2004 Subaru Impreza

Based on 868 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

WRX best AWD for the Money

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "AWD, price, mpg, cheap to repair"

Cons: "needs more cup holders :)"

"I would let my siter buy this car, love it so far, I've had it for 3 months now, no problems, drives amazing, my best friend has a 2001 Audi S4 and I like my WRX better!"

Amazing performance and reliability!

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"I've driven this car uphill in nearly a foot of snow before... try doing THAT with a Honda or some other vehicle that you'll find for the same price as a WRX. Plus these cars hold their value cuz they last forever with no problems. I love this car."

Amaingly Awesome Car!!!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "Good Value, fun to drive, reliable, easy to fix"

Cons: "Initial price"

"The car is incredibly fun to drive even with the miles on it. I have had the car for 6 months and have never had any major issues. The only thing I've done to it is taken it in to the dealership to have the control arms recalled. Besides that, this car has been solid since the day i bought it. I definitely would suggest this car to anyone no matter the mileage. These cars run forever and I will never buy another car besides Subaru!!!"

By on Monday, May 02, 2011

"I have owned a 2005 Impreza 2.5rs for 4 years now. I bought it with 23,000 miles, and just hit 77,000. I live in Seattle, so I have to have AWD. I don't think there is a better combination of reliability, performance, and value. The 170 hp engine is just quick enough to zip around town, while still giving me an average of 25 mpg. I have done the recommended 30k and 60k maintenance, along with changing the oil every 3k. I have had ZERO problems with this car and I seriously think it will run to 300k. The only down side is its a pretty compact car. I am 5' 10' and sit comfortably, but anyone taller might struggle. There aren't any fancy bells and whistles in the interior, but hey, its a Subaru not an Audi. My previous two cars were a BMW E36 M3, and a 2000 Audi a4 2.8. Both of those cars were great but really expensive to maintain. I switched to Subaru to save myself the headache, and I'll never go back."

Caution: Transmission

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I've had this car for about 3 years now. Overall, it's a good car. Great in bad weather (snow & ice). Handling is pretty good, as well as braking and acceleration. The only real complaint I have of this car is the transmission. About 1 1/2 years ago, 2nd gear went out. I found out that Subaru of America doesn't cover this in the manufacturers warranty, and thus, my extended warranty wouldn't cover it either. Subaru claims it's due to abusive driving so they won't cover it. And in my case, yes, I was racing it this time, so it was kind of my fault. Luckily I kind of knew the service manager at my local dealer, so they helped me out some, replacing what only truly needed it. So there went $1600. I also found out from him that they'll get a WRX in at least once every 1 or 2 weeks with this same problem. Now fast forward 13 months... I'd been taking it easy on my car, really couldn't afford another big transmission bill. I'm driving normal, not hard on it, go to pass some cars, get the revs up, drop it into 3rd, it holds it for a second or two, then 3rd gear goes. So this time, I had everything possible replaced in the transmission, $2300 bill. So just a note to use cautin when considering this car... If you will be racing or driving hard much, seriously consider an STI or beefing up the transmission in this car, as this is a common occurence for these 5 spd manuals. Other than that, this is a great car and fun to drive."