2006 Subaru Impreza

Based on 844 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Stop shopping, this is the car you need.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Looks, price, fun to drive, economical, practical"

Cons: "Weird cup holders, could have a bit more power"

"Bought my Outback Sport in April of 2012. Nothing but good stories about this car and it's become more of a "friend" to me rather than just a car. It's reliable, looks good, has a limited slip differential from the factory, gets good gas mileage and has TONS of room. The only complaint I have about the car is the cup holders (not a big deal). It has one slightly awkward cup holder which pops out from the dashboard and kind of overhangs over the radio dins, however you can fit a large drink in it easily. It also has a slit in it for a coffee mug which is nice. The other cup holder is extremely small and awkwardly placed. It is next to the parking brake and can barely fit a small bottle of water or a can. Within the last few months, I've been beginning to modify it; another great thing about this car. If you're interested in modifying it, very many WRX parts are interchangeable and provide a very cheap performance upgrade. For example, a rear sway bar from a WRX wagon can make worlds of difference and it cost me less than $100. I am extremely happy that I decided to buy this car and still get a smirk on my face when I see it sitting in the parking lot."

Legendary car

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "best handling car ever, great acceleration"

Cons: "cloth interior"

"One of the best cars to ever come from Japan"

I really enjoy my 06 WRX Limited sedan!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "AWD, body styling, leather, 6 disc, sun roof, fun"

Cons: "premium gas, rear seat doesnt go down, cheap radio"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

"Really like my Wrx, only real complaint is the back seat doesn't go down. There is a pass thru in the middle of the seats but its not even big enough to get my snowboard thru. The AWD is great in the snow though, with snow tires I have yet to lose full control. Average 21 mpg and the exhaust sound is one of a kind! Highly recommend!"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

Absolute best overall car that I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Value, performance, quality"

Cons: "Understeer, not overly attractive 2006-2013"

"I've owned my 2004 WRX wagon for nearly 10 years now. And having owned everything from from Jaguars to Porsches, I can say that this has been the best value in an automobile that I have ever experienced. I modified it very early on to Stage 2 (Accessport, tuning, 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust) and that just made it faster/better without sacrificing anything other than ride quality (I changed out the springs too). The only things I have replaced outside of normally scheduled maintenance (timing belt, PCV, oil, filters, etc.) or mods (exhaust, brakes and suspension pieces) are the valve cover gaskets and the CV axles at over 100K miles. This was my first Subaru. But it's been so amazing, I'm passing on the 2014 Jaguar 3.0 AWD and the 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG and going for the 2015 STI when it comes out. For anyone who is a car brand snob (but loves pure performance), buy the STI, get a better (overall) car and buy a Rolex Daytona with the savings. Great little cars, IMO."

Great car...till 40K

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Broke :(

Pros: "You're face will quit smiling as soon you park"

Cons: "You wallet will be heavier as soon as you sell"

"Had the 03 WRX sedan. The car was amazing, but the insurance cost me just as much as the payment. (I was 22 at the time) I was usually broke as a joke when I had this car. I drove it from Utah to New York and back over a summer, which was lots of fun. It had a grinding whenever you went into 3rd gear though, which got worse and worse until I just couldn't ignore it. I then got rear-ended and almost got totaled. I got it back, and the transmission seemed to just be undeniably bad and the paint was chipping on the hood for no apparent reason. My insurance went up again, being something like $360/month. I gave up, and sold the car for a steal, even for needing a new transmission. I would recommend this Subi if you have 0 tickets, and have good self-control; otherwise you'll be broke too."

See if you qualify for