2009 Subaru Impreza

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

2008 WRX STi : Best Car I have owned

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Quick Acceleration, sharp handling, reliable, FUN"

Cons: "Paint chips easily"

"Let me say first, Ive owned 2 other vehicles in my lifetime. A 2001 BMW 330ci, and a 2011 mustang gt 5.0, and hands down this is my favorite car. Ive owned this car for roughly 2 years now, and roughly 12,000 miles. In this short span, this car has seen driven me through blizzards, up dirt roads, and through heavy rain storms, and never once made me feel incapable of making it there. The awd system is amazing and the DCCD the STI comes with is amazing. This car still brings a smile to my face every morning when I start it(maybe its the Invidia exhuast with that beautiful boxer motor). And the best part, everything is built to last. I have two dogs, am an avid snowboarder and cyclist and one would have no clue by looking at the interior of this car. The seats and inside of the doors are flawless, and this is after many a trip. If I were to find one flaw with this car, and this is me really being nit picky, it is the paint. I dont know why, but boy oh boy, the paint chips easily. If I had any advise to a new subaru owner, it is to get the front of the car covered in a clear bra."

Generic looking and behind times

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "fair price for an all wheel drive car."

Cons: "feels cheap and not very comfortable, many returns"

"The only good thing about this car is it has all wheel drive.Other than that you can lose it in a parking lot due to it's generic looks. It lacks behind in electronic technology by a good 5 years or more compared to even lower priced cars. This is the 2nd one I have owned only because we need all wheel drive in the winter here. Can't wait for the lease to end soon. When i get out of my Volvo S60 and get into the Subaru I really notice how cheap the Subaru feels. Also had to have many repairs done like sticking caliber, wheel bearing, broken suspension, ect. all within the first 2 and 1/2 years"

2009 impreza 2.5i base/ great car

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "amazing in any weather condition"

Cons: "bit small"

"i bought this car October of 2011. i loved the car from the moment i first turned the key. i was 18 when i bought the car and im now 20. its the longest i have owned any vehicle. but i have to say that subaru love is real. i live in wisconsin so a car that can handle the snow, mud and gravel roads is a must. this car take every single thing you throw at it. i cant say i often drove my car nicely. the car has plenty of power for being naturally aspirated. the car handled the snow and ice amazingly. i never got stuck. in fact a few times i pulled trucks out of the ditch. just over all amazing car"

Zippy compact, great road handling, good headroom

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Better than advertised freeway MPG, 30-35 MPG"

Cons: "Metro driving, stop and go, short hop 20-22 MPG"

"Solid handling at freeway speeds no matter what the weather. I get between 30-35 MPG on rolling freeways. Stop and go metro city driving is a different story at 20-22 MPG. The car has great headroom, but the legroom/knee room is tight for 6'4" person. Small trunk, but still fits golf clubs or suitcases for travel."

Subaru for life

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, easy acceleration, AWD"

Cons: "Ground clearance, sub par radio"

"I've had this car for 6 years and not one complaint. She still drives like she just left the dealer and hasn't needed a single repair other than typical maintenance visits. Subaru makes a quality car that will last and last. I debate constantly about getting a newer model but I haven't found a single reason to give up mine yet. She's got plenty of pickup and accelerates easily which is helpful in busy areas when you need to get onto a fast moving highway. The all wheel drive makes winters on the east coast more manageable. The only grievance I have ( and it's a minor one) is that I wish this car weren't so low to the ground. Potholes can do a number and I have to be weary of puddles in the flood prone areas. But this is an issue all standard cars will encounter. Ground clearance is a must have on my next vehicle. Overall, I love this car and I could never own another brand again. I'm a subaru trekker for life."

See if you qualify for