2003 Subaru Impreza

Based on 878 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Great Little Pocket Rocket

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Got a 2002 WRX sedan w/67000mi. Great on mountain roads any time of the year. I have driven it in all kinds of weather, and it always gets me to my destination with no trouble. Even on an icy incline where even 4x4s were putting on chains, I just drove right past. Another time I smoked a Hummer H2 off the line uphill in 9 inches of fresh snow. The AWD system is truly incredible. Car could be a little more roomy and the seats are not that comfortable."

After 5 years, I still love my Subie!

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Dependability, style, fun, sporty"

Cons: "Non-ergonomic seats, head rests"

"There are no bells or whistles on my 2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon, but I felt compelled to write because it has been such a truly dependable car. I have been pretty faithful about oil, lube and filter changes, but not so as far as maintenance. I have only taken it in twice. Once was because I put too much oil in the engine, the other because I felt guilty as to not following routine maintenance and finally dropped several hundred on a recommended maintenance interval. I'm just about paid off and will still keep this car as it has been so incredibly dependable. The ONLY pet peeve or negative about my Subie is the seats. I do not find them very ergonomic, no lumbar support and the head rests, no matter how I adjust do not sit my head or neck well."

Great little car would buy another anytime

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, holds it's value"

Cons: "can't think of anything major"

"I have owned my Impreza for five years now and I love this car. Very spunky up hills, good gas millage, and runs excellent. Hasn't had any issues for a nine year old car. The only down fall are is that the driver seat tore where the ridge is, it's has a weird noise when on the highway when the wind is blowing (sounds like a blow horn due to the wind hitting the spoiler). I would definitely buy another one."

Wonderfully reliable and great handling 4WD car.

By on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pros: "Handles great on icy or snow packed roads."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previo 1998 Imprezza."

"Wonderfully reliable and great handling 4WD compact. 4 spd automatic transmission is great in the mountains for engine braking on long descents. Only complaint is that it is not as comfortable on long hauls as my previous 1998 Impreza. Great little car!"

My first car and my best car.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"This was my first car and (most likely) my best car. I was a little hard on the vehicle when i first got it (i was a new driver) but my Impreza hung in there with me and I have no problems with her. I have owned this vehicle for 3 years now and I have had no major issues. It is also very good for long distance as i drive from Tennessee to Missouri at least 4-5 times a year for school and she rides very well each time. If you're thinking about buying this car for a first time driver, I strongly recommend it!"

FAST!!!

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handling, AWD, fuel economy is not terrible."

Cons: "Harsh ride, small interior"

"Very fast, handles like a dream but don’t take it on any long rides as the suspension is very unforgiving. That being said it's not made for comfort it's made to preform and preform it does. 6 speed is smooth and has great low end power for a 4 cylinder. The AWD system is top notch, very fun in the snow. This car is not for everyone but anyone wanting the best bang for their buck should take a look at one of these."

My favorite car!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG,easy to maintain,fun to drive,good value"

Cons: "back seat is a bit tight and seats dont fold down"

"I bought this car because it has great consumer reviews overall, it is fantastic in the snow, and I generally get at a minimum 24 mpg (most being 28 and least being 22). I have not gotten stuck in the snow to this day and don't believe I could unless I was driving in more than 3 feet of snow (car height)! With the crazy snow New England we had is 2010-2011 I can't imagine having another car in my life. I have had Honda's and Saturn's but this car takes the cake. I will never buy a car other than a Subaru ever!"

Awesome! High performance, 20+ MPG, Very reliable

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I had a 2004 VW Jetta 1.8 Turbo and thought that was quick. I drove one of these and was in love! A few months later I had the Jetta sold and an 07 WRX in my driveway! The performance is just awesome, it will throw you back in your seat and put a smile on your face! I love flying by American muscle cars while getting 22 MPG. The interior is nice. The seat are very supportive, you do not move while cornering. I have the "carbon fiber knit seats" whith grey trim they are very sports and nice looking and are comfortable. The 6 disc changer and MP3 auxillary are very nice feature. However, storage is VERY limited and the interior does not live up to that of my Jetta (VW has some of the most gorgeous interiors I have been in). WRX's are SUPER reliable, Subaru has one of the best engines on the road. They are always receiving the highest marks from Consumer Reports and are a Best Buy for used cars. Do a bit of research on all of the awards Subie wins, it is absolutley crazy because they seem to win everything and rarely use that as advertising. I once read this on Subaru's facebook, " You date Hondas Toyotas and Fords, but marry a Subaru" It is true, you will be a lifetime Subaru owner. Subaru is unlike any company out there they send their owners gifts and promos (you do have to watch Facebook or go to their site where you can have a "My Subaru" and track everything with YOUR car). Truly an awesome car and an amazing company!"

All that and a bag of...

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"This car is a beast. Got it to 143 and she wants more. Any reviews about the interior ammenities complaining how it's bumpy or has a bad sound system are missing the point. This car is about AWD, Turbo, 300HP, 2.5L 4Cyl, Honda punishing, Evo spanking, rally ready fun. I took it on a 1000 mi round trip and it was not uncomfortable unless you just got done driving a Merceds. Did I miss anything? Oh, my wife hates it cause she can't apply makeup in the car (stiff suspension)...There is another plus ;o) Enjoy."

I really enjoy my 06 WRX Limited sedan!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "AWD, body styling, leather, 6 disc, sun roof, fun"

Cons: "premium gas, rear seat doesnt go down, cheap radio"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

"Really like my Wrx, only real complaint is the back seat doesn't go down. There is a pass thru in the middle of the seats but its not even big enough to get my snowboard thru. The AWD is great in the snow though, with snow tires I have yet to lose full control. Average 21 mpg and the exhaust sound is one of a kind! Highly recommend!"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL