2002 Subaru Impreza

Based on 878 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Snow, Reliable, Storage, Longevity"

Cons: "Road Noise, Fogged-over headlamps"

"I've been a Subaru owner since I bought my first Suby at 16. I found an auto tech professor at my local community college fixing up a 2002 Subaru 2.5T Wagon conveniently after my old Forester tanked (at 310k). I bought the car that day and couldn't be happier. The drive is peppy and full of torque, and I've never been stuck in the NY snow. Salt doesn't even phase this Subaru. I'd caution others like me looking at older Subys with the 2.5L because of head gasket issues and other issues associated with high mileage. Though not all Subaru vehicles are equal, there are twice as many 300k Suby mile-clubbers as there are folks with horror stories. A good brand and even better car. Recommend!"

The WRX has been a great car to own

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Function buttons all have multiple uses."

Cons: "need heated side mirrors"

"everything you touch is quality. The ride is smooth and quick. I have owned GTI-VW, Turbo-Eagle Talon, 327 SS Impala 1969, Mustang convertable 1969. Seats are adjustable to fit (I am short)."

Loved this car the 2 years i had it.

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reason: equity

Pros: "Fast, fun, sporty, turbo, reliable."

Cons: "Oil filter location,fuel economy,Fabric dimples."

"I researched a variety of cars before choosing this one 2 years ago. I wanted something sporty and 4 doors. This one fit the bill perfectly. I paid a premium just to get blue color that Subaru enthusiast love. The first time i drove a wrx i felt like i was in a tank, i felt secure and i could literary feel the car grip the ground with all wheel drive. This car was great during the winter, no excuses for coming into work late because of a snow storm. It was definitely very peppy even though is was the little brother of the STI. Even though i put performance parts on this car (i took it from 220 hp to 285 safely) I had absoulutley no problems with it, with or without performance parts. My favorite feature even though this may not sound like much, i loved the cup holder that popped out of the dash. Some of the things i didn't like about the car. Stock sound was not that impressive. The fabric that covered the seats was nice but poppy seeds to dirt got stuck in the dimples and was hard to clean. Oil filter was a huge pain to get to under the car."

I love them so much I own two!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Subaru's are the best New England car because of the all wheel drive. I used to only drive 4wd trucks but this car goes better than any truck in the snow and gets double the fuel economy. I personally like Imprezas of all years but the Wrx is the ultimate. With the aggressive styling of the imposing hood scoop, rally style fog lights and stance, other motorists know whats in the rear view mirror and soon to be in front of them. The interior is very roomy and functional yet sporty so it is a great daily driver. For the enthusiast it offers a great base for modifications."

95k, so far - so great.

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"Owned since new - 95k on the car & its perfect. I drive it hard, use the power... nothing is wrong with the car. Two sets of tires, one set of brakes, oil changes - thats it. Clutch is fine, interior is holding up... great car. The car has done many dirt mountain passes (not taking it easy), been offroad many times, eats up the snow & rain and is one of the best all weather cars I've owned. A++"