2006 Subaru Impreza

Based on 877 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Great Little Pocket Rocket

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Got a 2002 WRX sedan w/67000mi. Great on mountain roads any time of the year. I have driven it in all kinds of weather, and it always gets me to my destination with no trouble. Even on an icy incline where even 4x4s were putting on chains, I just drove right past. Another time I smoked a Hummer H2 off the line uphill in 9 inches of fresh snow. The AWD system is truly incredible. Car could be a little more roomy and the seats are not that comfortable."

After 5 years, I still love my Subie!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Dependability, style, fun, sporty"

Cons: "Non-ergonomic seats, head rests"

"There are no bells or whistles on my 2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon, but I felt compelled to write because it has been such a truly dependable car. I have been pretty faithful about oil, lube and filter changes, but not so as far as maintenance. I have only taken it in twice. Once was because I put too much oil in the engine, the other because I felt guilty as to not following routine maintenance and finally dropped several hundred on a recommended maintenance interval. I'm just about paid off and will still keep this car as it has been so incredibly dependable. The ONLY pet peeve or negative about my Subie is the seats. I do not find them very ergonomic, no lumbar support and the head rests, no matter how I adjust do not sit my head or neck well."

Great little car would buy another anytime

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, holds it's value"

Cons: "can't think of anything major"

"I have owned my Impreza for five years now and I love this car. Very spunky up hills, good gas millage, and runs excellent. Hasn't had any issues for a nine year old car. The only down fall are is that the driver seat tore where the ridge is, it's has a weird noise when on the highway when the wind is blowing (sounds like a blow horn due to the wind hitting the spoiler). I would definitely buy another one."

My first car and my best car.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"This was my first car and (most likely) my best car. I was a little hard on the vehicle when i first got it (i was a new driver) but my Impreza hung in there with me and I have no problems with her. I have owned this vehicle for 3 years now and I have had no major issues. It is also very good for long distance as i drive from Tennessee to Missouri at least 4-5 times a year for school and she rides very well each time. If you're thinking about buying this car for a first time driver, I strongly recommend it!"

FAST!!!

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handling, AWD, fuel economy is not terrible."

Cons: "Harsh ride, small interior"

"Very fast, handles like a dream but don’t take it on any long rides as the suspension is very unforgiving. That being said it's not made for comfort it's made to preform and preform it does. 6 speed is smooth and has great low end power for a 4 cylinder. The AWD system is top notch, very fun in the snow. This car is not for everyone but anyone wanting the best bang for their buck should take a look at one of these."

My favorite car!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG,easy to maintain,fun to drive,good value"

Cons: "back seat is a bit tight and seats dont fold down"

"I bought this car because it has great consumer reviews overall, it is fantastic in the snow, and I generally get at a minimum 24 mpg (most being 28 and least being 22). I have not gotten stuck in the snow to this day and don't believe I could unless I was driving in more than 3 feet of snow (car height)! With the crazy snow New England we had is 2010-2011 I can't imagine having another car in my life. I have had Honda's and Saturn's but this car takes the cake. I will never buy a car other than a Subaru ever!"

Awesome! High performance, 20+ MPG, Very reliable

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I had a 2004 VW Jetta 1.8 Turbo and thought that was quick. I drove one of these and was in love! A few months later I had the Jetta sold and an 07 WRX in my driveway! The performance is just awesome, it will throw you back in your seat and put a smile on your face! I love flying by American muscle cars while getting 22 MPG. The interior is nice. The seat are very supportive, you do not move while cornering. I have the "carbon fiber knit seats" whith grey trim they are very sports and nice looking and are comfortable. The 6 disc changer and MP3 auxillary are very nice feature. However, storage is VERY limited and the interior does not live up to that of my Jetta (VW has some of the most gorgeous interiors I have been in). WRX's are SUPER reliable, Subaru has one of the best engines on the road. They are always receiving the highest marks from Consumer Reports and are a Best Buy for used cars. Do a bit of research on all of the awards Subie wins, it is absolutley crazy because they seem to win everything and rarely use that as advertising. I once read this on Subaru's facebook, " You date Hondas Toyotas and Fords, but marry a Subaru" It is true, you will be a lifetime Subaru owner. Subaru is unlike any company out there they send their owners gifts and promos (you do have to watch Facebook or go to their site where you can have a "My Subaru" and track everything with YOUR car). Truly an awesome car and an amazing company!"

