2004 Subaru Impreza

Based on 840 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

subaru Sti

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"I have owned my 2004 Sti for a while and it is a very reliable car and extremely fast very good in snow. THe ride of the car is terrible but thats a subaru thing. there isint very much interior storage space but overall very good reputation and reliable car. i would recomend buying one if you get the chance."

Most reliable car I've ever had.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, safe, sturdy, rugged, good acceleration"

Cons: "Not enough rear seat room Not great gas mileage"

"I love my Subaru. It actually saved my life when I slid off the road during an ice storm and down an embankment. I put over 15,000 a year on my car since I bought it used, and it is sturdy, reliable and a comfortable drive. I feel safe on wet, snowy and icy roads. It is a good looking car and has a sleek style for a wagon. The only negative is the rear seat could be roomier and more comfortable."

Iconically Quirky

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Personality - Performance - Safety"

Cons: "Fuel cost - Expensive Repairs"

"I think the charm of the WRX lies in two things … what it can do and how it does it. What can it do? It can go very fast. It can hold a lot of stuff. It can get you places in marginal traction conditions that other cars cannot … even other AWD cars. It can save your life in a crash. And it can do all that with reasonable economy and reliability. All that is enough to make it a great car. But what really seals the deal is how it does it … with a turbocharged boxer 4 driving all four wheels through an integrated transaxle. That’s essentially the same configuration as a AWD Porsche, with all the handling advantages. The short crankshaft offered by the boxer design makes the bottom end strong enough for significant modifications, and the unequal length exhaust headers make for the trademark Subie boxer rumble … probably the best sounding 4 cylinder engine on the planet. It’s quirky. The single spool turbo means there is a lot of turbo lag, so to get the most out of it, you’ve got to keep the revs up. The handling gives a hint of understeer before it comes alive with a sharp turn in. Controlled oversteer is possible, but only at the limit, as the AWD system allows you to rocket out of the curves with near reckless abandon. It’s not sedate. It’s not distinguished. You will feel the road while you are driving on it. You’ll hear the exhaust and the whoosh of the turbo. And to get the most of it, you’ll have to pay attention and work it. And maybe because of all that, there isn’t another car like it, and why it remains an icon of automotive engineering."

Expected it to last longer

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, especially in the mud!"

Cons: "Expected it to last longer."

"Has been a great car but at about 100000 miles started having problems with engine revving very high in idle and the headlights burn out every couple of months. Two trips to the mechanic (including one to the dealership) and several hundred dollars later no one can figure out what's wrong with it. I'm frustrated and trading it in... but I've liked it enough that I'm getting another one."

Buy a subaru hooked for life.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Style, handeling, comfort of ride, reliable"

Cons: "100k service needed with the 2.5 liter but minor"

"I have owned my 05 RS wagon since November of 2013, and am absolutely in love with this car! I had a 95 Outback sport before this with the 2.2 liter and this is a nice power upgrade. Not near as much power as the wrx but is a nice amount for the 4cyl and the mileage that comes with it! Just had to replace the head gaskets, but should be good to go for at least 100k. The hatchback is a great option for outdoors lovers and active individuals.Besides my head gaskets I have not had any problems with this vehicle, and once out of school will definitely trade up to a newer Impreza! highly recommend this vehicle!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25