2000 Subaru Impreza

Based on 258 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

Longest ownership history - 13 years & counting!

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I purchased this vehicle used in 2000 right before my daughter was born in Colorado. I've put over 200,000 miles on it personally. It now has almost 216,000 and still runs great. It does leak oil, but regular oil changes take care of that. I've never had any major mechanical problems with it and hope to put at least 35,000 more miles on it! Would buy another Subaru in a heartbeat!"

Beyond Incredible!!!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "NEVER breaks down and great mileage!"

"Going on 350K and still running strong! Most incredible car I have ever owned. I can't recomend it enough! Best car on the market!!"

don't have to like it to love it

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Got the outback sport as my first car when I was 17, not my first choice, didn't like how it looked, not much pep, but the more I drove it the more I realized you don't necessarily have to like a car to love it. Got me where I needed to go every time, took it on multiple road trips (500miles+), no mechanical problems that aren't wear & tear (tires, brakes, struts, timing belt, axle boot, upgraded the cassette player to mp3/cd). Oil changes are a breeze, don't even need to lift the car. The engine is laid out awesome for at-home servicing. the all wheel drive is nice but in deep snow the car's light so you're still apt to slip a little if you get too confident with AWD. Yokohama tires didn't work out well, they'd pack snow in wheel wells; upgraded to the Michelin Destiny and no problems with that and better traction. the in-dash compartment was awesome for sunglasses. Reliably got me 27mpg no matter how I drove it (winter, summer, highway, city). The dogs loved the back with the seats folded down. The plastic (non-functional) hoodscoop bubbled the paint for cosmetic defects. No real rust problems except behind the wheel wells (expected in an 11 year old car that goes through Michigan winters). A/C worked like a champ in the summer. Put about 60,000 miles on it in 4 years and sold it to a friend of a friend. The car I replaced it with? the 2006 Impreza sedan"

Awesome Subaru!!!! Second Subi I've owned!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Handles like a dream, quick, and stylish."

Cons: "Interior could be a little more nicer."

"I bought this 200 Impreza RS 2.5 in December 2011. I paid $6500 for it with just over 93K on the odometer. I have always wanted this specific model Subaru, but could never find one in decent condition for a good price. I previously owned a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT (Turbo), and loved it as well, but I wanted the RS 2.5. I have no complaints about this car. It will run on regular unleaded gas, but I choose to put midgrade unleaded in it just to take care of the engine. I've been able to get 360 miles out of one tank of gas on city driving (mostly highway miles). This is probably the most reliable car I have ever owned and for being an N/A car, it gets up and goes when needed! My only complaint is that Subaru could have splurged a bit more with the interior as the seats are of a cheap cloth material. But that will change when I swap in a set of WRX seats. Awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Best Vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Best car for winter all the way around. Does better than my husbands truck"

Cons: "The only con is that it took me 6 years to realize I had hidden cup holders."

"I have owned this car for 7 years. I put the 100,000 miles on it because I drove it so much. Amazing on gas. Awesome in the winter. Fun to drive. Love love this car. I will buy another one when this one goes to subaru heaven, but I'm sure that will be another several years. Besides for regular keep ups the car hasn't needed anything major done to it."