All that and a bag of...

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"This car is a beast. Got it to 143 and she wants more. Any reviews about the interior ammenities complaining how it's bumpy or has a bad sound system are missing the point. This car is about AWD, Turbo, 300HP, 2.5L 4Cyl, Honda punishing, Evo spanking, rally ready fun. I took it on a 1000 mi round trip and it was not uncomfortable unless you just got done driving a Merceds. Did I miss anything? Oh, my wife hates it cause she can't apply makeup in the car (stiff suspension)...There is another plus ;o) Enjoy."

I really enjoy my 06 WRX Limited sedan!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "AWD, body styling, leather, 6 disc, sun roof, fun"

Cons: "premium gas, rear seat doesnt go down, cheap radio"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

"Really like my Wrx, only real complaint is the back seat doesn't go down. There is a pass thru in the middle of the seats but its not even big enough to get my snowboard thru. The AWD is great in the snow though, with snow tires I have yet to lose full control. Average 21 mpg and the exhaust sound is one of a kind! Highly recommend!"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

love my subie!!

By on Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pros: "safety,durability,awd"

Cons: "repair/parts pricing,head gaskets"

"bought this car used after i crashed my 2005 subaru wrx.will never own anything but a subaru."

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Snow, Reliable, Storage, Longevity"

Cons: "Road Noise, Fogged-over headlamps"

"I've been a Subaru owner since I bought my first Suby at 16. I found an auto tech professor at my local community college fixing up a 2002 Subaru 2.5T Wagon conveniently after my old Forester tanked (at 310k). I bought the car that day and couldn't be happier. The drive is peppy and full of torque, and I've never been stuck in the NY snow. Salt doesn't even phase this Subaru. I'd caution others like me looking at older Subys with the 2.5L because of head gasket issues and other issues associated with high mileage. Though not all Subaru vehicles are equal, there are twice as many 300k Suby mile-clubbers as there are folks with horror stories. A good brand and even better car. Recommend!"

The WRX has been a great car to own

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Function buttons all have multiple uses."

Cons: "need heated side mirrors"

"everything you touch is quality. The ride is smooth and quick. I have owned GTI-VW, Turbo-Eagle Talon, 327 SS Impala 1969, Mustang convertable 1969. Seats are adjustable to fit (I am short)."

Loved this car the 2 years i had it.

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reason: equity

Pros: "Fast, fun, sporty, turbo, reliable."

Cons: "Oil filter location,fuel economy,Fabric dimples."

"I researched a variety of cars before choosing this one 2 years ago. I wanted something sporty and 4 doors. This one fit the bill perfectly. I paid a premium just to get blue color that Subaru enthusiast love. The first time i drove a wrx i felt like i was in a tank, i felt secure and i could literary feel the car grip the ground with all wheel drive. This car was great during the winter, no excuses for coming into work late because of a snow storm. It was definitely very peppy even though is was the little brother of the STI. Even though i put performance parts on this car (i took it from 220 hp to 285 safely) I had absoulutley no problems with it, with or without performance parts. My favorite feature even though this may not sound like much, i loved the cup holder that popped out of the dash. Some of the things i didn't like about the car. Stock sound was not that impressive. The fabric that covered the seats was nice but poppy seeds to dirt got stuck in the dimples and was hard to clean. Oil filter was a huge pain to get to under the car."

