2012 Subaru Impreza

8.2

Based on 88 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

road noise is bad

By on Friday, July 31, 2015

Pros: "handles very well"

Cons: "noisy"

"handles well. Put together well. need more sound insulation. Tires wear too fast."

Best Subaru Yet.... 2012 Impreza Limited Sedan

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Styling, Comfort, Gas Mileage and AWD"

Cons: "No Satellite Radio without Navigation"

"I took delivery of my new Impreza a few weeks ago and I am very happy with the car, everything I expected and more. I like the way it looks and find it very comfortable and fun to drive. The Limited leather interior is really nice looking and there is plenty of room for the Driver and up to 3 passengers. I know some folks criticize the CVT Transmission but I find it to be very pleasant to drive. It seems to keep the relatively small motor in it's comfort zone and delivers fabulous gas mileage. I have been averaging about 35 MPG in mixed driving which is beyond my expectations. I believe it will better the advertised 36 MPG on the highway using cruise control. The Bluetooth Cell Phone connection is a little hokey to figure out, but once the phone is paired the voice quality is excellent; much better than my wife's Mercedes. I was disappointed that my contacts would not transfer, but I have an old cell phone which is probably the reason. My car has a sunroof and it's a very nice option. I am 6'2" and I have plenty of head room even with the sunroof. This is my 3rd Subaru over a 20 year period and this one is by far the best. I looked around quite a bit before deciding on the Impreza and no other car I considered came close to the value offered by Subaru. It's a great vehicle and I highly recommend taking one for a test drive before deciding on which new car you are going to purchase."

Imprezza Limited with Automatic (CVT).

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Uncommon, quality, awd, cult like following, mpg"

Cons: "Rear seat room for large adults would be just okay"

"i just took possessiom a few weeks ago. So far, I have not even the slightest reason to take the car back to the dealer for warranty work. The build quality is perfect. So far, i am getting 31 mpg in mostly city driving. There is almost no engine vibration due to the horizontally opposed boxter engine. Road noise is good, perhaps could be improved a little, but I have no regrets. The car grows on me the more I drive it. The cvt requires some getting used to as it is not a fluid and geared transmission we are all used too. The cvt creates many more "gear" ratios and the reason an awd can get such good mileage. I rarely exceed 2000 rpms under any circumstances since I have learned to wait for the wheel speed to catch up with engine rpms. Again it takes just a few days to get used to cvt....I would not be afraid of this option. My one criticism is the radio sound quality. It is a little tinny and cheap sounding in what is otherwise a very nice car. I will be exploring what can be done including upgrading."

A little disappointed to be honest...

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Price, leg room, AWD"

Cons: "Interior build quality, performance, speakers"

