2006 Subaru Impreza

Based on 847 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Expected it to last longer

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, especially in the mud!"

Cons: "Expected it to last longer."

"Has been a great car but at about 100000 miles started having problems with engine revving very high in idle and the headlights burn out every couple of months. Two trips to the mechanic (including one to the dealership) and several hundred dollars later no one can figure out what's wrong with it. I'm frustrated and trading it in... but I've liked it enough that I'm getting another one."

Buy a subaru hooked for life.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Style, handeling, comfort of ride, reliable"

Cons: "100k service needed with the 2.5 liter but minor"

"I have owned my 05 RS wagon since November of 2013, and am absolutely in love with this car! I had a 95 Outback sport before this with the 2.2 liter and this is a nice power upgrade. Not near as much power as the wrx but is a nice amount for the 4cyl and the mileage that comes with it! Just had to replace the head gaskets, but should be good to go for at least 100k. The hatchback is a great option for outdoors lovers and active individuals.Besides my head gaskets I have not had any problems with this vehicle, and once out of school will definitely trade up to a newer Impreza! highly recommend this vehicle!"

I bought it new, plan trade at 250k.

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Traffic merge in rain, no wheel spin!"

Cons: "A/C is insufficient."

"I bought when I gave daughter 95 Impreza (170k); she traded to 2008 Impreza at 270k. The WRX has performed better than I expected, with no major engine work nor any work on the Turbo. The only big headache has been the A/C, which has had significant work done. The only things not working are the clock and trunk release. The car has been pushed regularly, 90 in 3rd, and can still get to the next oil change with a half quart added. It is a commuter car, but has also been on numerous construction sites, but someone recently asked if it was newly repainted. It has been great in snow. Subaru has very dependable products."

Stop shopping, this is the car you need.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Looks, price, fun to drive, economical, practical"

Cons: "Weird cup holders, could have a bit more power"

"Bought my Outback Sport in April of 2012. Nothing but good stories about this car and it's become more of a "friend" to me rather than just a car. It's reliable, looks good, has a limited slip differential from the factory, gets good gas mileage and has TONS of room. The only complaint I have about the car is the cup holders (not a big deal). It has one slightly awkward cup holder which pops out from the dashboard and kind of overhangs over the radio dins, however you can fit a large drink in it easily. It also has a slit in it for a coffee mug which is nice. The other cup holder is extremely small and awkwardly placed. It is next to the parking brake and can barely fit a small bottle of water or a can. Within the last few months, I've been beginning to modify it; another great thing about this car. If you're interested in modifying it, very many WRX parts are interchangeable and provide a very cheap performance upgrade. For example, a rear sway bar from a WRX wagon can make worlds of difference and it cost me less than $100. I am extremely happy that I decided to buy this car and still get a smirk on my face when I see it sitting in the parking lot."

Legendary car

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "best handling car ever, great acceleration"

Cons: "cloth interior"

"One of the best cars to ever come from Japan"