiors, though. >>>>>>>> I wish the front seats had more lumbar & neck curve support. I'm coming from Forester seats which were the ULTIMATE in comfort. The back seats are REALLY comfortable. >>>>>>>> The windsheield "splays" farther lights at night. Has since the first night I bought it (brand new). Wish that wasn't the case. I had just replaced the windshield in my old Ru, solely for that reason. Plus, the windshield does seem to "nick" easier than other cars I've owned. >>>>>>>> But, those are my only two real complaints. All else is great! Have hit a few big potholes over the year that I was sure would cause major damage and so far, no flat tires or alignment issues. >>>>>>>> I do wish the roof rails came with cross bars, even basic ones, as my old subaru did. Otherwise, they just cause extra drag and reduced MPG. I do like how they look, though. >>>>>>>> My average MPG isn't close to 36 (or 30, for that matter), but I do mostly very short, city drives, and even am usually only on the highway for a few exits. When I have taken long drives, the car (& my calculations) confidently report 30+ MPG. >>>>>>>> Interestingly, I drove a friend's who was almost exactly the same age, but not a Sport Limited, and mine did feel a teensey bit "tighter" on the curves. I believe there are a few mm's difference between come component that aids this. >>>>>>>> While there may be other cars with better audio or better pick-up, I'm quite happy with my Impreza, as it satisfies all my needs and is safe, to boot. It feels good to drive and fits my stuff without extra wasted space."

Don't trust CVT system/bring back TRUE manuals!!

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Safety,exterior,reliability, gas mileage 4 AWD"

Cons: "CVT & interior quality"

"My 3rd Subaru (: Currently have a(hatchback)Sport Limited w/ GREAT sound system (maybe due to it being a Limited), handling remains awesome, & space is decent for size. Noticed a decent # of people don't realize what AWD equals: LESS gas mileage. Gas mileage is actually REALLY GOOD for being AWD & of it's collision quality standards. For snow & rain: AWD handles better than any other. Live in WA, so AWD is more important than a minute MPG difference for it's class size. Also, Subaru is 1 of the safest cars (if not safest!) when compared to others same size; research it's side impact test results/scores (: **Subarus hold their resale value well for a reason** BUT, I HOPE SUBARU GETS RID OF OR PERFECTS THEIR CVT concept; think it messes up the transmission. I am noticing a "whine" & TERRIBLE auto shifting when I use it..Have driven many manuals over 20 years & am now afraid to use this car's CVT system. ADVICE TO CORPORATE: PLEASE BRING BACK THE TRUE MANUALS & PLEASE ALSO REFOCUS ON INTERIOR QUALITY!! Otherwise, I won't have a 4th Subaru.. ):"

Worse car to own EVER!!!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "none"

Cons: "cons??? everything... this car is terrible"

"I have owned a total of 17 cars in my life and the 2014 Subaru hatchback impreza was the only Subaru that I have owned. I never thought twice because their reputation is solid. However this is the biggest hunk of junk I have ever seen. To start... in 3 months I have had 4 flat tires... two at once! I went over the smallest of potholes and you get an immediate flat. I am by no means a fast driver either. When I went to a tire place I was told these types of tires do that. There is nothing to them and they blow out at the smallest bump... 340.00 per tire later... The car also has such a delay in shifting. This is not ok for a brand new 26,000 car! I brought it to my dealership twice thinking its a bad transmission and I have been told both times its the car design, not the transmission... um okay... also if you drive it in snow... which living in Mass is why I bought it... well you can't. Snow builds up in the tire rimes and after 30 MPH the car shakes so bad its scary to drive. I brought my car to the dealership and was again told its the design there's nothing wrong with the car... um actually there's a lot wrong with this car! the jack for the ipod in tucked deep in the arm rest in between the two front seats. Yeah who ever thought of that was a genius. you literally have to pull over to plug in your ipod. really poor gas mileage. I average about 25 miles per gallon... when I bought the car I was told 35. This is the worst car I have ever owned. oh and not to mention... the car is 13 months old and its worth only half what I paid for it... so much for Subaru's keeping their value... stay away from this car... go with a Mazda 3... cheaper and a much better car. I miss mine..."

Impreza are impresive

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"this car is amazing am sad because I have to get rid of it but yeah great, gas milage, is fast, responsive in general Subaru is an amazing car."