"Before I go out to buy a new vehicle, I read tons of online reviews, ask other owner's opinions, and pick the brains of my mechanics before I make my final decision. I know how useful a heartfelt and in-depth review is to most people. So here we go... I bought my 2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium CVT (hatch) last June, 2013. I had never owned a Subaru until I purchased this vehicle. My main "needs" for purchasing this vehicle: I needed to fit comfortably in the car (I am 6'3"), needed something reliable, needed AWD for NE weather, and needed good gas mileage. I commute 120 miles everyday to and from work. Right now I am just shy of 30,000 miles, so I wanted to give an in-depth owner review. Starting from price paid: I got a pretty decent deal on this car. I showed up to the dealer with no intent of purchasing my Impreza that day. However, they made me an offer I could not refuse for my old Toyota Corolla (which had 245,00 miles on the original motor and transmission and I had ZERO issues with) and shaved quite a bit off the Window Price to make room for the 2014 stock. I did not want this exterior color, or interior color, but like I said the price was just too good to pass up so I sacrificed some of my "wants" for price. My first "need": I am 6'3"; I did not fit well in my old Toyota Corolla. I needed something that was more comfortable for longer rides to accommodate how long of a commute I have. I fit comfortably in this car. The seats are not the best, but they are not the worst either. Added lumbar support would make all the difference. With my seat all the way back, there is still plenty of room in the back seat for other (normal sized) people. In one instance, folding down the rear seats I was able to cut some sheet stock plywood in half and haul that back to my house from the Depot with ease (not bad in my opinion). My second "need": I can't really complain about the reliability at this point. Just shy of 30,000 and there have not been any major issues. I have regularly changed my oil every 3,000 miles. One thing to note, which hasn't posed an issue yet... but it might: This engine burns a LOT of oil. I saw quite a few other reviewers commenting on this as well. Every time that I have changed my oil to date, I have noticed that my car is burning 1 to 1/2 quarts of oil every 3,000 miles. Not sure if this is normal with Subaru's, not ever owning one before. But my old Corolla would spit out whatever you put in it 3,000 miles later. Hopefully this doesn't get worse as my car gets older. My third "need": the AWD in this car is pretty good from what I've thrown at it so far, but I really have not been able to test the true capabilities due to the fact that the tires that come on these rims are absolutely terrible. Do yourself a favor and pick up a nice set of continentals. I did 3/4 of the way through this winter, and I wished I did sooner they make all the difference. With the stock Yokahamas that come on these rims, turning or trying to pull yourself out of 6" of snow is impossible, even with AWD. I drove in a couple dozen snow storms this winter back and forth to work, and I wish I got different tires sooner. With the continentals that I have on it now, I'm pretty sure I could climb the Eifel Tower in this car hahaha My fourth "need": I have averaged 26-29 mpg on this car. In the winter I have seen as low as 24 mpg, and summer high as 32 mpg. Do not go by the gauge on the dash, mine is off my about 3 mpg in either direction. I was hoping that I could get the window advertised gas mileage, but I have not come close. To be honest, I think it is the 2.0 in this car. To get up to highway speeds and maintain 60-80 mph definitely pushes this car to its limits with aggressive highway driving (I have to in my commute, or you might as well get run over). I did not buy this car for performance, but you would think that the EPA ratings would take into account aggressive highway driving into their calculations. I know a couple of other people who get similar mileage as I do and have slightly shorter commutes. I was getting 34 mpg minimum with my old Toyota... I want to touch upon a couple other things with this car that I have noticed: I find that the cup holder arrangement is very odd, considering the armrest goes over one of the cup holders. It is not ergonomically friendly. This is probably not something that you would notice right away, but at 530 am when you are leaving for work, fumbling with your coffee mug can get messy. The stereo is NOT a strong point for this car. One thing about me, I am always listening to music where ever I go, so the fact that Subaru could not get a decent stereo in here is pretty disappointing. The passenger side dash speaker died 2 months into me owning this car, still haven't fixed it yet, I will get around to it eventually. The "upgraded" stereo system does not sound that much better, by the way, and in my opinion is not worth the extra money. Do yourself a favor and get a professional system installed. Don't even bother with the blue tooth... My dashboard is coming loose. This can definitely be attributed to the fact that 90% of Massachusetts roads are garbage and filled with pot holes, but the amount of dashboard noise I have right now is what a 15 year old car should sound like, not a 9 month old car. If you are listening to songs that are bassy you can even hear the pieces of plastic that have broken off shaking around on the inside of the dash. Normally this wouldn't have been that big of a deal for me, but since I drive 120 miles every day this gets pretty annoying fast. There is not as much road noise as everyone else says... The motor in this car is pretty lack-luster. Like I mentioned above, I did not buy this car for its performance. But I would have expected it to be a little peppier considering it is such a small car. If this went back to the 2.5 L that was in the older Impreza's, I'm sure I would be more happy. I was reluctant on buying this vehicle with the CVT. I will say I am very impressed with the CVT transmission. It is seamless going up to speed, and playing with the paddle shifters is fun on back roads. Having the extra 6th "gear" is nice for cruising. I put "gear" in quotations because it technically is just a ratio, not a gear. The paint that Subaru used on the exterior is pretty soft. If you were to take your thumb nail and press it up agains the paint on the car, you would see a mark permanently left there. Overall, I would say that this car is a solid car that meets my needs (generally). From this post, you can probably tell that I am getting into the nit picky, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. It is definitely not the most high quality vehicle you can buy, but it will get you from point A to point B with minimal issues. To be honest, I don't know if I would buy another Subaru, just because the interior build quality is so terrible. If this car actually got the advertised window MPG, I would probably be a happy customer. Its the little things that add up with this one... I think next vehicle I am just going to buy another Toyota."

