2009 Subaru Impreza

Based on 291 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

I love my ride

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation."

Cons: "None to speak of."

"I's a Subaru."

Best car I ever owned

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Great value, hugs the road"

Cons: "Overdrive kicks in too soon"

"The car is still great after 7 years! My dealership is great, the car is as close to maintenance free as possible. All wheel drive wonderful."

Solid transportation.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "4-wheel drive; reliability"

Cons: "Outdated 4-speed transmission."

"The Subaru Imprezza has been a reliable car for four people. The seats are comfortable on long trips and the luggage area is spacious with the aspect of a small wagon. I chose the Imprezza because I wanted a four-wheel-drive car, not an SUV, because of better driving dynamics. The design is good with a few quirks: the 4-speed automatic was outdated when the car was new, and the motor sticks out so far ahead of the wheels that the front bumper scrapes parking barriers. Mileage is 20-22 in town and 26-28 on the road. I have no hesitation in recommending this car."

Solid Commuter Car, but Noisy

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "All wheel drive!"

Cons: "Rattles, rattles, rattles"

"I drive this car every day as a commuter. I average 26 MPG and travel the majority of the time on the highway. I have had no major mechanical issues since I bought the car in November 2009. The only thing I don't like about this and every other Subaru I own (currently 3), is that it is a noisy car on the highway. After about the first year, the car developed a series of annoying rattles. I have gone to great lengths to identify, locate, and eliminate the noises and have had some success. Even with the noises I have no regrets buying this car. I have definately gotten my money's worth. I am the only person on my block that wasn't stranded during the blizzard we had in 2010! That has to be worth something."

Performance Value

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair Price and extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Cabin quality need improvement, road noise"

"As the title states, this car is a great value for the performance it has to offer. It has great handling capabilities and will not hesitate to reach high speeds. The ride comfort is very smooth, sometimes its hard to know how fast your actually going without looking at the speedometer. Gas mileage could be better but, when you buy a small turbo vehicle I am sure gas mileage is not a concern. interior is comfortable and spacious for a smaller vehicle. Quality of the interior is fair enough. Road noise in the cabin does get to be annoying when driving on the highway. Sound system and radio needs quality and clarity improvement. Overall the car is good enough to handle everyday task and driving, of course improvements can be made. The low price leaves a lot of room for personal customization. Dealer options are very nice but also very pricey. I am satisfied with the car, I am actually looking to trade in for a newer model in the near future."