2012 Subaru Impreza

8.2

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Subaru stands by their quality... BUT

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "mpgs, awd, stereo, handling, paddle shifters"

Cons: "engine HP, CVT transmission, road noise"

"This car drives very well. It handles as good as any other car in its class. The horsepower is lacking however. with only 148hp its hardly a sports car. I would like to have seen the brz engine in this car. The interior is solid. You have the option for a premium sound system which I heard was very good. I drive to and from NH/DE which is 7 hours one way and I haven't had any problems with discomfort. MY biggest complaint is the CVT transmission. its sluggish and noisy. It would have been better to have a 6 speed auto, and manual transmission option. My favorite things about the car is the leg room and the trunk space is pretty big. considering this is an AWD vehicle, the MPG are very good. I manage 33mpg while doing 70-75 on the highway. this car is 5 star safety rated across the board and is a very affordable car. This is worth every penny. Subaru maintains its high resale value."

stylish, sporty and reliable

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great cargo space, great in the snow"

Cons: "trunk latching, Bluetooth, headliner pulling away"

"This is my second Subaru- I had owner and loved a 1993 Legacy wagon up until 2003 when I was in an accident. I drove a new Chevy Aveo and a new Kia Soul! between and always missed my Subaru. Finally, I bought my 2013 Subaru Impreza Limited new, fresh from the dealer. It is amazing. The brakes were perfect from day one, it handles like a champ, and feels solid (something I missed in my past two vehicles.) My only complaints are that the trunk doesn't shut well/easily- I have to really slam it to get it to latch correctly, that the upgraded stereo system is not very loud (and I'm not even a loud music person,) and that some of the headliner is pulling away from around the moon roof and windshield (since day one.) Also, the Bluetooth system is much more difficult to use than the ones I've had in the past. The car handles well in the snow (and my driveway is an unpaved, steep, crazy mess! There is a ton of cargo space in a very small footprint (especially with the seats down.)I get great gas milage (32.9 MPG for combined highway/city driving 60 miles a day, 5 days a week.) Overall, just a very nice car."

excellent control when changing lanes or on turns

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "responsive handling, solid feel, great visibility!"

Cons: "noisier at highway speeds, am OK with it"

"I've really enjoyed driving this car since 2012 - found it to be more enjoyable to drive and with greater responsiveness and all-around fun than the BMW 328xi wagon despite costing a whole lot less. Superb zero-40mph acceleration despite not having a big engine... Thin A and B pillars and resultant clear sight-lines are a big contributor to the feeling of control when driving this car. I have used it mostly as a commuter car, but it is awesome when challenged. The hatchback can even carry several pieces of 8' long lumber with rear seat folded and front seat reclined. On a single-lane winding mountain road that I use sometimes, it seems to be more nimble and corner more stably (with greater margin) at the same speed than Audis and BMWs ahead or behind me. Thrilled with it!"

Very quick car.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive"

"Very good handling car. Never driven in snow,sure it would be fine with a good set of snows."

Fast! Fun! Bit cheap on the inside.

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun fun fun"

Cons: "Shoddy interior, poor paint quality"

"If you want a car that has alot of power, good handling on and off the road, and aren't too concerned about the little things then this is the car for you. I Went from a 2009 VW Golf to this and I can say that the quality is by far less superior on the inside. This car is pretty fun to drive, and it is an animal. But as such, you can tell that most of the R&D went into the drivetrain. Inside, although my car is only 3 years old and has under 50K miles, the interior is quickly deteriorating.... the switches and knobs feel cheap. The doors and dash are all made of hard plastic, and just cruising down the freeway you can hear constant creaking and rattling coming from the dash and door panels. My heater vent on the drivers side has completely fallen into the dash (and I have NEVER moved it, just fell in going over a speedbump about a week ago) My passenger side window switch works for rolling it down but dosen't roll the window up... (30,000 miles!?) And I have paint peeling off of my roof in some spots.... But I will say that the driving experience is superb. If you want a car to drive that is fun and exciting, buy a WRX... if you are going to be driving alot, and not in a fun/sporty manner, buy something else. I would buy one again... but only for a toy."