Smart, Practical, Fun

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "MPG improvement, AWD, comfortable interior"

Cons: "CVT is not yet perfect"

"After more than four months of ownership (Premium hatchback), I still get a kick out of this car. It's plenty quick (we have the CVT) and smooth, handles precisely, provides great 360-degree visibility, and has a peaceful interior. It's comfortable, uncluttered, and spacious for a compact. Plenty of storage spaces, too. Wind and engine noise are minimal, road noise can become noticeable on some surfaces. The sound system is about average for the class, which means it's a big step forward for a Subaru. Storage space in the back is ample, and with the rear seats folded flat, you can stow a lot of stuff. The seats are comfortable and have tons of adjustment. Buff books and enthusiasts moan about the CVT, but it's better than most automatic transmissions. When you need power, it's there. It's not perfect yet, but Subaru has already issued two updates to the programming to improve performance. We're quite happy with it as it is, and it will only get better. We've been averaging about 32 mpg around town, and up to 34.5 in mostly-highway driving, even in the mountains. The Impreza has no trouble crossing the Continental Divide, at 11,000 feet, at 70 mph. My wife and I opted for the moonroof/alloy wheels/winter package. We enjoy them at least as much as we expected. Fit and finish seem excellent; the doors open and close with little effort. All that makes it comparable to, if not superior to, most other compacts. But the Impreza adds AWD, and in snow country, that puts it way above the competition."

Excellent overall value!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, reliability, safety, handling, brakes"

Cons: "Noisy at highway speed"

"Bought the 2.0 Sport Limited a month ago and really like it. Fuel economy is in low 30's in mixed driving. Handling is superb in dry and wet conditions, and brakes are strong with great pedal feel. Can be noisy at HW speed, but it is comparable to other cars in this class I had tested. Great cargo space and comfortable interior. Power is adequate, but it feels peppy in real driving. Don't read magazine articles that criticize the power, these people are more concerned about power and 0-60 times than the things that make a car what it is. This car is an excellent buy for a family, it was the best choice for mine after testing Corollas, Civics, Cruze, Elantra, Focus, etc. Test drive this car if you are in the market for a compact, you won't be disappointed!"

Everything I thought it would be, however...

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great mileage for an AWD"

Cons: "stereo seems minimal, somewhat boring interior"

"As reluctant as I was to trade in my 2009 Audi A4, I wanted something newer and with a little better gas mileage since I do a ton of traveling for work. The Impreza Limited fit the bill for what I was looking for. Two things I didn't want to give up was the heated leather seats and all-wheel drive. Since I previously owned two Subarus (a 2000 Forester and a 2009 Legacy), I knew the all-wheel drive would be top-notch and almost unstoppable in the PA winters. The interior is definitely roomy and could comfortably (very important word here) seat 5 adults. The handling is much better than expected and is very stiff and hugs the corners around sharp turns, something I was afraid of losing when I traded my Audi. I'm not comparing the two vehicles, but the difference between the two is not much. For all of the things that I love about this car, the common thing that everybody does not like is the acceleration. You're buying an $25,000 Impreza, not a McLaren MP4 or even an Impreza WRX or an STi. Of course there's gonna be an obvious acceleration issue. The way I look at it is that it's a trade-off for the all-wheel drive that will be more than useful during the winter months. Besides, 36+ mpg on an all-wheel drive vehicle? I'll take that any day of the week. I've hit 38.4 mpg on a 200 mile drive with the cruise on, and that's even with hitting the gas to get through traffic more than a few times. Everybody's second complaint is the stereo. The package I had came with a double-DIN sized stereo with HD Radio built in. It's adequate at best, but I won't waste time and space reviewing this since you can easily upgrade the stereo for $200-300 at your local electronics store. The interior itself is somewhat plain. Not something that you'd look inside and go "wow!", but being the entry level Subaru I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the interior. That said, if there was some thing that could be improved, this would be high on my list. There is nothing that I don't like about this car, but there is some room for improvement."

An exceptional vehicle, lacking some niceties

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, safe, handling, mpg, practical, price"

Cons: "few ammenities, road noise"