I love them so much I own two!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Subaru's are the best New England car because of the all wheel drive. I used to only drive 4wd trucks but this car goes better than any truck in the snow and gets double the fuel economy. I personally like Imprezas of all years but the Wrx is the ultimate. With the aggressive styling of the imposing hood scoop, rally style fog lights and stance, other motorists know whats in the rear view mirror and soon to be in front of them. The interior is very roomy and functional yet sporty so it is a great daily driver. For the enthusiast it offers a great base for modifications."

95k, so far - so great.

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"Owned since new - 95k on the car & its perfect. I drive it hard, use the power... nothing is wrong with the car. Two sets of tires, one set of brakes, oil changes - thats it. Clutch is fine, interior is holding up... great car. The car has done many dirt mountain passes (not taking it easy), been offroad many times, eats up the snow & rain and is one of the best all weather cars I've owned. A++"

First but not Last

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"This was my first Subaru, (2002) it is a solid car. It is well over a 100 K miles and still have not had a major mechanical problem. I have driven this car in all conditions and it was wonderful in all of them. I have even driven it during Blizzards for about 75 miles from Through NJ across the GWB to NY. Mileage for 6 months I commuted a total of 135 miles per day round trip. This was mostly highway but I encountered a significant amount of traffic driving from Stamford CT to Long Island and back. I averaged 26 mpg. City driving currently averaging 20 mpg. Not bad since I did't buy the turbo for the mileage. I have had several times where other cars (more expensive BMWs, Audies ...) want to speed by on the highway and learn that you do not have to spend that much money to I have more than enough power and control. I will buy another Subaru. I have moved entire contents of my apartment twice with this car if it didn't fit inside it fits on top."

Best car out there for the mountain sport person!

By on Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Great car for the mountain west and very fun to drive. With good winter tires tires it is truly one of the best snow cars and its aslo great on dirt and gravel, a ralley car! Milage isn't bad depending on how you drive, but the performance makes up for it. While the word is pretty well out on the WRX, it still is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Bottom of the Line? I think not!

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I got this car as an entry level model in 2003. It did not and does not feel entry level. The price was a little above other cars in its "class" but well worth it. For the past 5 years the car has been running strong. I drive to the snow occasionally and really feel the benefits of the AWD safety when I do. The car still feels solid, safe, handles great, has a sporty feel. Power is more than sufficient for daily use, even has a little pep off the line and does great uphill since HP matches torque (~165). Not a family car, but if you usually only have 1 passenger and occasionally take 3 its fine (a little cramped in the back). My only complaint is there is only a pass through from the trunk to the cabin. This car made me a Subaru fan for life!"

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"Best vehicle I've ever owned!!"

Great car for street and track.

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I commute with this car five days a week without any regrets. It has nice low range torque for the stop and go traffic jams. I like the cruise control for road trips. The seats could be better. It feels like I am sitting on it rather than in it. I would like the height to be lower. The rear spoiler seems tacked on since it wobbles at speed. It may draw unwanted attention from immature drivers and law enforcement. When I say track I meant road courses. The AWD performs good on the drag strip but to fully utilize this car, you need to take it on a road course. You will feel the beauty of AWD while taking a sweeper at 100+ MPH."

200000

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"200,000 and still running strong"

Northwest Vehicle

By on Monday, July 9, 2007

"There is nothing better then a Subaru in Alaska. Its either 4x4's or Subaru's because nothing else will make it. There are a lot of cars out here rotting or just getting destroyed by the roads and environment. This is my second car (previous was a WRX) and you can't beat the gas mileage."

great car

By on Sunday, July 8, 2007

"most fun for the $$$ out there"

By on Sunday, May 27, 2007

"I love this car. Great Performance and I love the looks. Plus the limited edition plaque is kinda cool too!"

Good and versatile

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pros: "Traction and safety"

Cons: "Normal subaru problem with head gaskets. high ins."

"it's just a safe little wagon that is almost impossible to get stuck in."