2002 Subaru Impreza

Based on 869 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Excellent, for the right person!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Price vs performance, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Dull interior, excessive performance"

"I bought this car for two reasons: blistering performance and reliability. The car has met and exceeded all of my expectations. Coming from a Honda Civic, the bar was pretty high for dependability. Pros: - Absolutely stunning performance in all weather and road conditions. Nothing stops this car. Cornering, acceleration, and responsiveness are top notch. - Reliability. I've had ZERO issues with this car. Changed oil, brakes, and tires. That's it. - Easily tuned! Mine is currently in a Stage 2 setup, about 50-70hp above stock. Total cost was barely $1k, and gas mileage has actually increased to 30mpg highway! - Practicality. This car is a perfect compromise if you want a sports car, but can't swing owning two cars. Roomy enough for trips to the store and long trips. Cons: - Definitely a compact car. People over 6' won't be much more comfortable here than in a Civic. - Love it/hate it styling on the exterior. I'm a fan, but I know many aren't. - Spartan interior. Leather racing seats aside, it could be confused for a mid 90's vanilla sedan. - Overly aggressive. This car has incredible acceleration and power. This car can absolutely destroy a Corvette or Camaro off the line. Irresponsible or nervous drivers should steer clear of owning one. Hope this helps prospective buyers! I have zero regrets buying this car (wish I would've sought out a wagon, though). If you like in a state with snow and want a performance oriented daily driver, stop your search here. You've found it!"

Love this car..

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"So far this car has been amazing to me. Put a bunch of aftermarket parts on it, and I must say, this is one of the best handling/fun sports cars you can get. Either the hatch or sedan. Personally I liked the hatch becuase there weren't as many of those around.. The level on customization is unlimited. From motor builds to aftermarket parts-you won't get bored with this car. Highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a fun ride."

Awesome car!

By on Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"I own an '03 Subaru Impreza wagon 2.5TS for about 7 years, have put 84K on it (bought it new) and I can tell you that it is, hands down, the best car I've ever owned for the money. It was love at first sight too, and thank goodness that love affair has lasted this long. It is not the fastest, most economical, or the most luxurious car on the road, but it is definitely one of the most reliable, durable, dependable. It is also a lot of fun, has adequate power despite only having 165 hp and AWD drag, and it grips the road very well dry or wet. Plenty of cargo space too - it has helped me move at least 3 times. And did I mention the handling already? :-) I feel very secure and connected to the car and I can't say that about my previous Honda Accords. I hope to keep it for at least another 7 years, and if I have to change it, I will definitely consider another Subaru."

Great Little Pocket Rocket

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Got a 2002 WRX sedan w/67000mi. Great on mountain roads any time of the year. I have driven it in all kinds of weather, and it always gets me to my destination with no trouble. Even on an icy incline where even 4x4s were putting on chains, I just drove right past. Another time I smoked a Hummer H2 off the line uphill in 9 inches of fresh snow. The AWD system is truly incredible. Car could be a little more roomy and the seats are not that comfortable."

I will never part with this vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and superb handling."

"Most awesome car I have ever owned hands down. Have to drive or own one to understand it."