"Ok, so I have read most of the reviews, seen the pros and cons, and I have to say I think Subarus are WAY under-rated. My previous vehicle was a Toyota Supra turbo... beautiful vehicle with incredible handling and comfortable design. And costly, something I could not take out in inclement weather, terrible gas mileage and not practical for getting around town or carrying anything more than groceries or 1 other passenger. This is my first Subaru, but I have been around people who have owned them for decades. The warranty covers more than most (your 10yr/100k covers so little and is non-transferrable for example), extended warranties are very well priced, they are notoriously reliable, safe, practical and I already know I can trust my Impreza in a pinch in any situation. Some may say "AWD is fine for bad weather, but otherwise just more gas and more maintenance"... but they don't know what they're talking about. Subaru's get better gas mileage than anything in its class and comparable to most 2WD systems. The symmetrical AWD system of the Subaru takes less components and are proven to need less maintenance. And I have been in so many situations on dry road, in good conditions where I used to wish I had AWD, if only to better avoid bad drivers, road hazards, have more confidence on the road, etc. My Supra was great for that in optimal conditions. My Subaru is great in ALL conditions. My friend got a Hyundai Sonata with a bunch of features... I admit I wish the Subarus had a few more luxuries... but mostly I hear people talk about how they hardly use those features. And people ask "when do you really need AWD??" If you have to ask that question, then you really don't understand the value of a great AWD system, and probably won't until it is too late. It may be just that ONE time you need that makes it more than worth it. But likely its just the ability to drive confidently in any weather, go camping at REAL campsites, be more able to respond to unknowns, or simply knowing your loved ones are safer that makes it the right decision. So it does cost more to get the Symmetrical AWD and you lose a few features... from my experience driving just about eveything but the priciest vehicles, you get at least as good handling, reliability, and safey as an Audi, lose some luxury features, less quiet cabin, and save around $15k, more affordable upkeep, and great resale value. Don't get me wrong... I have driven the Sonata and Corolla and they are fine cars... I am just glad I don't have to drive them anymore. I liked some additional features in the Sonota and the Corolla runs well and is reliable. But maybe because my experience in cars has been sport cars previously, I felt afraid to drive them down the road , especially on the highway. When you know the difference, you can feel what these cars CAN'T do. If you've seen them in accidents, you know what you WANT them to do. That, to me, is more than worth a few more bucks for great AWD system and better safety. A lot folks I know who work overseas in various posts prefer Subarus as well, knowing wherever they go they'll have minimal vehicle issues and can get out of Dodge if need be!"

Impressive Impreza

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

"Very Impressed so far. I like the car a lot, and I was not sure I would at first. It handles very very well in NYC traffic and takes potholes like a champ. For its size, it feels like a larger car and is comfortable for my backseaters as well. The cargo capacity and flexibility of the hatchback are great. My only complaint would be the road noise is elevated over some other similar cars, but it is not deafening and does not really bother me. I have to agree with some of the other posters that this car and Subaru in general are severely under rated. The simplicity and functional design of the interior and exterior are a plus to me, not a minus."

All I wanted: AWD, small, good mileage

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Awd, comfortable to drive, roomy"

Cons: "Pricey compare to same class"

"I tested drive a civil, corolla and the. Impreza. As a new driver who's living at area with a lot of snow This is exactly what I looking for. I like how the wheel and brake feels. I was try to cut a few thousands and buy the civic but after reconsideration I took the impreza because all wheel drive make me feel more secure to drive in winter time that we have a lot of snow. The car is small but surprisingly roomy. My husband is 6'2" and always a ford explorer fans but even he's big and still can comfortably drive this car. I'm very pleased with it and loving this car"

Best All Around Vehicle you can Buy

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "great on gas AWD and sporty"

Cons: "not in everyone's sight and should be"

"There is no other car out there that is sporty AWD, can fit all you stuff in the back and get 35+ MPG. The cost to own this car is amazing and it keeps getting better. The price point is great for what you get. Its something different not on everyone's radar but if you are looking for a new small car seriously consider the new Impreza. I bought my wife the Sport limited model and every day she tells me how much she loves it and i love it too. i have had many cars over the years, of many different brands usually Luxury Sedans and i am considering buying myself a matching one for me."

Great design/real improve over prior years

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, interior"

Cons: "Mileage, stock speakers"

"The good: This is my first Subaru. I cross shopped the Elantra GT, Mazda3 and Ford Focus and choose the Subaru, because of the space inside and interior feel on the limited. Overall I've been very happy with the car. Reliability has been great with zero issues. The leather in the limited trim seems to wear well with proper car. At low speed traffic the car really feels low geared and peppy. No one mentions this, but the suspension really soaks up bumps and uneven pavement. The result? A quiet smooth ride IMHO. The Bad: I ordered my Marine Blue from a local dealer in Sep. 2012 and took delivery in Dec. 2012. Hopefully this is not happening to people now, but Subaru underestimated interest (big time!). Gas mileage has been just average. I've gotten 24-27 in town depending on how I drive. Mileage on the highway is great and is easily 34-36. There's a bit more sway and lean when cornering (fix with bigger sway bar set?). While not unusable the stereo is pretty bad. The good thing is that the speaker upgrade is simple and straight forward."

lots of zip

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "It's not a luxury car, but who cares?!"

"I love driving this car! It has a lot of unexpected zip for a 4 cyl vehicle, goes like a tank through the snow, and gets amazing gas mileage. The features are abundant and easy to use, the heated plush seats are such a comfort, and the interior space is larger than one might think. It's easy to see why this car is so highly rated."

