2007 Subaru Impreza

Based on 868 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

A true love affair.

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Safe. Sporty. Practical. Versatile. Fun."

Cons: "Not great gas milage."

"I owned this car for 11 years. Had the 02 wagon. It went truly everywhere with me - from heavy gridlock interstate commuting, to 15" deep snow covered country lanes, to winding, rutted NW logging roads, to beach driving to country highway cruising, and it did it all with great aplomb. It lived life with me as a single guy in my twenties, to a married man, to a dog owner and finally to family man with two kids. It served as my sports car as much as my Home Depot hauler. It was a reliable, go everywhere, utility vehicle that had enough sportiness to it to competently hold its own against far more purpose built vehicles. Having previously been a Honda guy (a civic, an integra and an accord), this one car converted me. Sadly, last week, I got into an accident when someone bumped me from the back left, shifting my direction just enough to send me plowing straight into a 30" diameter tree just off of the side of the road. The tree didn't move and the wrx was totaled. It was a huge loss. But what I can say is that here I am, less than a week later, in reasonably good shape all because, on top of everything else brilliant about this car, it was built to be safe. The crumple zones worked flawlessly and the airbags did what they were supposed to do. Paramedics had to remove the roof to get me out, but I got out in one piece without any permanent injuries. This was the best car I have ever owned. And it saved my life."

love this car. great gas mileage, blast to drive

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "relieable, fun, fast"

Cons: "you will fall in love and never want to part with"

"this car is amazing!! I own a 2006 wrx which I have now put 245,000 miles. The only things besides maintaining it that I've had to do is new struts and a new battery. I love the power and never meet a snow storm this car couldn't make it through. I've wrecked it twice once hitting an elk and the other time was t-boned by a f250. Both times I walked away with out a scratch and my insurance even fixed it at 220,000 miles with $8,000 worth of damage because they felt the car was worth more. This is the safest, most reliable funniest car to drive I've ever owned and I'm 55 years old. I've had my share of cars."

Amaingly Awesome Car!!!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Good Value, fun to drive, reliable, easy to fix"

Cons: "Initial price"

"The car is incredibly fun to drive even with the miles on it. I have had the car for 6 months and have never had any major issues. The only thing I've done to it is taken it in to the dealership to have the control arms recalled. Besides that, this car has been solid since the day i bought it. I definitely would suggest this car to anyone no matter the mileage. These cars run forever and I will never buy another car besides Subaru!!!"

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"I have owned a 2005 Impreza 2.5rs for 4 years now. I bought it with 23,000 miles, and just hit 77,000. I live in Seattle, so I have to have AWD. I don't think there is a better combination of reliability, performance, and value. The 170 hp engine is just quick enough to zip around town, while still giving me an average of 25 mpg. I have done the recommended 30k and 60k maintenance, along with changing the oil every 3k. I have had ZERO problems with this car and I seriously think it will run to 300k. The only down side is its a pretty compact car. I am 5' 10' and sit comfortably, but anyone taller might struggle. There aren't any fancy bells and whistles in the interior, but hey, its a Subaru not an Audi. My previous two cars were a BMW E36 M3, and a 2000 Audi a4 2.8. Both of those cars were great but really expensive to maintain. I switched to Subaru to save myself the headache, and I'll never go back."

Caution: Transmission

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I've had this car for about 3 years now. Overall, it's a good car. Great in bad weather (snow & ice). Handling is pretty good, as well as braking and acceleration. The only real complaint I have of this car is the transmission. About 1 1/2 years ago, 2nd gear went out. I found out that Subaru of America doesn't cover this in the manufacturers warranty, and thus, my extended warranty wouldn't cover it either. Subaru claims it's due to abusive driving so they won't cover it. And in my case, yes, I was racing it this time, so it was kind of my fault. Luckily I kind of knew the service manager at my local dealer, so they helped me out some, replacing what only truly needed it. So there went $1600. I also found out from him that they'll get a WRX in at least once every 1 or 2 weeks with this same problem. Now fast forward 13 months... I'd been taking it easy on my car, really couldn't afford another big transmission bill. I'm driving normal, not hard on it, go to pass some cars, get the revs up, drop it into 3rd, it holds it for a second or two, then 3rd gear goes. So this time, I had everything possible replaced in the transmission, $2300 bill. So just a note to use cautin when considering this car... If you will be racing or driving hard much, seriously consider an STI or beefing up the transmission in this car, as this is a common occurence for these 5 spd manuals. Other than that, this is a great car and fun to drive."