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great all around car (good MPH)"

Cons: "good MPG = lower power :-("

"I love the way this car drive, feels, and looks. The only thing I really want more is a more stylistic dashboard with a slightly more fashonable control pannel (but that is just me). I completly recomend this car, and I can go anywhere and do anything with it. BTW Great for pets owners!!!!"

Good overall vehicle, has some quirks...

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "AMAZING handling/traction...WOW"

Cons: "Little power..really,noisy on freeway,jerky CVT"

"Subaru's are synonymous with where we live in Northern Nevada. So after moving there a few years ago, and needing a new car after our old one died, we decided to go with the Impreza. We opted for the fully loaded Sport Premium 5dr, because it had some things we've never had before like leather, heated seats, and CVT transmission etc... the car has been well... ok. -First the Negatives- Our old car (2003 Mitsubishi Galant)had more power than this one has new. Granted, it was a 2.4liter and only front wheel drive, but I miss it going uphills and merging on the freeway. A lot. This car does NOT have power, which you'll notice right off on the test drive. Another negative, which I never really considered, is road noise. Pretty loud on the freeway. Everywhere else is fine. The last negative for me is, the CVT. I realize it always is in the right gear ratio for fuel economy etc, however it has this jerkiness that if you've never felt before could be a problem. PAY ATTENTION during the test drive. It's not a huge issue, however it IS something I've had to get used to. There ARE positives though, the fuel economy is great, especially on the freeway. I keep it at 65-70, REALLY. However I'm not certain the in town fuel estimates are correct. It seems to only get somewhere around the low 20's (22-25 maybe?) The traction and handling is AMAZING and really where this car SHINES. You have to drive it around corners and interstate interchanges to believe it. On the freeway interchanges, you can literally take the recommended 35-40mph and add 20-25mph NO KIDDING! Its really amazing. It has performed in the snow and ice as expected. This fact alone gives me a peace of mind with my family driving around in it. Overall, the car is great FOR WHERE WE LIVE. If you live in a place that snows in winter and traction/stability/handling are paramount, this is definitely your rig.- hopefully my review answers some or all of your questions."

Great overall car - Sport Premium CVT

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "style, MPGs, AWD, base options"

Cons: "highway road noise, bluetooth clarity"

factory installed subwoofer in cargo area, removable to access spare tire

"I've had this car for about a year and drive it in all weather conditions: lots of snow, lots of rain, lots of good weather. I have yet to get this car stuck and I tried during the first 8" snow we got last year. All the people who claim the MPGs are poor don't know how to drive. I constantly get 30 mpg average and it would be higher if I did more highway driving. The MPGs do go down a bit in colder weather but not enough to whine about. I drive quick/fast and still get good gas mileage. The power is slightly lacking until you learn to "punch it" and let the CVT do it's magic. You can't drive it like a regular or manual transmission. Gas pedal position = acceleration percentage, then you have to keep it there. It is more quick than fast, but with a 9 second 0-60, it's not going to win any races. Interior - pure function here. No issues on quality or durability. The heated seat option is priceless in cold weather. The side mirrors are great so therefore small (if any) blind spots. Upgrade the speakers as the stock ones aren't very good. There is a hidden option on the stock stereo called "through mode" that will improve the sound quality at higher volumes. If you like the look and want the reliability combined with decent power and above-class MPGs, this really is a great combination where you can have it all."

factory installed subwoofer in cargo area, removable to access spare tire

Oil burner

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Reason: using oil 1 quart at only 1300 miles.

Pros: "IT goes in the snow,good power,good gas mileage."

Cons: "oil burner."

"If it did not use oil I would have kept it.The new 2.0 motors,are having some problems acording to dealer, other people are complaining about this.Some are fine but other's are not,it just kept getting worse first 1 quart at 4300 miles,then 2000 miles, then 1300 miles.I would not get the 2.0 motor until they fix this problem.One more thing if you look in your owners book under oil it say's they do not consider oil usage bad unless it's 1 quart in 1200 miles."

Great car, utility, safety, quality car

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "Solid, Solid, Solid car"

"I have put 10k on this car and I am very impressed. My wife owns a 2008 forester and I liked her car so much that when it came time for me to get a new car I had to look at subaru. Because of the awd this brand feels and is so solidly planted on the ground more so than any other car I have driven. I owned the 2008 mercury sable awd before this car and I am amazed at how this car handles and feels as solid as a much larger car. To many people try to compare this car to a focus or elantra etc in terms of fuel economy, interior and exterior design, and over all value. If you like your cars to look like a space ship inside and like to feel like your in a coup with poor visibility, this is not your car. I personally like the interior design of my previous sable and other cars like it( the new impreza). A more clean look without the oddly shaped vents, plastic trim and accent pieces, and over all futuristic style. This impreza feels planted to the ground like an suv, gets the same gas milage as the focus , has a simple upscale feel inside, and is just an amazing car that for me has it all. Quality, reliability, fuel efficiency , awd, and with the limited model , luxury. If you want these things take a good look at the impreza. If you want a cheap, poorly put together, rat trap and overly estimated mpgs, check out the Hyundai elantra. . There is a reason why Toyota, Honda , and Subaru have the most loyal customers in the industry. And it's not because there the least expensive and most stylish."

Decent car, hard to love, hard to dislike

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Smooth on highway, roomy, overall good design"

Cons: "Noisy, terrible sound system, needs 6th gear"

"Sometimes you get what you pay for. This is a reasonable car for a reasonable price. It is "ultilitarian" - will go in any weather and will be mechanically reliable. It is roomy and comfortable. It feels glued to the payment and although not speedy, quick emough. So, what's not to like? The sound system is atrocious - not sure why, as a few more dollars in price would probably not chased away buyers? The manual transmission needs a 6th gear. It is great on country roads, but a little "clumsy" in the City. It is less fun to drive than car #2 Mazda3 Sport, and less of a highway cruiser than car #3 Subabru Legacy - but I really do like the Impreza."

5-door Sport Premium = Infatuation

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Price, AWD, looks sharp"

Cons: "Missing nice-to-haves"

"KBB reviews are spot-on; it's fuel efficient, looks great, handles well. The interior is plain, and I immediately noticed the absence of cool little compartments to stash lip balm, change, dental floss, etc. (my '01 Forester had tons). I'm getting at least the advertised MPGs, usually a little better based on 50/50 driving city/highway. Perhaps driving style is affecting those unhappy owners' results. I dislike the red back-lit instrument panel at night. For me, it's difficult to see. An engine this size with auto transmission is less than exciting (after driving manual for 35 years). Overall, I'm falling in love slowly (I loooooooved my '01 Forester and cried when it passed on)."

Great MPG

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Comfortable, spacious, hands free"

Cons: "Price, Weak acceleration,"

"I get 29 mpg on city streets and about 37-40 mpg on highways. The car handles great and is well worth the money, especially if you live anywhere where it snows a significant amount. The one major downside of the car is that it lacks pep. Acceleration is pretty slow when trying to reach highway speeds. I've had some issues with the car starting right away, but I've had it checked and apparently nothing is wrong..."

This Impreza cuts through the snow so well.

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Really fun to drive"

Cons: "I can't think of any cons!"

"I love driving in the snow as I can pass all the slowpokes!"

Best college car ever!

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Good mpg great seats and love the Bluetooth"

Cons: "$$, needs lockable trunk, need standard camera"

"I just got my Impreza premium for my graduation and I was thrilled. I need that AWD for going back and forth to my college and home and with the bad winters we have this was the perfect choice. My favorite thing is Bluetooth phone and audio streaming so i never have to plug my phone in again to hear my music on the highway and with the new law banning talking on the cell while driving this is great. The seat are really nice and conform to your body making a 2hr drive to the capital a breeze. Also for a compact car the rear legroom is awesome all my friends are really tall and they still have plenty room back there for the carpooling. I wish they would have a touch screen standard on the premium models for the price. But all in all a great car!"

Great AWD value

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "good handling"

Cons: "CVT noise"

"Car has lived up to all my expectations. Ride and handling are solid and fuel economy has been between 26 and 41 mpg. CVT noise is a drawback but not a major problem. Seats are very comfortable even on long trips. Interior is spacious."

Best I ever had!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great utility and fun!"

Cons: "Stereo system needs to be updated"

"This has been by far my favorite vehicle. I have owned close to 20 different cars and trucks through the years and nothing has this combination of utility and sport. Many have suggested upgrading the stock performance on this car but even at stock this car will out perform 80% of the vehicles on and off the road! If you do decide to modify the car... Well some of the Porsches and BMWs that I have owned would not hold a candle to it in a modified form! But by far my favorite concept is its utility. I do not go to the track on a regular basis and I have a family this car fits into that category wonderfully (with plenty of acceleration running errands)."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next